This patient is a 55-year-old gentleman who had 2 transplants with us over a 2-year timespan for a total of 5074 grafts to the frontal and midscalp zones. He is frequently on the forums with the username of Biz. When we met over 2 years ago, we had lengthy discussions about the eventual outcome as his hair is thin and he had extensive hair loss as a NW 6/7. At the initial meeting, I was optimistic he would have a nice result, but I cautioned him that the result would be “thin” based on the amount of scalp that would need to be covered and his hair characteristics.

He recently send me some updated photographs 8 months after his last transplant which demonstrate very nice frontal and midscalp growth and coverage given his hair characteristics. He has grown his hair out which really adds to the overall look of fullness. I have not seen him since the last transplant as he does not live in the Portland area so the “after” photos were taken elsewhere hence the different backgrounds. When I received the updated photographs, I was so thrilled with how his results have transpired as they certainly have exceeded what I promised in that first consultation with him and I. Since he is only 8 months following his second transplant, we will update this post at his 1-year and 2-year timeframes.

frontalhtn_zpsc143cd92.jpg

frontaldown_zpsd27e3edb.jpg

Left_zps2945fcc4.jpg

Right_zpsdf7d6a98.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Looks very good with the limited photos. I bet he looks 10+ years younger with his face in the frame as well. His before pic is how I would have looked in 10 years from now. I bet he is thrilled with his choice and wishes he had done it 10 years ago.

Edited by hadenough2014

Hello, did the patient send crown photos?

Biz does have a website with more photos. He helped me make a decision on my HT from some of the pictures. This is why I'm trying to get some photos up to help other researchers.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Very nice transformation!

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Looks like excellent coverage has been achieved here. Very natural also.

Well done all.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.