post some recent pics. which doctor? at 8 months u shud see somthn. but some do have the "X" factor. it does happen on occasion. from ur photos it appears most of the grafts didn't take. it may get a little better but ull need another HT if u want density. otherwise ull still look balding.

Thomas it can happen, though at 8 months you should be seeing more than you are currently comparing your pre op to 8 months pics on your profile. You should contact you Doctor if you have not already and ask his opinion.

I wouldn't press the panic button at this stage as that will not help, maybe you have lots of fine hair that I can't see from the photo that needs to thicken and mature and this will make a big impact to your overall result. You should see some improvements over the next 4 months or the surgery has not been successful.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you for your replies, not to sure how to attach a photo but there on my profile, there is hair growing where there wasn't before my front temporals had no hair at all and have now but it is not enough to give good coverage, hopefully your right and I should see a big difference in the months to come.

Yes it is.

So you say Talizi Klinik is in Georgia. OK. After large scale FUE, growing even may come after 10-11th month. Of course we can not be sure, but I also recommend you to listen Garageland's advice. And, up to the 1 and half year, hair calibers will increase and you may get more fullness.

Good luck.

Did you get it done in Turkey? Unfortunately on your 7 mo, it appears you are roughly at baseline...

Georgia is not a city in Turkey, Russia, or USA. It is a country somewhere in the world with the capital city Tbilisi.;)

I hope you learned something, and I am happy to help you learn more since it seems you need it.

Thomas it can happen, though at 8 months you should be seeing more than you are currently comparing your pre op to 8 months pics on your profile. You should contact you Doctor if you have not already and ask his opinion.

I wouldn't press the panic button at this stage as that will not help, maybe you have lots of fine hair that I can't see from the photo that needs to thicken and mature and this will make a big impact to your overall result. You should see some improvements over the next 4 months or the surgery has not been successful.

What amount of time, in your opinion, should be allowed to pass before one "presses the panic button"? The guy's 8 months post op for Chrissakes; should he wait until month 12 before seeking a refund or organising another surgery??

Nothing personal here, GL but at the end of the day, surgeon reps are paid to reinforce the perception that hair transplantation is some sort of black art with roots in science, random fortune and black magic when, if we're all being honest, most of the failures are down to surgeon and/or tech error. Reps are paid to promote the integrity of the industry at all costs and to refrain from casting aspersions on the reputation of ANY surgeon. Now while I'm 100% sure you mean well, I can't ignore the conflict of interest between your position and that of the patients.

Pre-op, the marketing machine is geared towards hammering it into prospective patients that growth will typically start in months 4 or 5.

Post-op, however, the machine shifts gears to ensure that the expectations of the so-called "slow growers" and the "X Factor" patients are "managed" with phrases like "don't press the panic button" or "6/7 months is still early".

Thomas1988, you absolutely SHOULD be pressing the panic button. You SHOULD be giving the surgeon HELL. You should be demanding an explanation and a refund. DO NOT accept free surgery from the surgeon. Get your refund and plan another surgery with one of the big shot surgeons in Europe.

Yes but he goes on to suggest that the apparent lack of visible growth may be down to fine calibre hair that can't be detected on the photos.

The patient doesn't need straws to clutch on to; he needs support in his endeavours to get back on the right track. 8 months - no growth means it's a failure 99% of the time. There's no 12 month reprieve on the way so let's get behind this guy and stop feeding him bullshit

• 1 month later...

Hi Thomas,i hope your hair strats growing. i have done my fue almost 2 months ago and most fue patients start their hair grow at the 3 months point.

i have some questions

do you use finestride-propecia?

do you use minoxidil?

do you use pantagor,zinc,iron,biotin?

are you on any of these supplements?(most doctors suggest these supplements after fue)

Do You Smoke?

Do you lift weights?do you do heavy exercises?

Thomas1988, you absolutely SHOULD be pressing the panic button. You SHOULD be giving the surgeon HELL. You should be demanding an explanation and a refund. DO NOT accept free surgery from the surgeon. Get your refund and plan another surgery with one of the big shot surgeons in Europe.

I agree 100%

Everybody out there.

Right now, it is a dangerous moment in HT land. BEWARE!

Strip (FUT) has been torpedoed, and is lying limp in the waters.

And a it is a ripe opportunity for FUE-come-lateleys (in other words, docs who are jumping on the FUE bandwagon) to exploit the "crisis". Not only through this inevitable awareness or consciousness-awareness among HT consumers that finally realise a strip scar is not a good idea for a young balding male, but also because of the US's laws which prohibit techs extracting follicles (I mean laws which can actually be brought before a court of law - unlike in some countries). So we have a wild-west scenario out there in FUE land. Beware!