24 yrs in the industry with Shapiro Medical, I just did my 1st H.T with FUE

Zup

My procedure was done last Thurs-Fri, approx. 2150FUs.

I was the guy even in grade school who always had a comb in my pocket making sure my hair was always in place.

I'll be happy to share my story.

Happy Holidays

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are pics put together that show Matt's hair loss before surgery- two sets of pics taken before surgery - one with normal length hair and right after shaving down to get ready for surgery. We kept it a little longer on top, something resembling a military style cut. The third set of pics are 1 day post ops.

Graft/Hair Total & breakdown: 2105gr/4472 hairs

1's - 416

2's - 1078

3's - 544

4's - 67

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Edited by Zup

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joe, Thanks for being the first to welcome me. All the very best. Matt

Squatch, It was exactly the comb I was envisioning.....however, they came even a little fancier, where the colors swirled together like a Lava Lamp.

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

It's been fun to watch Matt's healing progress - he's healing up well.

ASlide1.jpg

ASlide2.jpg

ASlide3.jpg

ASlide4.jpg

ASlide5.jpg

ASlide6.jpg

Wow, I can't believe how good you look 5 days out! I will be up the first week of March for more SMP and can't wait to see your progress.

This actually makes me feel much better about my upcoming FUE temple corner touch up ay SMG in May.

Great job!

Very nice. Looking forward to an update. Surprised you waited so long!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

I have known Matt for a number of years. I saw him in August when I was in for another round of SMP. I did not see this level of hair loss on him. He has always had great hair in my opinion. Janna's straight on photo is how I know Matt.

I can't wait to see how this grows in. Very excited for him!

Thanks everyone......

Staggerlee,

I had all three of the doctors' hands on me; I actually scheduled on days Dr. Paul Shapiro does surgery. Dr. Ron freed himself up to be there and our third doctor, Dr. Joe, did the extractions. If I would have only had one of the doctors I feel patients would have asked why I chose him and not the others. Even though I feel I am as picky as any patient I've catered to over the years, I was comfortable with the Shapiro Medical process, in regard to experienced skilled staff, our instrumentation and quality control, that Ron Shapiro has put in place.

Spanker,

Actually, years ago I wanted to do this procedure but Dr. Ron Shapiro and I decided it was best to wait. I had discovered a concealer fill-in powder that gave me everything I was looking for esthetically, was easy to put on and was weatherproof. I was very open and would tell all patients yet most would say, "Why? You have a full head of hair." Well, it was to create the appearance of a full head of hair. At that point I was content and decided to wait until I thinned more and the concealer wasn't working as well.

In my position as an educator, patients are always suspicious and I did not want to do a transplant as a ploy, just to say I had a hair transplant, when 98% of it was my own hair and there were a few follicular units sprinkled amongst it. I wanted to be thin enough to be able to document the level of improvement so patients themselves could see the level of change.

Also, in Minnesota Nov-Dec is really my only window. I am very active Spring through Fall; avid Road Biker and completive Ultimate Frisbee player, in fact this year our team was National Champs and won our 2nd Gold Metal in the last 3yrs.

Edited by Zup
gramar

Zup,

Interesting story. Thanks so much!

Your story sounds like mine. Five years ago I was looking for a temple corner revision due to further loss. (All of my previous HT procedures were with Dr. Jaffee in Minneapolis in the 90s.) As an aside, I live nowhere near MN.

I spend a month traveling the country speaking with the top HT doctors. The only HT MD in the US that suggested that I wait to see where my temple corners were going was Dr. Ron Shapiro. (Thanks Zup for your help scheduling that visit).

One thing that SMG does that has changed my life is SMP. I have traveled to SMG several time in the past year for SMP. I will be traveling to SMG again in May for a temple corner revision by Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Zup, I am excited for you. It will be great to see your progress!

Exactly one week post-op, Friday at work. Happy Holidays!!!!

Slide10.jpg.7248b47bf5aef8af8b3b2f36d9055b4e.jpg

Slide11.jpg.ce5fcdb0d6c0f2cdc88ec87bfd1796d9.jpg

Slide12.jpg.df2af8005c12752f9bd95ff10f0a2fa6.jpg

Slide1.jpg.699b067a76a41526a8ec45d53cedd5a8.jpg

Slide2.jpg.bf09ea6ca72727aedb87d14e9cf1bb47.jpg

Edited by Zup

Zap do you have any idea how younger, smart and cool the buzzcut make you look!!! Honestly mate a totally different person! Congrats on the hairline it looks awesome! Keep this hair short with this new hairline it suits you perfectly!!!

#47......

Thank You......"Young, smart and cool"......I will take that!

I don't mind..........the stealth look!!!!!

Happy Holidays

10 days Post-op, at work on Monday...

Most of our patients take off 7-10 days up to two weeks from work. Most of the redness should be gone and nothing should look surgical, having suitable hair style could be a bit longer, 2-4weeks.

Slide1.jpg.259dea725f9b39f55b38be1c3fda3893.jpg

Slide2.jpg.0d763e338c4cfc2884e859d1dd629be0.jpg

Slide4.jpg.c39808b303b095ccae60d77cb413aecf.jpg

Slide5.jpg.eb61db9ac8e274b33d8be829181005fc.jpg

Slide6.jpg.0b110cb54dd0391294924c959bcab58d.jpg

Edited by Zup

Zup,

Killer design! The work looks excellent as well. Excited to monitor your progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

FHT

Thanks for that.....it is actually is a design, because when all my hair was in tacked it was almost straight. And, that's all some seem to want or push for, I always liked a little recession, a bit of a V. It is adds character.

Regards

My procedure was done last Thurs-Fri, approx. 2150FUs.

Looks great.....but 2 days in chair to get 2150 grafts? Wow!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Shampoo

Thanks......but sense it is stated as a question regarding two todays.

If the clinic is going to give it to a patient it is only a benefit I would say. Most clinics would want to do two patients in two days. We are willing to provide two days to take our time. Many cases the second day is back up and we only do a 1/3 or a 1/4 of the work, but it allows us to take our time, not rush and refine on the 2nd day.

Shampoo I appreciate the question?

I can not see a disadvantage to the patient, maybe the clinic.

Edited by Zup
gramar

What concealer did you use?

I think waiting as a rep does make sense, like you said, to keep in realistic for patients. I chose to try to keep up with the loss as best I can. I love the grey that I'm getting so I'm coming to try to stay away from concealer but I may consider it. Luckily my meds are holding strong for now. Are you taking fin and for how long? How do you think you reacted to it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.