Dr Bisanga, 3223 fue, amazing experience

stinger99

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
So are you guys saying FUE results look thin when shaved shorter? I was hoping to keep my top shorter after FUE?

Any more 8 month pictures Stinger99?

Sunseeker, hair restoration whether it be FUE or FUT will always look better longer, typically your born with 100 follicular u its per cm, so when you have a large bald area it's difficult to match the density, in order for someone to appear like that are not balding they'd require 50 follicular units per cm, generally this is not possible in individuals with a lot of hairloss because there is a large area to cover, so what surgeons do is transplant less density like 30 follicular units per cm, this will look thin when cut short, but will become less apparent when grown out because the follicles can lay over each other covering more of the scalp. So it really depends on how much hair you've lost, if it's minor recession and you're a good candidate, surgeons can dense pack and hair could be cut short, this has nothing to do with FUE or FUT only has to do with how many grafts are being transplantes in a particular area and how closely they are being transplanted.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So are you guys saying FUE results look thin when shaved shorter

shaved at #1 after HT with a lower hair line will always look better than a person who has not had a HT.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

not much change from month 8 to month 9 which is a little disapointing. i was in chicago this past weekend to see dr bisanga in person so he could evaluate my progress at the 9 month mark. he admitted yield was below his expectations and probably around the 85% mark. not sure if i will get more growth beyond this point. dr bisanga thinks 400 grafts will be sufficient to touch up and obtain the desired result from my op. It is my understanding that he will not charge for these grafts. from this point on im hoping for some more maturinmg and thickening that will improve the current result. overall, not the knock out result i was hoping for but far from a failed result. i wll post some pics shortly.

HI Stinger. Thank you for updating the thread. But I'm sad to hear about the growth being below expectations. Did Dr Bisanga have any idea why it only grew 85%? I'm trying to stay positive and keep researching FUE surgery, but I'm becoming very concerned by the number of results like this I'm seeing. I really hope you are are able to get this all fixed up with Dr Bisanga. Please let us know if you do and if he figures out what could have caused the growth problem. I really wish you luck. Thank you again.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Stinger, I have enjoyed following your thread. You are Night and day above where you started. You and your Dr. knew from the git go that being a high NW that you would have to trade density for coverage. That being said, I think you got a pretty good yield. It's not like he could dense pack you with the extended loss that you had. I would take the 400 fu touch up and not look back, then go for the crown.

Good luck to you sir and thanks for posting your journey.

thx ndubya. yes i agree the look is way better than from where i started no doubt. i was however expecting close to 95% yield as dr b consistently produces that yield range from my research. im sure a better yield will have made result that much better. im just a little bumped out because as a higher nw, i need every graft i can get. i cant afford to lose any. the fact that i lost over 400 grafts and now have to use another 400-500 for touch up is 1000 grafts lost that i could have used in another area. i also have to risk doing a touch up in an area i already had work oin and riusk shockloss to transplanted hair. was hoping for op to to focus solely a new virgin area. well it is what it is. stll hoping for more imporvment over next 3-4 months.

• Administrators

Stinger you have my sympathies, im also a high Norwood myself so I feel for you, but in all honesty all of the pics you have provided have been with very short hair, hypothetically speaking let's say you had 95% growth, 3,228 grafts on a large surface area is going to look thin, even with 100% growth. My suggestion is to grow the top out a bit, try different hair styles, I prefer to comb it to the side or comb it back. I'm 2 months post op myself and experiencing some shock loss, I know where your coming from psychologically, but I honestly think that with a different hairstyle and length and maybe some hair product you'll feel different. Keep us updated bro and I hope things work out for you.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

thx HTsoon. im a little down but still in godo spirits. i mean you have seen the pics. i am 1000 times better than where i started so definately no regrets. of course was hoping for better yield, but in the end if a 400 grafts touch up will bring the result from first op where i want to be, then it is not too bad. i also got confirmation that any amount of grafts needed for touch up would be free of charge no questions asked. this shows how a top ethical doc like dr bisanga stands by his work. i was also a slow grower so many by month 12-15 i see even more improvement.

Clarification: in an earlier post up above i made a statement that i lost 400 grafts and need 400 to touch up and stated that i therefore lost 800-1000 grafts. i re read this and realized this does not make sense. if 400 grafts didnt grow then i lost 400 not 800. i thought it important to clarify this inaccurate statement i made

• Administrators

Stinger have you considered using body hair for those 400 grafts? For example beard hair? There is another poster on here who had beard hair over 1,000 grafts and his result was really good. This way you preserve those 400 scalp grafts for something down the line. Dr. Bisanga does do body hair transplants.

View my thread

Hi Htsoon, luckily I have above average donor and since Dr bisanga is so good with donor extraction my donor looks great and could still produce 4000 plus grafts. I cannot use 400 beard for frontal third as it won't look good, but will definately use beard for crown.

Sunseeker, to answer ur question, Dr bisanga said that since I have been bald from a while in front blood flow to the area had stopped for some time and the lower yield could be a result of not enough blood flow. He said that now that most grafts grew out blood flow has been re established and he would expect close to 100 percent growth for the touch up 400 grafts.

• Administrators

That's awesome man, glad you have good density, all things considered the 400 grafts shouldn't make that much of a difference considering you might do bears hair for the crown. Can you post some new pics I'd love to see what it looks like now.

View my thread

Hi stinger99. Thank you for answering my question. I'm glad Dr Bisanga explained why he thinks the FUE grafts didn't grow as well. I hope he is right about the next one growing better! I'm excitted to see your pictures tomorrow. Thank you for sharing all of this information. Even though I don't like reading about the FUE cases that did not grow like we would want, it is still helpful to the guys researching FUE.

FUE for me?? Maybe???

Ok guys so I finally got time to put some updated pics. I'm currently 9 months and one week. This has been the most difficult month for me so far. Mainly because I find my hair has actually got thinner over the last month instead of thicker. Not sure if I had a shed or what's going on. Nevertheless it certainly is discouraging and not what I expected from a 3200 graft op from a top clinic. That bring said I will still give it a full 15 months before making a final conclusion. The few good things, are, 1- my donor looks really good and can get another 4000 to 4500 grafts, 2- sl has been a constant support, 3- Dr bisanga has confirmed and re confirmed hat he will do whatever it takes to bring the result to where it should be. He will stand by his work 100 percent. When I saw him this past weekend in person he claims I have about 85 percent yield, but I'm not sure it is that. This kina really sucks, but not much I can do right now. What do u guys think.