Discussing Highlights from the 2014 ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Malaysia

Each year the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) holds its annual scientific meeting to discuss hair loss and advancements in medical and surgical hair restoration. This year, the ISHRS meeting was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

As always, we interviewed a number of recommended physicians in order to provide our members with their input on the meeting. These highlights have been presented on our popular Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

To learn what's new in hair restoration from expert hair transplant surgeons, see "Highlights from the 2014 ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Scientific Meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia"

Topics discussed include; FUE-based Body Hair Transplantation (BHT; an overview of “treading the FUE path” – or FUE pearls and pitfalls; beard hair FUE (a specific type of Body Hair Transplantation); the role of the dull punch in Follicular Unit Extraction; the challenges of performing FUE in African American patients; the latest updates on the ARTAS FUE robot and the difference between different Low Level Laser Therapy devices.

Physicians directly contributing to this article are:

Dr. Robert Bernstein

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Dr. Timothy Carman

Dr. Jerry Cooley

Dr. James Harris

Dr. Sharon Keene

Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich

Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Robert True

Dr. Sanusi Umar

We hope you enjoy reading about these interesting developments.

All the best,

Pat, Bill, Dave and Blake

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks mate!!

Now I will have a good read on the plane!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Like each and every year, there were many interesting topics discussed at this year's 2014 ISHRS meeting. I'm curious to hear what members think about the various topics that were discussed in the article.

It's definitely interesting to see how much more prominent FUE has become. Kudos to the dedicated surgeons who continue to advance the field of hair restoration and to the patients who continually demand only the best results.

Best wishes,

Bill

macmillandictionary : Top-rated; very popular (Tv show), top-rated star

Dr. Top Rated 1 was awarded the Platinum Follicle Award

According to Dr. Top Rated 2........

Dr. Top Rated 3, on the other hand, believes........

Dr. Top Rated 4 believes and according to him.......

Then ordinary people believe........... as they were leaded by .......... ; and according to the belief of ordinary people.............. ; ; anyway, thank God, their opinion should not be considered as a (medical) advice).......

"Convictions (synonym of belief) are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.” ... Friedrich Nietzsche,