Dutasteride 0.5mg results (Avodart)

RVD

Hi guys,

I am at NW Scale 4/5.

I had previously took Finasteride 1mg without any side effects and good results only to retain the existing hair, with crown hair going thick and dark. It has cause me no side effects. But I have always been very irregular with fin, which means I took it for a year then stopped for some months/year and like this.

Around a year back in Jun 13, I started with fin 1mg OD and have been taking it on avg 5days a week since then. I didn't see any positive results, except that the existing hair got thick and black, even after a year.

In the month of Aug 14,I added dutasteride 0.5mg to my routine every other day. I am also taking fin 1mg everyday. Initially for the first 2-3 months, my scalp felt very itchy, and scalp would come out like there is dandruff. There were lots of pimples on scalp for a month or two.

However, after 2.5 months, the itching and dandruff has reduced sharply and is not a concern anymore. What is surprising is the hair growth. Hair in my crown has improved by around 50% in last 4 months, and i have more hair on the hairline also by 20-30%. The improvement is very stark and positive.

Everyone in the family is complimenting on the new growth. I have become more motivated to stick to my medicines more religiously.

I will see if i can find some photos and will share them over here if i can find time. I hope this helps fellow forum members.

I have not noticed any side effects with my libido or erection while on dutasteride for the last 3-4 months.

No minoxidil has been used by me so far for over a year. Though now i m contemplating to add minox to my regimen, but I can hardly follow to apply that twice a day.

Congrats ...

Now that you seemed to have found the ballance which suits you great...& the key to all of this is to stick with it.

This on & off stuff your doing may come back & bite you in the ass one day, I hope not tho.

Again can't stress this enough ...stick with your Meds its a life time commitment.

I'm sure other members would like to see pics before & after also.

Thanks for the update.

Minox once a day is better than none. I do it once a day. Pics would be great. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.