How good "Jose Lorenzo" student can be?

aleckzer

I live in Brazil.

After contacting Jose Lorenzo via email got this answer:

"Estimado Sr. Le remitimos a nuestra clinica de Buenos Aires."

means "Dear Mr. We refer to our clinic in Buenos Aires."

Since Buenos Aires in Argentina it's far closer then Spain...

Doing my homework here about Doctor Alejandro Chueco in Argentina, just got this Thread:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/142985-help-hair-transplant-2-days-dont-know-what-do.html

He work in the same name company Jose Lorenzo.

Lorenzo: (link removed by moderator)

Chueco: (link removed by moderator)

Want Fue technic and very pleased about the use of "Lion Implanters".

My case it's kinda simple, just like:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/images/vid-tn-men.jpg - sides stage 2/3 no vertex and good density in the front.

A) Chueco would charge me 5.000 usd for 1.800 FUE's.

Trip would cost me 600 usd - 5.600 total

B) Lorenzo would cost me almost double.

Question: if you were in my place... And could afford both.

Where would you go? A, B, or maybe you have a C one?

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

Hi Alec,

Lorenzo works with robots, he can do your operation in Buenos Aires, when he is in Madrid using robotic devices. He may operate them with remote control from the base maintenance in Madrid.:)

OK, just joke, but students might be as effective as him, especially if they are younger, with ageing, some eye problems begin as you know. But you should check their experience before you leave your head on their hands. Try to find a hair loss sufferers who had some experience with them.

But, it seems Lorenzo try to establish a branched HT business system like Boshey (sorry not sure this name , I meant a branched HT system in America), all we know it works well indeed.:rolleyes:

fisher4man

I will give Chueco a visit.

Also, ask Lorenzo a difficult question, hope he answer soon:

"What difference, even minimal, would I have from you then Chueco?"

Will also ask Chueco's clinic if there is a chance Lorenzo come to Argentina, since they are both from the same company.

wibbles180

Can't see why not. But since you're in Argentina, wouldnt be better go Lorenzo?

My mistake:

Lorenzo would cost me 14500usd total trip+HT

Chueco - 6.500usd

tomorrow will check Lorenzo availability.

Chueco it's available for immediate cirurgy.

Hi mate , the big advantage for me to travel would be the costs , for approx 2000 grafts it would cost me €10000 - ?8000 in Madrid with dr lorenzo or $5000-?3000 in Argentina ? With dr chueco ? Would you please let me know your reply from dr lorenzo when you get in touch with him ?

Thank you

Just got Lorenzo opinion about Dr. Chueco:

"El Dr. Chueco es compa?ero, colega y gran profesional con el cual colaboro hace m?s de 20 a?os. Seguimos los mismos protocolos quir?rgicos y su equipo quir?rgico trabaja tanto en Espa?a como Buenos Aires. El ?xito de una cirug?a capilar se mide por la supervivencia de las unidades foliculares, la naturalidad, la cobertura y la conservaci?n o buen trato de la zona donante. Son preceptos que seguimos con rigurosidad en ambas cl?nicas dado que ambas funcionan como equipo. Puede ver numerosos casos de resultados nuestros en los foros y en los videos.

Atentamente."

Lorenzo 10.000 Euros for 2k Fues + Trip

Chueco 5.200USD for 2k Fues + Trip.

Based on Lorenzo answer, I'm booking Argentina flights and Hotel for next week. Will let you know next steps.

Hello Aleckzer.

I would ask yourself plenty more questions than the ones you have stated.

Why is it that you can get straight in with dr chueco ?

Have you seen plenty of his results?

Have you not looked at dr's with proven results within your budget range closer to you than Spain but further afield than Argentina ?

Thats just a few

Its the final result that matters and if you gather enough information that dr chueco is achieving good consistent results then go with him if your happy to but if you dont see the results your looking for go elsewhere.

If you dont have budget restraints there are absolutely loads of first class dr's with proven track records you should be looking at.

Whatever you decide i wish you all the best with it

Got this answer from Lorenzo today:

"Dr. Chueco is a friend, and great professional colleague I've worked with for 20 years. We follow the same surgical protocol and his surgical team work in Spain and Buenos Aires. A successful hair transplant is measured by survival of follicular units, naturally, density and conservation or good treatment of the donor site. They are rules that we follow rigorously at both clinics since both work as a team. You can see numerous cases of our results in the forums and in the videos.

Best regards."

His opinion just made me book the hole trip.

Going next 25th nov.

Maybe this would be a great alternative for those south/center americans or for those who want a top professional HT school system for less budget.

Anyway... I'm just going for a consult.

Some Chueco's video: Videos ‹ Injerto Capilar Argentina

Comparing result with Lorenzo... What do you guys think?

Waiting moderator let me free here to attach my pictures!

Looking at some of the videos he does seem to have some good results but its not whether me or anyone else thinks he has its your choice in the end.

So it is just for the consultation you are going and if you are satisfied you will proceed with the procedure?

Whatever you decide the best of luck to you

Have a nice day

Some Chueco's video: Videos ‹ Injerto Capilar Argentina

Comparing result with Lorenzo... What do you guys think?

To me (based on a quick glance), Dr. Chueco's work looks very similar to Dr. Lorenzo's, and most look very good. A couple of the posted results look a bit sparse, but that might be because those particular patients had not yet had a second session to enhance density. As you probably know, patients of Dr. Lorenzo who require more than, say, 2,500 - 2,900 grafts for a top notch result undergo 2 FUE sessions, separated by approximately 8 months.

Let us know your impressions following your consult. Good luck!

Thanks 1966kph and PupDaddy.

My choice, in the end, will be affect on world experienced hair loss sufferers. That's why appreciate any comments, rather then surgeons who are sellers (anyways).

I've been studying HT for years and HTN forum for months. Visited TOP physicians in Brazil. I would risk to say they are far professional then world top listed surgeons.

I wouldn't recomend ANYone to visit my country for HT at all, for ANY price! Dont waste ur $$ and time, belive you in me!

Here (Conselho federal de medicina) - (organization who fiscalize all medicine science) don't let any professional to post online/offline pictures from patients (before/after). For me as a lawayer, that's total ridiculous. Once patient allow his publicity, would be ok to prove for everyone if that surgeon is good or not. So here, if you want to find a good physician you got pay great amount of *reais*/dolars, visiting, in person, one by one. That's the only way the (shall) show you some before/after pictures. TRUELY SAD!

There goes attached my pictures.

Chueco told 1.600fues for redline and 1.800 for the blackone.

I'll ask him to try 2.000fues to get somewhe in the midle lines. My goal it's to have a longhair so I'm worried about density then the hairline.

Although I speak good english, writing it's not one of my best skills!

original.jpg.0c22095973c4a4825d572f736e3f4b67.jpg

02.jpg.b0dcef8e179f72cfd73f9a6f845cc174.jpg

KO,

I'll investigate his work further. We're always looking for new good physicians. If Dr. Chueco's work is "up to par," we will turn the decision over to the community and see what happens!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

KO,

I'll investigate his work further. We're always looking for new good physicians. If Dr. Chueco's work is "up to par," we will turn the decision over to the community and see what happens!

Sounds good, it would be great to add another quality FUE surgeon to the ranks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from Argentina.

Every single penny worth the trip!

Chueco it's not a Lorenzo student, but his class mate.

I definitely recomend everyone to visit him in Argentina. He's not just a great surgeon but a great person!

I'll make my decision about the cirurgy date soon, and will let you know.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...