What to do for my Scar?

So, I have this huge strip scar that pretty much goes from ear to ear. It's pretty good as far as scars go, but it is definitely visible since I keep my head shaved. I'm at the point in my life where it doesn't really bother me that much, but people certainly notice it and I am a little self-conscious of it. Are there many successful cases of scar camouflage using FUE or SMP??? I know these are options but I've honestly not heard or seen any real results or stories good or bad.

a9e8598864e86d7134cfed9541658fda.jpg.adf732540c131219d4474caf4216a272.jpg

The best strip scar camouflage work via FUE I've seen is Dr. Mwamba's who divides the work into two sessions, each transplanted at relatively low density to insure growth in the scar tissue. Odd course, you would have to grow your hair above and below the scar to about a 1 blade length to achieve the desired camouflage.

I'd like to know about your procedure to. Who did it? How many grafts? When was it? How doors your recipient look?

Scar is great. Since you do shave shave it, I would consider a beard fue if it bothers you, of course, from a reputable doc.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

there is a perfect example of a scar that cud not have healed any better yet its still terribly obvious. I too want to cut my hair very short. maybe even shave it down from time to time but that just can't be done with FUT without everyone saying "that dude had a HT".

grow ur hair out if u wanna hide the scar or look into SMP. that wud surely help. beard grafts aren't gonna do much if u leave it shaved. the scar will still be visible. its less visible wen hair transplanted to the scar is grown out.

The scar is good agreed for someone seeking to hide it compared to what we usually see but lets not get carried away I have seen much better many times.

Do not have fue to try to hide that scar, why create white dot scarring to hide a linear scar when you want to shave to the bone so that no hair is grown out. Whilst placing grafts into a scar can be really effective it works best if there is some length to the hair but I am sure if growing your hair to a grade 2 or 3 was an option for you the linear scar would be covered anyway.

You need to look at some scar treatments like laser to change the appearance of the scar. Do not smp if you want to shave to the bone like in the photo.

Good luck.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

That is a good scar Muscleheadofhair.

If you keep your hair that short (shaved to the burn) scarring would be evident from Fue too so unless you have your hair a little longer, Fue would not be advisable really either.

Message to anyone considering a hair transplant: hair transplant surgery is not scarless whatever anyone states and if you are not willing to accept that - do not have a hair transplant!

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.