Vinci Hair Clinic London

benji2014

Hi all,

I'm new to the site so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I've been thinking about getting a transplant for a few years now. I have previously used Minoxidil and Propecia from the Belgravia Centre and the results were decent but I am never going to regain my hairline using those, which is what I am hoping to get from a transplant. I am currently still taking Propecia and have been for around 2 years

I have had a consultation with the Vinci Hair Clinic in London and they quoted me ?5000 for a one day FUT procedure with Dr Flaviu Sebastian. The consultant I spoke with said they would be hopeful of harvesting around 2,500 grafts

I have looked through these forums but can't find much information about Vinci and absolutely nothing about Dr Flaviu Sebastian. Through all of my research about hair transplants the one piece of advice that is consistent (there's a lot out there that isn't) is to pick an experienced, trusted surgeon. The last thing I want is to spend the money and then bankrupt myself paying for another surgeon to put it right

So, I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone have any experience of Vinci Hair Clinic and/or Dr Flaviu Sebastian?

2) Does ?5,000 for a large FUT procedure sound about right?

3) What protection do I have should something go wrong?

I have attached a few pics of my hairline as well. Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks

Ben

Pic1.jpg.2af8abd1eec55aaf202560e0de9853fb.jpg

5b32e24e45d43_Pic2.jpg.8a8f1ce93cb4f7d7971b0b917145a4dd.jpg

5b32e24e56c9e_pic3.jpg.bbe0bd6fff0a79082114c203a6a60733.jpg

benji2014,

I would avoid the Vinci hair clinic in the UK.

There are much better clinics on here. Read across the forums, educate yourself and have several consultations with different doctors.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I would take the train over to Belgium and consult with Feriduni or Bisanga if I were you. Best of luck!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Stop right there mate , just stop . Not being rude but i think you need to do your homework on here , first place to look is the list of approved Dr's on here .....speak to guys like Spex and Garageland ..

Just my own view but the only UK clinic i would ever consider is Farjo .

Research , research research!

Stop right there mate , just stop . Not being rude but i think you need to do your homework on here , first place to look is the list of approved Dr's on here .....speak to guys like Spex and Garageland ..

Just my own view but the only UK clinic i would ever consider is Farjo .

Research , research research!

Not being rude but me asking this question IS research. I'm asking for anyone's experience with this clinic and surgeon as there isn't anything currently on this forum about them

To be fair, nobody has offered anything concrete for/against Vinci and/or the surgeon so far. Having said that, the fact that I am struggling to find anything at all about either seems strange and therefore doesn't really fill me with confidence.

Is it normal practice for a clinic to have you only meet with a consultant? I met with a guy and he recommended the FUT etc but said I wouldn't need to meet the surgeon until the day of the surgery which would be when he would discuss my requirements with me. I previously had a consultation with another clinic that insisted on a meeting with the actual surgeon first (although it was chargeable but deductable from the cost of the procedure)

If there is anyone who has had a transplant at a similar stage of hair loss to me I would really appreciate their advice

Cheers

Ben

It's possible they may be ok but why take the risk?

Seen lots of people come on here after going to "Anyoldclinic" and being saddled with poor FUT scars, mickey mouse growth and no refund.

Do what you like but remember; you DON'T want to get this wrong. Nothing worse than having a botched result after waiting a year then having to get a repair done at extra cost and having to wait ANOTHER year for it to grow in.

I appreciate the participation here but so far nobody has offered anything other than warning me away from a clinic and surgeon that they know nothing about.

That's not to say I am convinced by them or that I'm going ahead with it, and I also appreciate the concern, but I'm looking for advice based on actual experience

If anyone has any adviced based on an actual experience then your comments would be appreciated

Thanks all

Ben

I appreciate the participation here but so far nobody has offered anything other than warning me away from a clinic and surgeon that they know nothing about.

That's not to say I am convinced by them or that I'm going ahead with it, and I also appreciate the concern, but I'm looking for advice based on actual experience

If anyone has any adviced based on an actual experience then your comments would be appreciated

Thanks all

Ben

Well hang on a sec. If you rocked up here asking about Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Reddy or something, then people would have something to say based on having had actual experience.

This Vinci clinic may be very good but chances are, if they're not recognised by people here, that should tell you something.

If you want opinions based on actual experience and you can't find any on here then go ask on other forums or search Google. Alternatively go with Vinci and discuss your options with a surgeon who's inaccessible to you until the day of your procedure.

I dunno . . .you try and help people

• 5 months later...

I’d be interested to know if anybody has any experience with this surgeon?

I’m in need of a hairline repair for an FUE I had abroad a few years ago :(

I’ve had a consultation with the clinic, and they recommend a very small FUE to cherry pick the finest single hairs from my donor. They talked about doing a low density irregular hairline for naturalness. Mines really straight and harsh from my previous transplant abroad.

I noticed he did the beard transplant on channel 4 a little while ago. Still interested to hear if anybody has any direct experience with this surgeon?

A good mate of mine had FUT with him last year - he’s had a great result to be fair. Was telling him to travel like I did, but he was adamant to stay in the uk for surgery

Just watched that vinci beard thing on vimeo - interesting! I didn’t even realise beard was a problem for some - I know which one i’d rather be short on between hair vs beard haha :D

• 3 months later...

WARNING! AVOID!

your satisfaction is not their goal. taking your money and screwing you over is their goal.

Im an orthopedic dr, so I know what im talking about

i had a procedure 1yr ago. they told me everything i wanted to hair. Ideal candidate, 9000 hairs, guaranteed hair growth.

during the procedure i could see them whispering to each other and tapping their watches. they threw away most of the extracted hairs.

after that most of the hair fell out and did not grow and they admit they only transplanted 3000.

after taking my money, they ignored my emails and my concerns and left me with a huge humilating scar which is the only difference on my head! they replied after i sought legal advise

I regret going with them, i should have paid more and gone with someone else

this is my caution to you guys. WARNING. Avoid

• 5 months later...

I had around 1200 FUE to rebuild my hair line and temples with Vinci in London.

I am so pleased that I chose to do my transplant through Vinci, the care and attention I have received from the team has been immense. The care was fantastic pre op, on the day and post op. I had regular checkups after the operation to see how I was recovering and regular monitoring to check the progress made.

I am just over a year now, but this picture was taken around 9 months after my hair transplant, since then it?s got better and my hair line stronger, and really happy.

5b32ea6292e6f_Image1.jpg.d0ab313802590f4ecb04dc1bc88f6beb.jpg

5b32ea62aadd6_Image2.jpg.f4f93b015157dd11559c881053a770fb.jpg

5b32ea62d2182_Image3.jpg.bf04273c6f1af947751c8d968521d954.jpg

5b32ea62f068d_Image4.thumb.jpg.f3fff7bd5c607087face960b17305066.jpg

5b32ea63137e2_Image5.thumb.jpg.0683ddfb0d9067b08c369de8116a7ce1.jpg

• Like 1