3972 FUT with Dr. Gabel

Squatch

well on the toppik and Hairmax .... can anyone pls tell me if it is O.K to use the hair spray with the Fibres ... at about 3 months after a Hair Transplant ? don't u think the fibres and esp. the Hair Spray will Damage the "Future" Growth of the Grafts as they are still beneath the skin ?????
Well if your referring to me. I just put it on before I took a shower to see what my future hair may look like. Like I stated in my post "Just for kicks".;) I have never used it post op. I may at some point in the distant future. It would be interesting what the a professional's opinion on the matter is.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Toppix you can use very soon after procedure... Once the skin has healed... I asked directly if it can hurt growth and it doesn't... Seems hair is pretty resilient to everything except DHT... I was advised just to wash it out before I went to bed...

I am just at day 15 so I haven't used any yet and a had to shave some of the recipient so I don't have much to cling to... But once you get a base or infrastructure to work with it's pretty amazing and addicting.... As Dr. Shapiro told me it actually makes the hairline unnaturally thick..

I'm hoping in six months I don't need it anymore....

On the Toppix you can use very soon after procedure... Once the skin has healed... I asked directly if it can hurt growth and it doesn't... Seems hair is pretty resilient to everything except DHT... I was advised just to wash it out before I went to bed...

I am just at day 15 so I haven't used any yet and a had to shave some of the recipient so I don't have much to cling to... But once you get a base or infrastructure to work with it's pretty amazing and addicting.... As Dr. Shapiro told me it actually makes the hairline unnaturally thick..

I'm hoping in six months I don't need it anymore....

I see using it in my very near future.;)

I see using it in my very near future.;)

I know I will too... It's addicting and really is undetectable if you don't go overboard.... I am using the Dermmatch that I bought at SMG to fill in little spots on my beard...

I see lots of new growth happening there. You have great temple points - will re-frame your face nicely when growth matures!

I see a lot of comments regarding temple points... Out curiosity what is this in reference to... I assume it's the hair on the sides of the face below temples but aesthetically what are the thoughts on men with or without them and value of rebuilding them....

Yes, those are the hair points that stick out a little bit toward the eyebrows on the side of the head. I personally think temple points give a younger appearance and help the temple corners from being too much of a 90-degree angle transitioning from the top to the sides, which can tip off that a HT has been done. Have to be careful though, as poorly done temple points can look fake and thus doubly-defeating the purpose (actually could make a HT more obvious). They need to be very subtle and not result in being too thick.

That's why it is always better if the patient has retained his natural points, such as Squatch. They help enhance the naturalness of a completed HT.

Yes, those are the hair points that stick out a little bit toward the eyebrows on the side of the head. I personally think temple points give a younger appearance and help the temple corners from being too much of a 90-degree angle transitioning from the top to the sides, which can tip off that a HT has been done. Have to be careful though, as poorly done temple points can look fake and thus doubly-defeating the purpose (actually could make a HT more obvious). They need to be very subtle and not result in being too thick.

That's why it is always better if the patient has retained his natural points, such as Squatch. They help enhance the naturalness of a completed HT.

Ok, thanks for the response... I have them mine are just going grey... I have heard people talk about them and even one time I heard a guy say "look at that guys thick hair on top but no temporal points, I bet he's had a hair transplant"...

I wonder if they a susceptible to DHT?

I completely agree with what hadenough said here; temple points are very important. Look at some of the good cases of temple point restoration (one of the references would be matt1978’s case) ...the difference in how the face is framed is substantial. Addition of nicely done temples makes unbelievable difference. During my procedure I planned for 4500 grafts as I wanted to use 300 (approx) for fixing temple points. We could get only 4023 grafts so I had to give up on this idea which was disappointing. I would like to get this done during my second procedure; Dr Shapiro also suggested the same thing. There are only few surgeons in my opinion who are really good at creating/fixing temple points.

I wonder how many grafts are required to create or to fix temple points. It depends on case to case but is there a range at least?

20150223-20150223-DSC_0015_zpslmsnfjnf.jpg

0d17e300-52dd-42ba-815d-772985ef7c93_zpsnimfptrh.jpg

20150223-20150223-DSC_0023_zpslytd0gtp.jpg

I went and got a haircut today. My wife said I was looking like a clown with all the side hair. It seemed to clean everything up. Will get better shots in a week when I hit four months.

Looks amazing dude. If & when you get a chance, please take one top view as well. This is looking very promising.

This gives me lots of confidence to me to go for a haircut :-)

Nobody could detect scar at all. What size are you keeping from the back?

Edited by SunnyCool3

Looks great.... And the second pic really shows the temple points and the aesthetic benefits... Never really thought about it but now that it has been explained and I see it makes perfect sense... Thanks for sharing!

Looks amazing dude. If & when you get a chance, please take one top view as well. This is looking very promising.

This gives me lots of confidence to me to go for a haircut :-)

Nobody could detect scar at all. What size are you keeping from the back?

Thanks guys! She cut it with scissors. I believe it looks like about a 4. The stylist was very excited to hear all about it.:D First one she knows of she has done.;) I put two photos up for you. First with Toppik and the second without for comparison. The other three were without.

5b32e4aa2cfac_dbl(2).jpg.f9cefe07b0f89bac2e3aba1211be253b.jpg

Thanks guys! She cut it with scissors. I believe it looks like about a 4. The stylist was very excited to hear all about it.:D First one she knows of she has done.;) I put two photos up for you. First with Toppik and the second without for comparison. The other three were without.

They both look good... The Toppix is not detectable at all...

They both look good... The Toppix is not detectable at all...

Ya concealers these days are awesome. Just a light dusting really make it fill in and is undetectable. I'm anal about not showing the concealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few pics at four months. Basically the same as the above shots. I seem to on schedule. Still getting some ingrown hairs once in a while.:confused: Everything else is back to normal. A little concealer and I go hat-less now.;) Just a light dusting makes a huge difference at this point. No see thru scalp.

5b32e4e61f34c_20150303-20150303-DSC_0024(2).jpg.0274573a7dc7bbd7d42d8cffc86f23f0.jpg

5b32e4e631c7e_20150303-20150303-DSC_0022(2).jpg.762a08e0332e22b6297babd135640570.jpg

20150303-20150303-DSC_0027.jpg.ef8f0f7590ede468d085158c2c6b296e.jpg