3972 FUT with Dr. Gabel

Squatch

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good!!! I've got one month out of the way. Sunnycool, thanks for the thread. I can defiantly see the framing and use of temple points. I've been growing by beard out and it sorta does the same thing.

Man am I ready to ditch the hat!!!!

Looking good!!! I've got one month out of the way. Sunnycool, thanks for the thread. I can defiantly see the framing and use of temple points. I've been growing by beard out and it sorta does the same thing.

Man am I ready to ditch the hat!!!!

I finally don't have to have a hat within arm reach at all times.:D

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Hairline is really taking shape now Squatch and the improvement is clear to see already. Nice to hear that the hat gets some days off now.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Well on your way and you can tell this will grow 100%.

Be wary about getting hooked on the concealers. They are like crack cocaine!

I used them early on too but in many ways they still restrict your life, e.g. you can't go to the gym on lunch breaks without carrying a bottle...you worry about the rain...

It is quite liberating to give them up. A bit of thinness here or there is actually quite distinguished.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Be wary about getting hooked on the concealers. They are like crack cocaine!

It is quite liberating to give them up. A bit of thinness here or there is actually quite distinguished.

My name is "Squatch".....I am a addict! Do you have a concealer abuse treatment program you recommend? :D Just getting by the ugly phase. Thanks for the reply.61865_zps5e2e9ca1.gif

Edited by Squatch

My name is "Loki" and I am a conceal-a-holic.... They had to cut some of my hair from crown to just behind hairline for my procedure (just 1 month ago)... Somehow on Saturday I was able to pull of a full head of hair with some toppix.... When my hair and transplants grow in I hope I don't need it but I still see myself dusting some on the crown or just on top to thicken some.... But you are right, they are addicting.....

Coming along nicely! Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

ca92d6b4-e6aa-40ec-9758-c09557695457_zpsem8psr36.jpg

Thanks guys! I figured I throw up a pic at 4.5 months. Done with hats. I had a couple ladies say "nice haircut". One lady said more modern like your son's hair. Been a long time since I heard that.:D

Edited by Squatch

Looking good!

Noticeable improvement from last month's pic.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 2 weeks later...

It's looking real good Squatch. You are right on track for an outstanding result. In the next couple of months you should really see it thicken up. You are at the best part of your procedure to see the most growth. Congrats!!:D

Thanks guys! Very happy so far. Front hairline grew like a weed. The hair behind is a bit slower. I'm having episode of ingrown hairs that recently picked up again. Maybe more hairs sprouting?:rolleyes: Will post five month shots in a few days.

6eb07493-eb0e-490d-b219-974bf2c9fcf9_zpslcnbnkhc.jpg

3731c0d7-e575-4a9d-b12a-c6b37ad2f7b0_zps9v1cbyos.jpg

20150402-20150402-DSC_0020_zpszs0tmzvx.jpg

Here are some pics at 5 months. The front grew quick. The rear needs some length to overlap and conceal better. I think another month will help. I'm relying on some existing hair to help do that. A little dusting of concealer hides well on sunny days. All my pictures are taken under high light with no flash.

I included some wet hair shots, top shot and my photo lighting set up below.

20150402-20150402-DSC_0003.jpg.c36dfc060811007a44672f30bc645df3.jpg

20150402-20150402-DSC_0010.jpg.4444b16276037afd5423096d55463794.jpg

20150402-20150402-DSC_0032_zpsvmc0dcfw.jpg.7d2bfd69ccf19328ecd119e81b916151.jpg

f3c6dfd2-f453-417e-a1bb-160701e49974_zpsdh5ghpas.jpg.cde493d896e87edd9a77f4f49c0261df.jpg

Edited by Squatch

Nice !!!!! Coming along very nicely.

I like the hairline design which will give you trendy & modern hairstyle. It's already getting mature & thick around hairline area.

I assume you haven't applied any concealer while taking pics :D I always ask this) ... If that's the case your crown isn't looking bad at all. It's looking better than mine for sure. Also it's going to get better from here on. Crown is a beast man... takes forever to improve it seems.

Overall I see lots of improvement. You must be delighted with the results so far.

Nice !!!!! Coming along very nicely.

I like the hairline design which will give you trendy & modern hairstyle. It's already getting mature & thick around hairline area.

I assume you haven't applied any concealer while taking pics :D I always ask this) ... If that's the case your crown isn't looking bad at all. It's looking better than mine for sure. Also it's going to get better from here on. Crown is a beast man... takes forever to improve it seems.

Overall I see lots of improvement. You must be delighted with the results so far.

No concealer. I thought you had nice progression in your crown area. Either way we made it through the first hurdle. First four months of the ugly phase.:eek:

No concealer. I thought you had nice progression in your crown area. Either way we made it through the first hurdle. First four months of the ugly phase.:eek:

My crown isn't very bad. I don't care too much abt that right now as it's not noticeably thin. Not lots of grafts were used in crown during the procedure. I hope propercia will do some magic in next 6 months or so however so far I havent seen huge progress.