This patient recently stopped by the clinic to have Dr. Hasson take a look at his progress. He is in his early to mid 30's from Vancouver and was thinning in the front half with very little hair left in the crown. Had been taking Propecia prior to surgery and was hoping to address both the front and crown in one session.

Dr. Hasson used 5303 grafts to rebuild the frontal zone with adequate density and give as much coverage to the other areas as possible. The graft breakdown is as follows: (1522- 1's), (3389 -2's), (362 - 3-4's).

This result is about 14 months post-op. It is not uncommon for the crown to lag behind the front as far as the final result is concerned but in this case it came a little later than usual. Even at slightly over a year post-op, Dr. Hasson feels some maturing of the hair in the crown will continue over the next few months. The patient expressed his gratitude and commented the surgery has had a very positive effect on him and he is very pleased with his result.

31433_4649d4_2a990d.jpg

31441_29cf9c_c6e19d.jpg

31449_e804c3_e272ab.jpg

31453_f4a088_466622.jpg

31455_54fd8d_c0d2c4.jpg

31458_3eb948_09bc4f.jpg

31461_5c598c_070295.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

That's a nice result for just over 5k grafts esp that to cover all that crown area up also.

I should think the bulk of the grafts was sucked in by that crown.

I guess this guy is all set for the rest of his life aslong he sticks his Meds out.

Great work as norm from H&W.

Perfect result over top-crown area and I agree there is still a way to go over there.

This proves that FUT really gives good yields if the technique is flawless as clearly shown in immediate postop. pics.

Congratulations to the strip cutting nurses or technicians of HW for their technical expertise to obtain 5300 grafts from a FUT strip.

Garageland; What was the measurements for the FUT strip, length and width??

looks pretty good. needs another 1500 grafts in the crown area imo. I think the temples need to be addressed as well.

def a huge improvement tho.

If temporal hairline recedes with time, transplanted thick hairs over the temple area looks very unnatural. You can not distinguish that with the pictures, you need to see real patients outside.

Low hairline and temple hair transplant may result like a chimp face. If you do not believe me, look at the mirror. :rolleyes:

And consider H&W are doctors, graduated from medical faculty, surely they know much more about HT than you. Ask but do not give them (doctors) an advice. Keep your mind for yourself, you need it, they do not.

Remember Bill- Manager warned you many times ( I remember 2). Just ask and learn to become a HT professor.

Thanks to all for the comments. The patient has the option of returning to address areas of concern but at this stage will wait to see further improvements in his crown before doing so.

Fisherman- the length of the strip was 30cm, Dr Hasson takes a variable width of strip dependent on the laxity and requirement of the patient, it is also taken in sections at a time. Most patients tend to have better laxity at the sides of their scalp and becomes tighter through the mastoid area and looser again at the back of the scalp.

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Considering the area covered and the amount of Grafts this result is epic!

Kudos Dr H!!

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Fisherman- the length of the strip was 30cm, Dr Hasson takes a variable width of strip dependent on the laxity and requirement of the patient, it is also taken in sections at a time. Most patients tend to have better laxity at the sides of their scalp and becomes tighter through the mastoid area and looser again at the back of the scalp.

Good, assuming at most 1,5cm width on the sides, 2,5cm width on the back, we can conclude that strip is 30*2=60cm2., gives 5300 grafts

Given the number of grafts you stated, I calculated 9500 hair in 5300 grafts. 9500/60=158 hair per cm2

This is possible with patients with a very high quality/high density donor area. In this respect, this patient is a perfect candidate for HT. The thickness of his hair also helps the results to look even better. Extraordinary case..

My point is, taking 5300grafts out of 60 cm2 strip means there was no loss/waste of hair at all during cutting process. This proves Dr. Wong and his team's quality and technique.

This is why HT is a team effort and it all depends on the capacity, capability and experience of the team. All the glories and critics are attributed to the doctor in this forum, the name of the doctor is praised or decried. The technicians and nurses deserve credit, too. As a person who knows Wong's team, what do you think?

PS. I assume the strip cut is done by technicians, Dr. Wong doesn't do this part right ?

It is the Doctors name people will refer to but it is a team effort. When I follow up with patients who have just had surgery they nearly always say how hard the technicians work. The technicians will cut and dissect the strip and place the grafts it is a very labour intensive part of the surgery and both Dr Hasson and Dr Wong have a team of 10-11 staff each Doctor doing this. This can involve long hours on a daily basis. A good tech is worth their weight in gold.

Many of these techs have been with the Doctors for a long time and deserve a huge amount of credit they may be unsung heroes on the forums but they are appreciated by the clinic and Doctors they work for or certainly should be.

---