Who are the top BHT doctors in America?

LT

I haven't been in here I a long time. I am 38 years old losing my hair since 21 probably a NW 3-4. I have had 2 strip scar surgeries done by a below average HT doctor over 10 years ago. I recently had an appointment with a top doc to see what my options are. He explained to me that I do not have a lot of donor hair left. This doctor also has a FUE machine but recommended for me to get another strip surgery removing one of my old scars and adding 1500 grafts up top.

At this point in my life I do not want to get another strip scar or even FUE because I don't want anymore scars, cuts, or hairs pulled out of my scalp. I have had micro pigment tattooing into my scars and some times use derma match into scars to be able to buzz it down with a 1 1/2 guard.

I have started doing research on BHT in America and only can find Dr. Umar in California. I live on the East coast do that is kind of a hike.

Does anyone in here know of any other doctor on the east coast near NY that also does BHT???

Dr Umar is probably one doc that is able to attain decent yield and matching with body hair. He is a game changer and i dont know of any otger doc that can nail it as good as he can with body hair.

LT,

If you're staying on the East Coast, I would check out Dr. True. He's actually a big BHT researcher. In fact, he moderated a discussion on BHT and gave a presentation about beard graft BHT at the recent ISHRS conference. Frankly, I'm not sure how much BHT work he does clinically; however, he would probably be a good one to consult with.

Otherwise, as you know, Dr. Umar is probably the authority on BHT in the US.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have started doing research on BHT in America and only can find Dr. Umar in California. I live on the East coast do that is kind of a hike.

Does anyone in here know of any other doctor on the east coast near NY that also does BHT???

I can't answer that question for you, about doctor availability near where you are, but from my experience here are a couple of things to consider.

From most of the positive reviews listed on this board, Umar might be your best bet in terms of distance. I have read good things about surgeons in Turkey and Bhatti in India, but if you want to stay in the US and want a known good result from a BHT, then going to LA could be your best option.

Depending on your line of work and what is required in terms of facial hair grooming, if you need to be clean shaven for your job, then regardless of where you go to get BHT, you will need to wait a week or two for the face to heal up before you can start shaving again. And if you're taking a couple of weeks because of this, then how far you go isn't the biggest deciding factor.

When I chose my first HT, I made sure that I put up with any temporary inconvenience and associated cost so that I can enjoy the result long term and not regret my decision.

Thanks for the response guys. I have initiated contact with Dr. True on possibly doing BHT. It's great to be able to communicate with a top doctor like him through email. I am not used to this because other doctor offices give you no chance to communicate with the doctor without an appointment.

I am very reluctant to use my face for BHT because I stay clean shaving and don't want anymore scaring on scalp or face. I just feel like I am in a real jam here not sure what to do anymore. If I shave my head I would need to get more micro pigment tattooing into both my scars. If I go HT way I do not have a lot of donor hair and don't want another strip that 2 other top docs have recommend. That is why I am looking into BHT.

Hands Down. Dr. Umar is the best there was the best there is and the best will ever be. I have never seen a FUE surgeon that can utilize BHT better than him. Actually he developed his tool in a way to extract the Body graft successfully.

If I was an American or living in USA, he will be my No.1 choice. He is very clear and honest in documenting his results. Check out his YOU TUBE page.

Dr. U - YouTube

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]