10 days post op 2500 FUE Dr Armani.

kelkoo

Looks fine; though to tell where the grafts went, but looks fine. I hope you end up growing well, bro.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi runwithscissors,

I don't have an idea about that. I am gonna let my hair grow but I was wondering if the look is gonna improve.... evbecause it's only 10 days post op.... sorry for not giving you an answer...

Hi kelkoo, that's ok! Your result looks really good; I asked the question becuase I'm currently looking for information on long term donor management strategies for those, like me, with below average donor density. I just wondered if the doc had told you what the density was before the operation in order to work out a long term plan.

Hi kelkoo, that's ok! Your result looks really good;

????? 10 DAYS Post opp how can you say the word RESULTS,

on the other hand it does like like you got good graft PLACEMENT unlike me, i got a wonky pissplaced hairline from the clinic, more before and more after pics would be better so be can see whats going on, a portrait shot would be good of both if you have a before pic like that

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi Balboa,

The hairline has been only restored and the temples slightly improved ( I am thining as you can see in my before pic)... 2000 zone 1 and 2... 500 zone 3... What do you think about the donor?

Thanks,

Hi first off gald you still had your hairline intact and only needed it thickening which would make it hard for the clinic to mess up on angels.

regarding your donor supply only time will tell as you can get shock loss in the donor area aswell. but i think you will be fine. where did you have the procedure done was it there Bay street clinic in Toronto?

your donor looked a little see through already in the before picture which i find a little strange as you look ethnic origin from the pics and normaly people have realy thick donor like that.

all in all i think you should be ok as your hairline was already still there, but only time will tell when you start to loose those native hairs in your hairline to see what the transplant realy was like. aslong as you avoided the horrible cobblestone scarring (bumps in recipiant site) like i few of us on here got from the armani clinic then you should be ok.

all the best for the future outcome

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

A short update on my FUE transplant. Well at alnmost 2 months, it's quite hard to talk about results... But everything seems to go according the average experience I read about from other FUE HT's. I had some shock loss in the donor and recipient area.

Now I am seing native fallen hairs growing back and a few transplanted hair popping recently.

So far, I am not able to tell you if the HT transplant was a hit, but it seems that the things are going as I ve been told ( or read).

My opinion about Doctor Armani is that he is a Doctor, he never claimed to be a magician.

I agree that he is very ambitious in the density he can transplant. But after all, it s your choice to accept an high density, knowing that it's harder to accomplish and that everyone responds differently.

I had 2000 grafts in zone 1 & 2, with existing thining hairs and 500 in the vertex. It's not a mega transplant but there were risks I knew about for the existing hairs.

About my donor area, less density was obvious just after the extraction and during few weeks. So I do not know if it will be noticeable in the future... I don t know if I had shock loss or if it s a normal result for 2500 grafts.

That's all folks, I ll keep you updated.

Cheers.

Any pics would help. At 2 months most of the grafts should be gone and you can see how much redness you still have, if any. You shouldn't expect any growth yet, if you see growth now that is great.

Shock loss in donor and recipient can be temporary or permanent, time will tell.

2000 grafts spread out in zones 1 and 2 sounds much safer in terms of not causing shock.

I have some questions, hoping you can answer....

Did Sara or Antonio do your procedure?

Why did you not choose to do any grafts in zone 3?

Who did your extractions, Sara or Antonio?

When did your scabs fall off?

Did you go to Toronto or Dubai?

What were the major risks you were informed of before hand?

There does seem to be a noticeable difference in your donor after the procedure. Are you on meds like Propecia?

it s your choice to accept an high density, knowing that it's harder to accomplish and that everyone responds differently

Thats just it he doesnt tell you the risks. so unless you find out yourslef from another source then you would never know there are risks.

glad to see your doing ok so far. i was doing ok at 2-3 months mark as far as growth was concerned and all my shock loss grew back.

im glad that you didnt get the horrible scaring like me.

GOOD LUCK, Hope it all turns out as expected

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

hello Balboa,

So far I am in the average... It's hard you know... the procedure, the shock loss, waiting, the social life, etc.

But taking the path we both know is long and difficult (you more than me I guess)...

When I saw your pictures, it's really not that bad... I had the same scaring for the 6 first weeks, but it's less and less visible, pratically not visible now.

I am not defending Dr Armani, but at the same time, as I said we took a very dangerous path... Of course I agree that in a perfect world we should have been told every details about the procedure... But isn't that letting all the resonsability to the Dr? Who is at the end of the day selling a "service"?... A part of our job is to gather the informations we need to make the "best choice possible"...

Anuyway, thank you Balboa for your advices and contribution... Again, it doesn't look bad at all... If you focus on it, you are giving it more importance I guess...

Cheers,

Originally posted by lanthanos:

Any pics would help. At 2 months most of the grafts should be gone and you can see how much redness you still have, if any. You shouldn't expect any growth yet, if you see growth now that is great.

Shock loss in donor and recipient can be temporary or permanent, time will tell.

2000 grafts spread out in zones 1 and 2 sounds much safer in terms of not causing shock.

I have some questions, hoping you can answer....

Did Sara or Antonio do your procedure?

Why did you not choose to do any grafts in zone 3?

Who did your extractions, Sara or Antonio?

When did your scabs fall off?

Did you go to Toronto or Dubai?

What were the major risks you were informed of before hand?

There does seem to be a noticeable difference in your donor after the procedure. Are you on meds like Propecia?

Hi Lanthanos,

The procedure was done by Antonio Armani,

Zone 3 is still covered,

Extractions were made by someone else than Antonio,

Scabs: Donor few days, Recipient 15-20 days,

HT location: Toronto,

Meds taken: NONE,

Risks aknowledged with: I spent about a long time reading blogs, forums, visiting websites, etc.

A question for you if I may:

Do you think my donor will improve or is it going to stay as it is in the picture ( very very short haircut)?

Cheers,

Hi Kelkoo,

As it is right now, I can't give an honest answer if there is a problem with your donor.

Can you post a current photo of your donor, now that it's 2 months post op. Can you post it in the exact same lighting conditions as your pre-op donor picture so there is no confusion?

I can't figure out why your donor looks so different at 10 days post op in the picture you posted. You shouldn't have any shock loss at 10 days. It looks like it healed well. Shock loss at 10 days is way too early.

I want to be sure the difference in your donor pictures is not due to lighting conditions. Also, it could be due to shorter hair.

I think the only fair comparison is to have your hair at the same length it was in the before pic, and in the same lighting. Then you can really tell if there is an issue. Then if it still looks thin, post the pictures here and send them to the Armani clinic. If your donor is your main concern, I would want to talk to the exact person who did the donor extractions. Ask them what they saw on surgery day, and what they think of your 2 month photos, and if there is a problem. That is their job.

Did they take a measurement of your donor density before the procedure? They should tell you this to see if you had low density even before the procedure.

If you had 2000 grafts put into zones 1 and 2, that is 67cm2, so that is 30 grafts/cm2, which is a very reasonable number of grafts that shouldn't cause too much trauma or shock.

I am worried for you that you are not on a hair loss medication. This can affect your donor too. Why are you not on a hair loss med? Is it for personal or medical reasons?

I wanted to comment on your response to Balboa. This isn't a perfect world, but even so, in our imperfect world, it is the doctor's responsibility to get your "informed consent" before performing surgery. There is a law for this in Canada called the Health Care Consent Act (HCCA). A summary of it can be found on a web page of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).

http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies...default.aspx?id=1544

It states

"2. Consent must be informed

Consent is not valid unless it is informed. A physician must provide a patient with information about the nature of the treatment, its expected benefits, its material risks and side effects, alternative courses of action and the likely consequences of not having the treatment. A physician should not assume that a patient has sufficient background or may not be interested in the information. Without full information, the patient does not have sufficient background to make informed health care decisions and consent may not be valid.

If the patient requests additional information, he or she must receive a response. "

Originally posted by markymark:

Balboa, did you have shockloss in your donor area form the FUE procedure? If yes, how long did it take to thicken up again?

Mark

no i dont think i did have shockloss in the donor although it doesnt look the thickest in places even now i think they overharvested a little

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Meds taken: NONE,

nooooooooo you need to be on finasteride before the HT or if not as soon as you can post opp. you are leaving yourself open to shockloss here. get on finasteride ASAP. LIKE NOW!

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by phil mascallpen:
Originally posted by kelkoo:

we took a very dangerous path

If an HT with Armani is "a dangerous path" then I wouldn't go to Armani. HTs should not be dangerous paths.

I'm curious, did Dr. Armani tell you this would be a dangerous path?

I meant that HT is generally a dangerous path.