Anyone had Necrosis like mine ??

Well if u see my blog you will notice a little problem on my grafted area ! my surgeon is really good and helpful in everyway so i guess it was just my bad luck ! (not a smoker or have any medical history)

i just wanted to ask if anyone else here experienced this and did grafted hair survived ?? and what will happen next here ??

i have complete faith in my surgeon but still its good to know from someone who also experienced this ??

THanks icon_smile.gif

well that necrotic thing came off !! Phew .. that was a relief !!

but the slough was still there even after i took a bath .. lets see in coming days if it heals and some other problem develops ..

but yea ur right ill make an appointment with my doctor on Monday and lets see what he has to say ..

just when i thought everything is gonna be all better now ....

... the crust(scab) came back ... and the slough is still oozing out ... i took a shower thinking it will wash off but it started bleeding .. and this white crust came back ...

my doc says its ok

any suggestions ?? im not even excited about it anymore ...

crust.JPG.5bdb1652f930dddf4854f39261d1d7fe.JPG

You might need a round of antibiotics to cure that mate...I would also prepare mentally for the hair in that area to be compromised and not grow.

Not saying it won't grow, but after seeing your recipient area, you should consider it as a possibility. You might get lucky and everything grows out...but describing your condition as normal is rather odd.

I personally would not wait and I would see a doctor immediately.

Heal Well Friend,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Mr.NK,

Don't worry,you would be alright soon and will certainly have a perfect HT.

Bill,

I believe that input of Dr.Humayun Mohamand explaning the reasons for such occurences would educate our forum members. Specifically, if he explains what are the causes and how such things can be avoided.

Dear Friends

I was told about this thread by one of my office worker.

Generally, the reason for necrosis is only one thing, insufficient blood flow to the most middle part of the recepient area. Main cause is smoking but as he is not a smoker, that certainly is not the case.

Second cause is dense packing, but I am usually not a person who is dense packer so most probably that should not be a cause.

Third is when we use epinephrine and tumucent technique, this epinephrine that tends to reduce the blood flow last longer than it should, ever one respond differently but this is a very remote reason.

Anyway, irrespective of the cause, which in this case I am not sure of, the treatment of necrosis is simple supportive. and it is treated conservatively and usually it takes about 6 weeks to heal, i am not sure why it has taken so long. Some times there are certain issues of healing or may be rubbing off the scab, so new is formed.

I think the best thing would be to see a doctor just for the sake of why its taking so long, but the picture does not show any evidence of infection, so no need of any anti biotic.

this area will be devoid of hairs but then usually i do cover it up complimentary.

By the looks of this scab, I am not worried at all. just that it has taken so long make me wonder why taking so long.

I am sure if that will also answer why it happen in the first place as well.

but I am there for the patient as always.

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I agree Dr. M....I was simply worried that he had not seen a doctor in person to check this out and that if left untreated with a round of anti-biotic it could develop into something worse.

I am sure he will have an excellent result, but he should be mindful of some potential for poor growth, which can happen in these types of situations. I am certain he will be fine in your hands.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

i personally saw dr humayun yesterday to get my scab checked and just to hear the words 'perfectly fine' was good enough to make me feel much much better !!

he was kind enough to see me on short notice and im just praying this gets healed this time !!

im not touching or scratching it but it comes off every sixth or seventh day during a normal shower ..

ill update my pics after 3 days !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone !

Its been almost a month since i updated my pics and now i am uploading a mini collage of my necrosis !

Ive been visiting my surgeon regularly and he is kind enough to give me 20-30 min briefing every time i visit ! He is saying that by the end of this month this will completely heal !

i hope this post brings some knowledge,suggestions and benefits to many in future !

journey.thumb.JPG.62b9a0adcf34bde6b98b2b46494b7cb8.JPG

Glad to hear your head is healing slowly but surely. By the way has the Dr managed to determine the reason for this case of Necrosis?

Do you think this cause of this could be down to the "H" factor (human error or neglect)?

well so far there are only assumptions what could be the reason but i guess this is something which can potentially happen to anyone ..

im understanding now that any sort of surgery can lead to poor circulation resulting in necrosis !

im just concerned now about its healing .. its just taking too long now ..

another interesting thing ive noticed is a big dent ... attaching a picture ... :/

the_big_dent.JPG.51820519eeb3ab3c1c7585c78fffa416.JPG