Recipient area: scars from incisions?

Sorry if already asked...

Can you get scars in the recipient area from the incisions when they plant the grafts?

I know there's tiny scars in the back due to the extraction with FUE. I was wondering if the same principle applies when the grafts are inserted.

Sorry if already asked...

Can you get scars in the recipient area from the incisions when they plant the grafts?

I know there's tiny scars in the back due to the extraction with FUE. I was wondering if the same principle applies when the grafts are inserted.

Yes it's possible however unlikely especially if the surgeon uses the least of invasive instruments, like blades for example, to create the coronal incisions.

Some docs may choose to use needles to create recipient incisions. Some use a combination of both instruments depending on the variance of graft sizes.

The key is that the size of the corresponding recipient incisions accommodate the peripheral sizes of the grafts that are placed within them. If the incision site is too large, there can potentially be some pitting at the base of the implanted graft when it heals. Sometimes that can be slightly noticeable.

And of course if you are a good healer, that makes a difference as well...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY