Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

Thx Harry , the first op was sub par but I did have growth and would be pretty slick bald had I not done anything, I'm confident op 2 will be a success and although I'm a little upset I had to waste precious grafts to repair op 1 , there are worse things in life and all will be good when I get the yield I deserve from op 2.

Did you ever get any numbers on what percent of growth you had from OP 1? I suppose an HT is considered a failure if regrowth is below a certain percentage correct? What was your and the docs opinion on why the results weren't as good as hoped for and what changes you could make for OP 2?

Edited by palma13

Dr b gave me 900 free grafts in op 2 to re densify and tough up areas of op 1 so I figure he felt I got about 70 percent yield. But really who knows. Did I get 60, did I get 80 who knows. Dr b stands by his work and gaurantees minimum 90 percent yield. We really don't know why the lower yield in op 1 as the op went extremely well . Dr b however wanted to do the biopsy to rule out any potential skin issue. As mentioned above my result came back that my scalp is compatible with lpp which causes inflammation and attacks follicles and kills them. Although I highly doubt I have lpp, dr b recommended the clobetasol shampoo to control inflammation. I have fair skin and although healing from op 1 was great, I Recall my scalp being red for a few months post op and definately likely had prolonged inflammation. Did this inflammation affect growth, had I taken the shampoo after first op would I have got better yield ,,,,who knows. What's done is Done and now just focusing on getting top yield for op 2. It will be interesting if yield is much better now that I will be using the shampoo. I will keep everyone posted.

I am also using rogaine on scalp which I started two weeks post op, something I did not do after op 1. And I ordered pilfood hair supplement pills which I know dr Lorenzo highly recommends his patients to use. I'm putting all chances on my side this time, I'm staying positive no negative thoughts this time and I'm confident I'll get good result,

If u look back at my post in my thread 1 month and 2 month post op from op 1 ( page 7 and 9) looking back now , man I still had some pretty big inflammation in recipient. Even month four still some, but month one and 2 big time. I'm wondering if I would hav used the shampoo to control and drastically reduce the inflammation if yield would have been better. Maybe. For sure it couldn't have hurt,

Dr b gave me 900 free grafts in op 2 to re densify and tough up areas of op 1 so I figure he felt I got about 70 percent yield. But really who knows. Did I get 60, did I get 80 who knows. Dr b stands by his work and gaurantees minimum 90 percent yield. We really don't know why the lower yield in op 1 as the op went extremely well . Dr b however wanted to do the biopsy to rule out any potential skin issue. As mentioned above my result came back that my scalp is compatible with lpp which causes inflammation and attacks follicles and kills them. Although I highly doubt I have lpp, dr b recommended the clobetasol shampoo to control inflammation. I have fair skin and although healing from op 1 was great, I Recall my scalp being red for a few months post op and definately likely had prolonged inflammation. Did this inflammation affect growth, had I taken the shampoo after first op would I have got better yield ,,,,who knows. What's done is Done and now just focusing on getting top yield for op 2. It will be interesting if yield is much better now that I will be using the shampoo. I will keep everyone posted.

I need to do more research as I do not know what Ipp is? Is is not possible to check this before getting an HT? I know it might be overkill. But, an HT is an invasive procedure so I wouldn't mind getting a biopsy done ahead of time.

I am also using rogaine on scalp which I started two weeks post op, something I did not do after op 1. And I ordered pilfood hair supplement pills which I know dr Lorenzo highly recommends his patients to use. I'm putting all chances on my side this time, I'm staying positive no negative thoughts this time and I'm confident I'll get good result,

I currently do not use Rogaine, but more than happy to do so post-op. Also willing to consider pilfood. I wonder if topical steroids could have helped lower the inflammation? Did any physician recommend that?

At the end of the day who knows what causes lower yield. But, you have a stand up doc willing to help you out. I know we consider these procedures to address a cosmetic condition (well I consider this a psychologically damaging condition), but either way the humanity of a doctor is just as needed in such procedures as it would be in medically necessary procedures.

• 1 month later...

Hi Stinger, I myself had a procedure with Dr Bisanga just 4 days ago. Threads like this one are a source of invaluable information, so I'd really like to thank you. Any updates? You should be almost at the 2 months mark, if I'm not mistaken. How's the redness this time?

2950 grafts FUE transplant with Dr Bisanga in Feb 2017:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186106-fue-dr-bisanga.html

Hi tomiislav , firsty congrats on ur procedure with dr b. I'm sure everything went very well. Secondly, I'm glad to hear u found my thread helpful . Today marks the 2 month mark for me. Healing was amazing as the first op and redness this time around was gone very quickly mainly since grafts were more spread out this time compared to first op where hairline was done with more grafts in front. Now is the waiting game for me and I'm hoping for some early growth

Hi tomiislav , firsty congrats on ur procedure with dr b. I'm sure everything went very well. Secondly, I'm glad to hear u found my thread helpful . Today marks the 2 month mark for me. Healing was amazing as the first op and redness this time around was gone very quickly mainly since grafts were more spread out this time compared to first op where hairline was done with more grafts in front. Now is the waiting game for me and I'm hoping for some early growth

Stinger, congrats on your journey thus far thru the ugly duckling phase.

Hey, how was your facial swelling postop this time, versus your previous HT?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Congrats on your recent surgery with Dr Bisanga. Good growth to you and look forward to following your results.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI sorry for the delayed response as I have been extremely busy and to be honest have tried not to think about my hair at all unlike the first op where I was constantly stressing about growth. I'm 4 months post op in a few days and so far all is ok. Things seem to be improving so it's positive. Of course this is still very early stages so we will see what future months will hold. I will get to posting pics soon.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

@stinger99 your write-up was great. I am myself thinking of having an FUE procedure soon - can I ask you what was the cost per graft with dr Bisanaga. Feel free to DM me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...