Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

As promised here are some 1 year pics. Overall, definately a transformation from where I started. Was it the stellar result I was hoping for, no. But definately a nice cosmetic improvement. Dr bisanga has also offered free touch up to add density no questions asked, where growth wasn't as strong as it should have been. I'm planning op 2 for next December. I think I will go max 2500 grafts this time. 2000 scalp and start with 500 beard. I'll need a third op to get to where I want to be so rather not push the limits.

Dr bisanga and sl have been great, always felt they were by my side and never felt abandoned. Dr bisanga reassured that he would do whatever need be to bring result up to his expectations. He really stands by his work and wants nothing but the best for his patients. After care from sl was beyond incredible. I'm looking forward for op number two and will continue to update on my journey. I'll update pics at 18 Months but do not expect much change from this point on.

• 4 weeks later...
Dr bisanga and sl have been great, always felt they were by my side and never felt abandoned. Dr bisanga reassured that he would do whatever need be to bring result up to his expectations. He really stands by his work and wants nothing but the best for his patients. After care from sl was beyond incredible. I'm looking forward for op number two and will continue to update on my journey. I'll update pics at 18 Months but do not expect much change from this point on.

Hi Stinger, I have read your journey with interest from start of thread and could feel your excitement over new hair line and hair on top and then what appeared to be frustration over lack of growth/density as the months progressed. But looking at your before and after pics I think your new hair looks great. I am considering going to Dr Bisanga for FUE HT and I am similar to you as NW5/6 and also realise I wont have a full head of hair after one procedure. My donor is not as good as yours so I think I only have one chance at this. Did you have any concerns on who else was working on your head during your HT surgery? A recent forum debate was stating that the Doctors only perform part of the procedure and technicians then complete the majority of the work. What checks did you make before deciding that Dr Bisanga was the one for you and did you ask him how much of the HT he would do? What qualifications do technicians have or need? I know this was a big decision for you and I am in a similar situation at present. I want HT but have so many concerns about taking the step and signing up for it. I really would welcome what your thoughts were before you went and any advice you can give. Appreciate your time in reply. Many thanks.:)

Hello longtime, glad you read my thread and my journey. It was definitely a roller coaster of emotions throughout the journey. In the end I do have a significant cosmetic difference especially considering that one year later from my pre op pics I am sure I lost a lot more of that thin native hair that was barely hanging on pre op. To answer ur questions, I chose dr bisanga because he uses manual punch, he personally did all the punching himself and he personally cut every recipient site. Alll the technicians did was graft placement. I also spoke to many patients who had a great experience and those where results fell slightly short of expectations only needed touch ups which dr bisanga offered for free. This showed his ethical dr bisanga is and how he will stand by his work. As I mentioned in previous posts, in my case dr b said he will offer free touch up in my second op and do whatever he needs to do to make me happy. It took my ten years to finally do it and I'm so happy I did it. I can't wait for my second op. My advice is to narrow ur choices to 3 top docs, my opinion would be bisanga and Lorenzo, consult with a few and decide on who u feel most comfortable with. Let me know if u have any other questions. I know exactly how ur feeling.

Hello longtime, glad you read my thread and my journey. It was definitely a roller coaster of emotions throughout the journey. In the end I do have a significant cosmetic difference especially considering that one year later from my pre op pics I am sure I lost a lot more of that thin native hair that was barely hanging on pre op. To answer ur questions, I chose dr bisanga because he uses manual punch, he personally did all the punching himself and he personally cut every recipient site. Alll the technicians did was graft placement. I also spoke to many patients who had a great experience and those where results fell slightly short of expectations only needed touch ups which dr bisanga offered for free. This showed his ethical dr bisanga is and how he will stand by his work. As I mentioned in previous posts, in my case dr b said he will offer free touch up in my second op and do whatever he needs to do to make me happy. It took my ten years to finally do it and I'm so happy I did it. I can't wait for my second op. My advice is to narrow ur choices to 3 top docs, my opinion would be bisanga and Lorenzo, consult with a few and decide on who u feel most comfortable with. Let me know if u have any other questions. I know exactly how ur feeling.

Thanks stinger99 for your quick reply. I have consulted with other clinics and if I go ahead (pardon the pun) I will go with Dr Bisanga. I have some questions if you would be as kind to answer thank you. How has the skin healed in area of recipient hairs that did not take. Has it left any mark or scar? Did you have much swelling around forehead following the procedure? If so when did it start? Also how did you manage this? How long did you stay in Brussels for after procedure? What did you wear on head following procedure? Did you have any issues with the airport or flight home? What was your daily routine for the first seven days following procedure? What healing products did you use? I am close to deciding so just need some re assurance on a few things. As you are going back for second op you must have been impressed. It is the ethics I keep hearing about Dr Bisanga that has helped make decision on going to him. From what you have said you had no issues with the other people working on your head as well as Dr Bisanga.

Its the nagging doubt of having the procedure if anything goes wrong and also some stories I have read on the threads and forums about the bad experience people have had with other clinics. Welcome your reply with thanks.

ok let me answer your questions 1 at a time

1-for grafts that didnt take, i cannot see any scar or anything abnormal even after close inspection under very bright light

2- i did have some swelling 2 days post op, nothing to crazy but definately some swelling on forehead and between eyes.

3- managed the swelling by not over walking, watching movies with head tilted for fluid can drain in te back not down to the face. also used ice.

4- left home sunday night, arrived monday, procedure tues/wed. come back sunday.

5- dr bisanga provides a light black bandana so i used that everytime i went out and took if out to let head breath when i was relaxing in my room.

6- i wore the bandana at the airport. i was checked, and they asked me to remove the banadana. i requested to do so in a private room which was no issue. i removed it quickly, they saw they saw i wasnt hiding anything dangerous and said ok n problem. it was as simple and easy as that

7- dr b will gve you very clear instructions. the first 2 days after the procedure i took it easy lying down so fluid would drain to back, i did walk around brussels and the 3 rd day i walked around almost all day.

8- dr b will give you products to use with clear instructions.. i also used aloe on the donor.

post op day 7 you can start gently rubbing scabs and by day 10 all scabs are off and it was as if i had no work done, the donor healed crazy quick. once grafts fell out i my hairline was red however, but nothing too bad.

Thanks again Stinger99

My intention would be to fly back home the day after surgery.

I was told that the clinic gave you a document for the airport passport control to read that states you have had surgery and thats why you are wearing bandana? Did this not happen?

Did you ask Dr Bisanga the qualifications and experience of the technicians staff working with him? Who gives the injections?

I have to make a decision soon and just need some re assurance that this is the right clinic to go too. My hair design at present is similar to yours before your surgery and i have seen your results up to date. I know you are happier from your original photo and after this first procedure.

Any words of assurance I am going to the right clinic would be welcome.

Thanks again for your time and advice much appreciated. :)

Even with document, I was asked to remove my bandana, I did so in private, was a five second thing, no issues at all and a really a non event for me. Yes I enquirer about his techs and he assured me they were all very experienced and have all been with him for many years. During my op, I asked the techs and all confirmed that they have been with dr b for some time. They all seemed experienced . Injections were done by Natasha for me who was really sweet and great. He has another person , a man, can't remember his name who also does injections. I have spoken to past patients who had both and all said both were great. Dr b is a class act, ethical and ru s a top clinic. His work is refined and clean and he is very conservative. You are in good hands.

Hey Stinger, I know you have concerns with your touch up to previously transplanted areas. I had a procedure with Dr. B almost 2 months ago and I can say that I have noticed zero shockloss to my native hairs. They have grown back in just like they were before the procedure. Of couse I have no idea if my transplant

will be a success, but I am feeling pretty confident that I will not end up worse than I started with Dr. B.

All the best to you and thanks again for keeping up with your thread.

Nubya congrats on ur procedure. Dr b I'd excellent doc. To be clear, I'm actually not concerned at all about the touch up I require. I'm actually very excited and anxious to go back for my second op. I also had zero shock loss and great healing , Which was very good. Keep us posted on ur progress, but I'm sure u will have a great result.

• 1 month later...

Hi Stinger,

Thanks for the thread - reading all in 1 sitting really shows the ups and downs of the process. I actually thought you were an early grower at month 3 and then things really looked sharp thru month 6. Then it seems you had a stall for nearly half a year. The 12 month pic does show improvement from the prior one (I think month 9 or 10). It's been another 2 months and you should be more or less "all in" at this point so was wondering if you had another set of photos to finish off this thread before you move on to #2 this Dec.

You sort of started in a similar spot to me so this lets me set my expectations. I had a few more grafts than you but probably went back farther on my scalp a bit farther (but not to crown) so I probably have similar graft density.

p.s. do you have a breakdown of your 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4s - I am curious how many hairs were in the 3220 grafts. I could not find it in your OP. Thx

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey this guy, sorry for the delayed response. I've been extremely busy and not in the site much anymore. I will be adding new pics At the 18 month mark, but not much has changed from last pics and I don't expect much change from this point on. I'm really looking forward for my second op in December. If successful I think it will really make a huge difference in density and added coverage on top humps and further back.

Stinger99 ,

What makes you think that the second procedure would work better ? Your scalp isn't "virgin" anymore,according to dr Bisanga theory your chances are lower ...

Well the first worked pretty well, yes I didn't get the yield that I wanted but still worked ok, secondly, for my second, the bulk of the grafts in my second op will be implanted on Virgin scalp area and third, I will do less grafts this time. I will attach a pic of my update below.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey stinger, Thanks very much for the detailed report on you procedure with Dr Bisanga.

I know you don't want to grow the front cos it will make the crown look balder..

I really think you should get temple points in this second procedure it will make a huge difference to your look..

Then when your crown grows back grow your front longer and part the hair to the side and I reckon you will have a full head of hair.. Thanks again and good luck with the rest of your journey.