The truth about Hasson and Wong.

hairfarmer79

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see your photos so can comment specifically.

But the truth is that u got a sub par result that you have every right to be unhappy with. Even the top clinics such as Hassan and Wong and Rahal have scaled their clinics up, doing multiple procedures in a day, with procedures being mostly done by technicians.

This introduces too many additional variables that can affect the outcome. Clinics need to be upfront about this. They are getting greedy and patients are suffering as a result.

I suggest u go to Dr Lorenzo in Spain. He is the leading FUE surgeon and he does all of the extractions and insertions himself. The techs only load the implanter device. Us patients need to create a demand for clinics where the surgeon is heavily involved in the procedure.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

........I was in surgery for most of the day.

What had me feeling sick with worry occurred a couple of hours into the surgery, Dr Wong disappeared and basically didn't see much of him for the remainder of the day. The majority of the surgery was actually done by his technicians which I had previously had not been informed of. I had arrived on the day under the impression that Dr Wong was going to be doing the procedure...........

As someone new to this concept (relatively small FUE transplant) I'm getting the impression that "techs" are doing far more of the work than doctors want to admit. How does one actually get qualified as a technician in an industry lacking various regulations?

They are like stand-ins in any profession where it's hard to gauge their quality beforehand. Most look young and some don't even seem to have nursing backgrounds. Motor skills and intelligence varies widely, regardless of training. These transplants require subtle abilities to discern angles and depths, and I don't want amateurs messing with something this delicate! We should be offered the credentials of anyone who's going to be involved in these very personal surgeries.

But the truth is that u got a sub par result that you have every right to be unhappy with. Even the top clinics such as Hassan and Wong and Rahal have scaled their clinics up, doing multiple procedures in a day, with procedures being mostly done by technicians.

This introduces too many additional variables that can affect the outcome. Clinics need to be upfront about this. They are getting greedy and patients are suffering as a result.

I suggest u go to Dr Lorenzo in Spain. He is the leading FUE surgeon and he does all of the extractions and insertions himself. The techs only load the implanter device. Us patients need to create a demand for clinics where the surgeon is heavily involved in the procedure.

A costly trip to Spain is not an option for many people, of course.

As someone new to this concept (relatively small FUE transplant) I'm getting the impression that "techs" are doing far more of the work than doctors want to admit. How does one actually get qualified as a technician in an industry lacking various regulations?

They are like stand-ins in any profession where it's hard to gauge their quality beforehand. Most look young and some don't even seem to have nursing backgrounds. Motor skills and intelligence varies widely, regardless of training. These transplants require subtle abilities to discern angles and depths, and I don't want amateurs messing with something this delicate! We should be offered the credentials of anyone who's going to be involved in these very personal surgeries.

While I agree that FUE clinics should be transparent about the role that technicians will play in the procedure, you should know that this case was FUT/strip, not FUE (H&W doesn't offer FUE), and that contrary to the misimpression created by the patient that started this thread, Dr. Wong personally performed the surgery, not his technicians. Dr. Wong surgically extracted the strip, sutured or surgically stapled the wound closed, and, using custom cut and sized blades, made all of the recipient sites for the grafts to be seated in. The technicians' role was limited to the routine, technical tasks of dissecting the strip into follicular units and then seating the grafts into the graft recipient sites that had been cut by Dr. Wong.

Just thought you should know, as it may have been difficult to determine this given the length of the thread and the various tangents it has taken.

Edited by PupDaddy
typo

That is probably true, but my experience was that that Dr. does all of the incisions for placement, and he returns regularly to ensure techs are placing as he intended. The Dr. Is responsible for the outcome, regardless of who is doing the placement. So the use of techs is not irresponsible, it is just a tool they use to be efficient. If you have a top coalition doc in your country of residence, have the work done there. Do not take chances having an important medical procedure done out of your own country of residence.

I've been trying to limit my comments in here in recent days while waiting for the physician to contact me. This was a decision I made out of respect for Dr Wong to allow him the opportunity to respond and get in contact with me.

I had sent Bill the photo Dr Wong requested because I just feel very uncomfortable with posting any more photos that reveal a considerable amount of my face and identity. Dr Wong had specifically asked for photos from the eyebrows up so as to determine symmetry.

I had thought at the time that it was just another reason to delay, delay and delay some more any decision they were going to make to fix this. But in good faith I thought it would be best to do as asked of me and I once again supplied another photo this time with eyebrows included.

I can't understand what it's going to achieve asking for all these different angles of photos when it's so painfully obvious the results are far from good. The hairline is linear and crooked, it is what it is.

So firstly I just want to take this opportunity to thank Bill the managing publisher who had explained to me in recent days that he had spoken to Dr Wong on my behalf and urged them to contact me.

Although once again I've not had any form of communication via email or phone from Hasson and Wong yet again, I do appreciate the efforts Bill had genuinely made to try and help me.

I had made the decision to give them (Hasson and Wong) one last chance out of good faith to at the very least contact me. Especially since the comment made by Dr Wong 10 days ago and I quote "HR thank you for the pictures. From the pictures it certainly does look like the right side is higher than the left. The pictures need to include the eyebrows to know for sure if this is the case. And if it is to determine the degree of asymmetry.

J Wong"

Now usually under any other circumstances you would think once a doctor had made such acknowledgments they would go out of their way to at the very least contact the patient. But no, not this physician once again the silence is deafening.

I've now totally lost all confidence in this company and I remain left with these pretty dismal results.

I once had a really positive view on this industry and what it does to help people.

As I said to Bill the other day, this has been an impossible situation because to begin with I was unable to get anywhere dealing directly with the clinic so I had no other option but to raise my concerns in here. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I will be waiting until Monday and will be communicating with Bill to let him know if I had received any communication from the physician. By Monday I'll know where I stand.

I had made the decision to give them (Hasson and Wong) one last chance out of good faith to at the very least contact me. Especially since the comment made by Dr Wong 10 days ago and I quote "HR thank you for the pictures. From the pictures it certainly does look like the right side is higher than the left. The pictures need to include the eyebrows to know for sure if this is the case. And if it is to determine the degree of asymmetry.

J Wong"

Have you provided multiple pictures that "include the eyebrows" as Dr. Wong requested?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

^unless you want FUE done and you live in the US.

There have been some good FUEs from top U.S. docs shown on this site. I have not looked for any from the Shapiro brothers (but I would bet they have some great results) but I did take notice of Matt1978's results with Dr. Konior, and they are some of the most impressive HT results you will see.

I would also add that people should think about this when the question of using techs comes up...I was in the chair for over 11 hours for my procedure. Would I want the doc doing all that work for 11 straight hours? No way. Everyone gets fatigue and then mistakes or hurrying happens. The idea of judicially using well-trained techs with supervision from the doc makes perfect sense. Do I want him to do the strip and make the incisions, yes...and as far as I could tell (from my valium-induced state), he did that and came back regularly to ensure techs were placing as intended ie: quality control. It is his backside and reputation on the line, so it would be foolish to risk bad results. The best docs know that.

As I said to Bill the other day, this has been an impossible situation because to begin with I was unable to get anywhere dealing directly with the clinic so I had no other option but to raise my concerns in here. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I think its really unfair and sad that somehow in this thread you the patient is on the hot seat and feeling obliged to explain yourself again and again. I understood it at first but i think you did more than enough and i really admire your patience through all this. But its about time someone else to be put on the hot seat and explain what they will do with your case! I just wish some were as vigilant to the clinic as they were on you in this whole thread.

Some poster said that he feels bad for Dr. Wong, i on the other hand, i only feel bad for you.

There have been some good FUEs from top U.S. docs shown on this site. I have not looked for any from the Shapiro brothers (but I would bet they have some great results) but I did take notice of Matt1978's results with Dr. Konior, and they are some of the most impressive HT results you will see.

Matt1978 had FUT done, not FUE. Furthermore, you may have seen some good FUEs from US doctors, but from European docs there are tons and tons of good FUEs. In addition, the bolded part makes no sense whatsoever.

Matt1978 had FUT done, not FUE. Furthermore, you may have seen some good FUEs from US doctors, but from European docs there are tons and tons of good FUEs. In addition, the bolded part makes no sense whatsoever.

You are right about 1978Matt - my mistake. I don't know why I had it in my head he was a FUE patient. What I mean about the Shapiros is that I find them to be perfectionists, so if they are doing FUE work, it is probably top-notch. I only studied them from an FUT perspective, but someone else may find equally-impressive results with their FUE work.

As predicted Hasson and Wong have not contacted me.

Hasson and Wong did not attempt to contact me.

Hasson and Wong have not shown any interest in contacting me.

The description I have used the most throughout this time to describe my experience with H&W is 'evasive' which I once again draw attention to.

This company is either a sham or has completely lost sight of medical ethics and or duty of care to it's patients. I'm now certain they will never attempt to resolve this and for all those who have mocked and ridiculed me throughout this time, what's the excuse now?

Has he been abducted by aliens?

Abomination of a company and based on my own personal experience I would suggest anyone considering going there take into consideration unsatisfactory results will see you punted from pillar to post in the same way I have been.

Again....have you provided multiple pictures that "include the eyebrows" as Dr. Wong requested?

Where are they? I'd like to see them?

What is there to discuss if you are not being cooperative with the clinic?

What are you afraid of by showing the pictures requested by your doctor?

You blow a lot of smoke in the forum, but have not shown very many

multi angle pictures of the supposed trainwreck of a transplant.

Talk is cheap, lets see the pictures?

Again....have you provided multiple pictures that "include the eyebrows" as Dr. Wong requested?

Where are they? I'd like to see them?

What is there to discuss if you are not being cooperative with the clinic?

What are you afraid of by showing the pictures requested by your doctor?

You blow a lot of smoke in the forum, but have not shown very many

multi angle pictures of the supposed trainwreck of a transplant.

Talk is cheap, lets see the pictures?

The only thing that's cheap is your dismal attempt at being an apologist for the physician in question.

The photos were supplied long ago to the physician but you know already. I've been liaising with Bill to get some form of feedback as mentioned time and time again but as per normal absolutely nothing from H&W.

You either don't listen or don't want to.

You can troll all you want, you're irrelevant but you're a good reminder of the lengths some people will go to in order to protect their vested interests.

10'000+ views, you can be assured most readers worked out people like you long ago.

People have the ability to form their own opinion based on the evidence I've already produced and I have no intention of dragging you kicking a screaming to reality of what is already proven and demonstrated as fact.

Thank you for your continued interest in my procedure.

Hairfarmer,

Bill emailed a single photo to Dr Wong on Friday of the hairline including the eyebrows asking for him to contact you to discuss. Bill emailed me yesterday to say this happened. Dr Wong has been and will be in Italy and Spain the until the end of the week. I have contacted him to make him aware that this thread is ongoing and to review your photo from his emails.

He is not being evasive he is busy and has not seen your photo until now. Please be patient and someone from the clinic will be in contact with you soon.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The only thing that's cheap is your dismal attempt at being an apologist for the physician in question.

I don't think Dr. Wong needs an apology. I think he is a wonderful caring doctor that has provided outstanding results to patients for many years. Is he perfect? I doubt it, but he is a heck of a lot better than most hair transplant surgeons. I doubt Hasson/Wong became one of the most respected hair transplant clinics in the world by treating patients poorly. Your accusations that they are reckless hardly jives with a reality that says otherwise.

The photos were supplied

long ago to the physician but you know already. .

And how exactly would I "know that already"?

Is this more of your vague innuendo technique?

And by the way what photos were "supplied already"?

Dr. Wong asked for specifc multiple photos with eyebrows...have you done that?

And if so why have you not posted them for the forum?

You want to make the discussion public

You want to make the demonization of Dr. Wong public

But then claim "OMG PRIVACY" when it comes to photos?

Why the one way street?

You are the one that went public....

So shouldn't everything including your photos be public to back up your public claims?

I've been liaising with Bill to get some form of feedback as mentioned time

and time again but as per normal absolutely nothing from H&W.

I would like to hear Bill's take on this?

Bill is Hasson/Wong ignoring hairfarmer as he claims?

You can troll all you want

How exactly do you define a troll.

I am an active member of this forum.

You posted and I commented.

Isn't that how a message board works?

Again you seem to want a "one way street".

You post and unless people agree with you they are "trolls".

Whatever that means.....

you're a good reminder of the

lengths some people will go to in order to protect their vested interests.

This is a perfect example of your paranoid logic and demonization.

Explain what "vested interests" I am "protecting".

I do not and have not ever worked in the hair transplant industry.

I studied hair transplants on this message board for a year or two.

Decided to go with a world renowned clinic known as Hasson/Wong.

I flew one time from Texas to Vancouver.

Dr. Wong performed my surgery.

I got a wonderful life changing result.

Hasson/Wong treated me great.

I have not been back & have not spoken with Dr, Wong since my surgery.

So what is my "vested" interest?

Can't someone study and issue...

come to a different conclusion than yours

and there be no reason to think there is anything sinister going on?

Thank you for your continued interest in my procedure.

I just wish you would be truely more transparent.

You make all these public claims/accusations

but seem reluctant to back them with public pictures.

"well I've sent them to so and so"

how is it fair to make public accusations

but then not provide that same public with the evidence? (pics)

Guys,

I've been in contact with Hairfarmer privately and while I don't agree with him on every point nor every way he's gone about things, I do feel that he is sincere in working to find a constructive resolution to his concerns. Based on the photos I've seen, in my opinion, the hairline does appear a bit uneven. That said, I believe this can be easily remedied. In my opinion, density looks good and the overall appearance of his new hair is much improved.

That said, if both Hairfarmer and Hasson and Wong are willing to communicate privately and constructively (putting the past behind them), I don't see why these concerns can't be easily remedied.

In the meantime, Dr. Wong is away until the end of the week and won't be able to speak with Hairfarmer until he returns. Thus, until he has an ample chance to respond, I am going to temporarily lock this topic.

Ultimately, it's up to the adult members of this community to draw their own conclusions of the case and the events. But I think we would all like to see a satisfying outcome to all parties at this point.

Once again, I encourage both Hairfarmer and Hasson and Wong to speak privately on the phone, put the past behind them and work towards a resolution to his concerns. Perhaps then, there will be no more animosity and everyone can walk away happy.

Best wishes,

Bill