strip vs FUE

asking for a few opinions on this one...

have had 4 surgeries, opting for one more for the crown( down to the last one for harvesting )

i went to one consultation ( with a sales rep, not the doctor ), he recommended FUE as he said another strip wouldnt yeild that many grafts

another doctor i went to said 1000 from a strip would be no problem, and why would i have gotten FUE with a strip scar already, shaving the head would be a long recovery ( which makes more sense to me )

as the price for FUE is double, in your expert opinions which option would you take????

is sales man being told to push FUE as its a much higher price??

thanks in advance guys

Hey mate, as said pics will be a great help. Four other surgeries, love to known the graft numbers on that if possible.

Cheers

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Trapps,

It is difficult to say why the consultant recommended fue over strip considering you have a donor scar already but it could be for a number of reasons. You may have limited laxity left in order to take out your old scar and harvest the number of grafts you need. You have have been prone to poor healing.

It is very tough for a previous strip patient to have fue and shave down the entire donor region for a small session of 1000 grafts but that maybe your only option.

Did you return to the clinic that did your last strip session? Or is this somewhere new?

I would get a few more opinions if you are unsure.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

After 3 FUT's I was told by my original HT surgeon that my donor supply was depleted and at best would only yield 500 grafts from another strip which would fall way short of covering the thinned out hair line, top and crown, now that my native hair had nearly completely shed. A conservative approach of 1500 FUE grafts to the frontal 1/2 along with 300 beard grafts into the linear scar resulted in significant improvement. The shave down was not too bad as the thin 1.5" of hair that I had on top was left un-buzzed. I waited 2 weeks before going in for a trim to blend the top and sides and within 2 months I had returned to my pre-op appearance. Now at 8 months out I am looking at a second procedure of 1500+ more grafts to the back and perhaps 50-100 singles to the hairline? I am anxious to hear what Dr. Lorenzo suggests and will post his pictures after I get back from Madrid.