Dr lorenzo 3201 grafts in madrid

Pma

Hey guys,

Here I am sat in Madrid in my hotel 2 days after my second procedure!

All went really well. Dr lorenzo said we would aim for 2500 grafts but after a two day procedure he managed to get 2951 grafts all have gone into my crown as let's be honest it was a large bald crown ?.

All joking aside I was very lucky as dr lorenzo done all bar 100 of the extractions and all the implanting, he also commented on how well my growth looked at the front for five months.

I have been happy both visits now in Madrid and dr lorenzo and his team have treated me very well. Won't go into to much detail about the procedure apart from I had 1201 on the first day and 1750 the second day, he'sanaged to put some grafts into where my crown dips at the back as well. He has mentioned from the start to get good coverage in my crown will be hard due to having not much hair back there I'm the beginning so I'm aware it will not be as thick as the front but I will be pleased if my shiny crown does have an average coverage on it, he thinks I have about another 2000 left before I max out my donor, but it's time now to have 18 months for my head to rest and grow and see the final result!

Anyhow that me for now I'll update pictures when I get them from dr lorenzo.

Any questions please ask.

Cheers

Pma

Thanks guys home now! Airport was fine but when back in the uk got stopped with my bag as I went through she started asking me question of where I've been and why, (must have looked dodgy!)so I thought what the hell so I told her the truth and then instead of checking my bag she asked if I minded taking my hat of and showing her, and ended up having a long chat about the procedure and how great she thought it looked and then set me on my way not even checking my luggage! So a bit of fun at the airport hey! ?

So I'm 4 post now and feeling a little itchy in the donor and flakey, exactly the same as my first procedure. So all as expected.

I guess that's a lot of HTs guys nightmare asking you to take off your hat at the airport security in front of strangers then seems like she went one step over the line asking about your surgery.

I'm sure you will get a great result Pma. Keep posting progress pictures. It helps all the people on here to see all the results from all the different doctors. I can understand why most of us would dread being asked to take our hats off at the airport, I just thought if I had to it would only be for a few seconds and then just carry on with the journey home. Anyone that did see it I'm sure would have forgotten about it within minutes. I decided to liberate myself and go hat less. Lol.

I was more self-conscious with the hat so I ditched it at the hotel. Then again my recipient area was not shaved for either procedure. No stares for the 19 hour journey home even at the Sky Club Lounge

Wow! that is amazing coverage and the pattern is very natural. It looks like you will have a grand slam result within 6 months. I had slightly less territory to cover but only got 1400 scalp and 500 beard FUEs but now at 6 months it is looking pretty good. My limited donor also looks pretty much the same as it did prior to the 2900 grafts so maybe I have another 500-750 along with another 500 beard grafts to get even better density. Greed is good?

Recall that when I went back to my famous USA strip surgeon last year I had a bald crown, pluggy hair line and sparse top from late progression to a NW7. All he could offer was another strip, scar repair (maybe) but at best 500-800 grafts and SMP. I am grateful that I found this site instead and primarily due to Mickey85 posts started to look into Lorenzo's technique and decided to go for it. Like you I am glad that I did!

Hi hairweare,

Thanks for your comments much apprieciated.

Yes I hope in will be a very natural crown with reasonable density, just have to go on that 5-8 month journey again now! But I am happy I've seen it through both procedures, and hoping it will be a result of full coverage.

You are now 6 months out now what percentage of growth would you say you are at now on your crown?

Considering your hair characteristics and previous results I suspect you will be very happy. You even have what appears to be a healthy reserve still left in your donor bank. Don't be influenced by the recent discussion claiming that FUE yields and quality on subsequent procedures decrease. This obviously is not the case for Lorenzo's patients. I experienced relatively little shedding following both procedures and the newly transplanted grafts seemed to resume their normal anagen phase without much pause. That said If the first procedure is any indication, I am probably 80% grown out at the 6th month mark. While there still was some later filling in, not much changed after the 8th month the first time around. Contrary to common belief, I can't think of any physiologic reason why the crown area grows slower. When it is time for a haircut your crown hair is just as long and in need of a trim as the rest of your head is it not?

Congrats PMA on your latest session with Dr Lorenzo. I look forward to seeing the results.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi Pma,

you stated the Dr. Lorenzo managed to put a few grafts where your crown dips in the back, but it looks like the entire bald area in the back was addressed, is this incorrect?

Thanks stinger and garageland, I will update every month as always

Hi farmcat, yes all the area has been covered which is great, I suppose it's all going to be about density now, and only time will now tell how much density I will get, but I'm really happy to have coverage over two procedures on all bald areas!

Cheers pma

Hi stinger,

I spoke to dr lorenzo the day I left and asked home this he magnified an area on his computer and a counted a square cm it was 33cm2 so I feel this will give an ok coverage if it all grow!!

Hi densedream

If your area was smaller and you had 6000 grafts did they all grow??? For example let's say your crown was 100cm2 which is generous 6000 divided 100 would give you 60cm per cm2 if this was the case your crown should look like a great coverag! So I'm guessing your results have not lived upto what you thought is this correct?!!

Congratulations on your latest transplant Pma.

Looks like really neat work again and Dr. Lorenzo has managed to cover that large crown pretty comprehensively.

Really looking forward to seeing this one progress. All the best with it.

Pete.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hi stinger,

I spoke to dr lorenzo the day I left and asked home this he magnified an area on his computer and a counted a square cm it was 33cm2 so I feel this will give an ok coverage if it all grow!!

Hi densedream

If your area was smaller and you had 6000 grafts did they all grow??? For example let's say your crown was 100cm2 which is generous 6000 divided 100 would give you 60cm per cm2 if this was the case your crown should look like a great coverag! So I'm guessing your results have not lived upto what you thought is this correct?!!

They obviously didn't all grow from my 2 procedures with Dr. Panine. You can view my recent thread to see my story. My last small procedure with Dr. Bhatti to help increase density to help augment what ever amount did grow from my previous surgeries with Dr. Panine.