Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

At six months things were looking on track and since then there does not appear to have been any progress. I think you said you were on about 85% yield but it appears considerably less than that, 3223 grafts should have produced a much more cosmetically acceptable result. Really sorry it has not turned out the way you wanted (so far).

• Administrators

Can you take a picture overview? It's hard to say cause at number 2 it looks thin, but I'd like to see how much coverage you got, if the doctor went back considerably far, it may be actually good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi htsoon, will take when I have time, but I atached a pic of graft placement, which clearly shows how far back he went. There is no question we covered a large area, that being said, for that amount of grafts, density should have been much more than that for sure. Fue, I also don't think it is 85 percent yield. I still don't know why is looks thinner now than last month. Could it be a shed and it will regrow stronger and thicker? I'm not counting on it. I thought once new hair grows it is in growing phase for six years before it sheds again. I have read about some cases that have had shedding between 6 and 9 months, but there was no follow up posts, so don't know what was final outcome.

• Administrators

I'm sorry this didn't meet your expectations, it's always hard for us to have such high hopes and it not be what you expected, I truly am sorry for that, but in looking at your previous pictures it does not appear to be getting thinner, I'd say there was a slight improvement, I also don't know what your expectation is, but it's going to take more than 400 grafts to create density at a 2 guard haircut, I'd say another 1,000 for it to look dense at that length, I'd hate to see you go through this again, I know it sucks I'm 2 moths post op second surgery and got some shock loss look balder than I did before surgery, so I know it sucks. Stay positive, you have dynamite donor density, you could definitely get the result you want ;)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Really don't think it got better from month 8. I had realistic expectations, I'd really like to know my exact yield but only way to really know would be to shave ,my head and have a qualified Dr check recipient sites and see how many didnt grow. The only hope I have is that I see many thin thin hair so if it matures and thicken maybe result could be decent. For now, going to try not to think about it and re evaluate in 3 months which would be the 12 month mark.

Stinger,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Stinger,

Hang in there, you still have a few more months to go. Hopefully things will improve. If it doesn't, at least you know Dr Bisanga and his team's will do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Best wishes!

HI Stinger99. Thank you again for updating your thread. The pictures are very helpful to those of us researching FUE. I'm sad to read about the progress and see the growth you are talking about in the pictures though. When you say 85% yeild, you mean 85% grew right? I don't know if it looks like that either. Do doctors actually shave down and count like you said above? I would be interested to see what your growth really ended up being. But I really do wish you the best of luck. I know you will get this all straightened out. Thank you again for sharing your story and pictures. I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but it is rally helpful to people considering FUE to read real experiences and see actual pictures.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Are you satisfied with the angles of the transplanted hair? I think the main problem is not the grafts but the angles of them..... I really believe that when the grafts are planted in away where they stick up instead of laying flat down on the scalp the result would look thinner unless you keep your hair really long to cover the scalp... IMHO Having the grafts laying down forward on the scalp would produce a more natural and thicker result specially for short hair style as when you buzzed your hair to guard 2.... This is what I like about the results coming from turkey as the hair seems to lay down on the scalp instead of sticking up as I see with many HT results

Aim4hair, I think the angles Are fine. I think the issue is lower yield that expected and patchy growth. Not sure how many grafts I would need to bring it up to speed. When I saw d bisanga in person he stated 400, but I'm sure once he inspected again in more detail this number would higher unfortunately. I'm very curious to see what my end result will look like in 3 to 5 months from now once all hair has a chance to fully mature.

Hi Stinger99. Thanks for answering my question. I don't really know how to tell how much of a transplant grew, but I dont know if it is 85% either. It seems like you would have had more coverage if it was 85 growth. I really hope you are able to get all of this straightened out. Thank you again for sharing all of this information.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Hey Stinger, any updates?

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had decided to stay off forums and stop stressing about my hair as stress can be bad. And would come back to post pics at my 12 month mark. I can say that I have seen some improvement which is great. I am now a few days past the 11 month mark. I am not sure if I had more growth but the hair that did grow has thicken up quite nicely making the overall result better. The yield still remains below expectations, but far from a failure. Dr bisanga has also re confirmed to me that he will do whatever it takes to bring result up to par and up to expectations. He really is a class act and stands by his work no questions asked. I have booked my second op for next dec. I was a slow grower and want to give it a full 18 months before doing another procedure especially since my op 2 will involve some touch up from op 1 area. My next op I am also planning a smaller session. 3200 might have been a little much, so my next op I am planning 2500 grafts to 2700 grafts, 500 of which will be beard to conserve scalp grafts and test to see how beard hair works on me .

• Administrators

I'm happy that there was improvement, are you still keeping your hair really short on top?

View my thread

Hey stinger,

I must say I feel that all your posts have been really honest and really useful to me and I'm sure lots of people on here. We had our procedures at the same time and we have gone through this journey together, and you have helped me through the hole experience. I'm glad you are still having improvements and look forward to your next update in December. I'm confident you will get the result you want and deserve and dr bisanga will deliver it for you .

Al the best stinger99

Htsoon, I grew my hair the longest I have had in over a decade which was nice and definately makes a huge difference for illusion of coverage. I just cut it last week short again as the crown looks much worse when front is grown out. I am very anxious to get op number two done next dec.

Stinger- Glad to hear you are staying with Dr Bisanga which I think is the right decision. Look forward to seeing your 12 month update.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

hi garageland, the work done was good, donor still looks prestine and untouched, recovery was excellent and after care service amazing. also dr bisanga is very ethical and offered to do whatever it takes to bring op 1 to par. yes the yield was not as good as i hoped for, but dr bisanga will address it. i will also do a smaller session as maybe 3223 was a little too much.