beard transplant help

cabbie

Hi all,

I am a new member here, so I apoligize in advance if I am doing something incorrect or am asking questions that have been repeatedly asked by other members. I spent some time searching the forums and have had some difficulty navigating to find info related to my questions. I am very interested in having a beard transplant done by taking scalp hair and using it to fill in my patchy beard. I was originally going to see Dr. Epstein, however, some negative reviews on the forum have made me hesitant to say the least. There is also a surgeon named Dr. Asaria in Toronto, Canada I have contacted however I have not seen any photos of his work. If some of you could provide me with a fairly short list of doctors that perform this procedure, and who also come highly recommended on this site I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks so much.

P.S. I live in Manitoba, Canada.

If your are willing to go to Oregon, Dr. Gabel is known to do good work on beards. He did my HT procedure. He was telling me that they are getting rather popular right now. Really nice guy to work with. Click on the CNN banner at the bottom of his homepage. It has a article about it.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Hi Cabbie, why don't you share some photos of your beard as it currently is?

Some beard transplant results look good but to be honest I think most people look better shaved anyway - perhaps consider whether that would be a better solution to the problem of your patchy beard.

thanks squatch for the recommendation, ill definitely check him out. And jlondon, I appreciate your point of view however I am quite certain that this procedure is the right decision for me. Does anyone have surgeons they would recommend? Thanks.