Hairtransplant worth it

cantbe

Hi guys I'm new here and been lurking on this forum for awhile. I'm interested in minor hairtransplant for my hairline as i have receiding hairline. I've been on rogain for 15 months and very pissed that I even used that poison. It made me receide further before I was using it i was jus thinning. I knew your post to shed as I've read but only thing that poison replaced my healthy hairs was peach fuzz nothing more. Now back to hairtransplants I'm really scared from all the horror stories I've read bout the surgery not going right leading to repair costing for money ect. Very interested for comments. Thanks.

Cant,

I recommend spending some time researching on the forums. Look at the results posted by our leading hair transplant surgeons, and see if you think they look dense and natural. If you think it may work for you, consider consulting with several of these recommended doctors. A no pressure consultation will likely be very helpful and revealing.

I hope this helps! Please, feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks Blake my main concern is sides of my hairline where I applied rogain foam it's made my hairline abnormal by the shedding. I have a little thinning on the top of scalp by nothing major. I jus don't understand how this product shed my healthy hairs and replaced it with peach fuzz. I've been devasted emotionally by this. Reading about the shedding phase I kept telling my self it's normal and it will grow back but 15 months later nothing. I don't want to take any other drugs and dig my grave further. I wish I would of tried natural remedies atleast my hairline would have been in one peice before the foam eat it apart.

Can'tbe,

The shedding phase should not last that long. It normally takes around 3-4 months. Frankly, I'm not certain this is from the minoxidil. It may be more likely that you are simply not a minoxidil responder, and the thinning hair in your hairline is from your progressive androgenic alopecia - not the minoxidil. I think the fact that minoxidil traditionally doesn't have an impressive effect on the hairline and the stabilization in your midscalp - where the drug works better - may add more evidence to this theory.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I think using this forum and looking at the Doctors supported here, their results, and patient feedback, you should be able to ease your concerns about getting a botched transplant quite considerably. I understand the nerves surrounding it all as it is a huge decision, but I wouldn't rule it out based on some horror stories you've heard. This forum is a fantastic tool to help navigate the giant world of hair transplants so that you can make a decision you are comfortable and confident with. And of course, once you consult with some trusted physicians, they will be able to guide you in the right direction to get you results that you'll be quite happy with.

So in short and as a general rule, I say yes... A hair transplant with the right doctor is definitely worth it.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thanks for the feed back I'm looking at all my options right now including just buzzing my head and going full beast mode on the muscle gain. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and look around I've been seeing other men my age with buzz cuts. Hopefully I can find a good hair clinic that is trustworthy if not then you just gotta move on. Il keep checking on this great forum for info.

Hi guys so today I was inspecting my hairline and Im noticing alot of tiny wisp black hairs popping up all over my hairline were I applied the rogain that coused the shed. Their not like stubble hair and barely noticable but just wispy and tiny. Is this a good sign for things to come or nothing. If these tiny hairs become normal my hairline would look great. It's bout 14 months since I started the rogain. Please anybody with experience give me info. Thanks.

Also one more note in-between the tiny wispy black hairs that I'm noticing theirs one regular stubble hair just starting to come thru the skin where I shed please tell me this is a good sign.

Hey bud. So as not to leave you high and dry without an answer, maybe you can post this as a new thread to see if any Rogaine users run across it. I never went that route, so I don't know much about it at this point, but I know there are some guys on here who will know if what you're describing seems promising or not.

Good luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Thanks friend for the idea let me ask you or anybody else that had hairtransplant. Does the hair implanted start growing like normal hair or does it do the peach fuzz route then shed for the regular hair. Thanks

Mine has started coming in pretty much just like normal hair, though at first it did seem a little bit finer than the rest.... But that seemed to be because they were coming in so little at a time (and a few of the grafts had never completely fallen out from the surgery). I definitely wouldn't call it peach fuzz though.

Thanks bro good luck on your journey. Would it be ok if I could pm you in the future to get more info if I take the transplant route.

For sure dude. Anytime.