Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

3223 grafts in op 1 , op 2 I had 2609 scalp and 364 beard so total just over 6000

Stinger,

You did your research. You chose a top notch clinic. You approached it conservatively and chose to spread it out over 2 - 3 operations. You've documented your journey for others.

Thank you.

I think you'll be pleased based on reactions to your first operation, and I look forward to seeing your final outcome.

Thx Harry , the first op was sub par but I did have growth and would be pretty slick bald had I not done anything, I'm confident op 2 will be a success and although I'm a little upset I had to waste precious grafts to repair op 1 , there are worse things in life and all will be good when I get the yield I deserve from op 2.

so the biopsy results came back and it seems that I have evidence of lichen planopilaris which likely affected growth In first op. I am now devastated and extremely worried that it will affect my growth for my second op.

Hey Stinger, were you symptomatic with it before your HT (even your initial one?) I've had an undiagnosed itchy scalp since I actually started losing my hair; just assumed it was a dry scalp though rather than anything more sinister especially as LPP is pretty rare and if you look at the dermnet pictures there is no scarring like that on my scalp. What shampoo have they given you?

Edited by GuyFromTheUK

So I saw a dermatologist today and after inspection of my scalp advised that he does not see had slightest sign of lpp. He said that recipient has inflammation but that is normal since I am 3.5 weeks post op. I told him the result from my biopsy said my scalp is compatible with lpp. He said compatible does not mean I have lpp. He also said that since biopsy was taken from area of op 1 there is micro scarring and this can cause a false/inaccurate result. He said however that as a precaution and in order to get inflammation down he recommends clobetasol shampoo twice a week for 2 months after which he will re analyze my scalp. At that point if need be he will do a biopsy but he said again host he really doubted I gave lpp. He said the shampoo will reduce inflammation and this is good for growth of grafts. He said the shampoo has no negative affect on growth and that I can also use rogaine. All this is exactly what dr b told me . I bought shampoo today and starting it tomorrow.

So I saw a dermatologist today and after inspection of my scalp advised that he does not see had slightest sign of lpp. He said that recipient has inflammation but that is normal since I am 3.5 weeks post op. I told him the result from my biopsy said my scalp is compatible with lpp. He said compatible does not mean I have lpp. He also said that since biopsy was taken from area of op 1 there is micro scarring and this can cause a false/inaccurate result. He said however that as a precaution and in order to get inflammation down he recommends clobetasol shampoo twice a week for 2 months after which he will re analyze my scalp. At that point if need be he will do a biopsy but he said again host he really doubted I gave lpp. He said the shampoo will reduce inflammation and this is good for growth of grafts. He said the shampoo has no negative affect on growth and that I can also use rogaine. All this is exactly what dr b told me . I bought shampoo today and starting it tomorrow.

I don't have lpp but I did have some minor inflammation pre surgery and they put me on clobex shampoo as well. Dr B recommended it in consultation with his other doctor who was a dermatologist. I came back home post surgery and checked with my derm and he also said the same thing that it was safe and I've been using it twice a week since week 2 and it's now about to hit the 4th month mark. Hasn't affected my growth, least I don't think it has as my hair seems to be coming along nicely. I saw my derm yesterday by sheer coincidence and he was commenting on how good my hair was looking so definitely don't be afraid of the clobex.

Mikey thx so much for sharing your comments. It is definately reassuring. Question. Do u put the shampoo on dry or do u wet ur scalp first. The instructions say put on dry. Also, how long do u leave it on scalp. Dr b said 5 to 7 min. What do u do. Finally how much longer will u use the shampoo. Thx

Excellent to hear :)

Mikey thx so much for sharing your comments. It is definately reassuring. Question. Do u put the shampoo on dry or do u wet ur scalp first. The instructions say put on dry. Also, how long do u leave it on scalp. Dr b said 5 to 7 min. What do u do. Finally how much longer will u use the shampoo. Thx

I put it on a dry scalp and my derm said 15 minutes so I have always let it sit 15 minutes. Then I wet it a bit lather it up and wash it out. My derm told me I have 0 inflammation left at this point so I was good to stop it so my last wash with it was a couple days ago and that'll be it. He's given me a bunch of refills on it and left it to my discretion to use it again if I feel any symptoms of inflammation come back up but if I do I'll just check with him again at that time, for the time being I'm good. I used it twice a week for 14 weeks in total. In truth I could have stopped it earlier as there was no inflammtion earlier but this was the earliest appointment I could get with him and he assured me that even if the inflammation went away earlier that there was no harm with the frequency and dose I was taking to continue so I stayed on the treatment plan.

Thx I did first time today . Made my scalp feel great after just using once . Had I know this ahampoobj would have used it after my first op as well . I have fair skin and definitely prone to inflammation. I'm sure had I used it after op 1 for a few months post op to control inflammation I would have had better yield .