Planned HT operation with Dr. Bhatti

sfp

After spending over few months on this network learning about experiences of various, I decided to have an HT.

I wanted to have an Indian Doctor as their understanding of Indian Skin will be much better than others.

When it comes to India there are only few recommended doctors in this network.

I booked an appointment with Dr Tejinder Bhatti on 7th Nov.

Doctor Bhatti suggested that I am class V and will need around 5500 grafts.

We have agreed over email to have this over two session, the first on 7th Nov to have around 3000 grafts and 2nd after 6 months.

I have attached the pics as 3 weeks before transplant in photo album

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/sfp/albums/3503

Of Late I am seeing few bad experiences being shared here with Dr.Bhatti, :confused:

Hopefully those are one off cases.

I will keep posting my experiences.:cool::cool:

Do wish me luck..:):)

nice 5500 grafts! this shud be interesting. can't ever remember seeing him perform that many grafts. thats about wat I need so I'm lookn forward to ur procedure.

im not sure what Indian skin has to do with a HT but nonetheless good luck.

After spending over few months on this network learning about experiences of various, I decided to have an HT.

I wanted to have an Indian Doctor as their understanding of Indian Skin will be much better than others.

When it comes to India there are only few recommended doctors in this network.

I booked an appointment with Dr Tejinder Bhatti on 7th Nov.

Doctor Bhatti suggested that I am class V and will need around 5500 grafts.

We have agreed over email to have this over two session, the first on 7th Nov to have around 3000 grafts and 2nd after 6 months.

I have attached the pics as 3 weeks before transplant in photo album

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

Of Late I am seeing few bad experiences being shared here with Dr.Bhatti, :confused:

Hopefully those are one off cases.

I will keep posting my experiences.:cool::cool:

Do wish me luck..:):)

Hi spf,

Congratulations on putting your faith in Dr. Bhatti for your HT. I am sure that you must have done your research and due diligence to make this important decision.

I want to assure you that you are in very good hands as far as your HT procedure is concerned. In regards to the "some bad experiences" that you have referred to, I would highly encourage you to pay more attention to the Patient results that are almost 12-months or so post-op. That will give you a better picture of an HT Surgeon's track record.

Copy/pasting some Dr. Bhatti Patient cases from this Forum below, just for your reference:

Shane13- 12 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176753-1-year-results-%7C-dr-bhatti-%7C-1720-fue.html

Manish1990- 9.5 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177038-9-5months-update-dr-bhatti-i-am-happy.html

Prime209-9 month post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173149-1169-fue-hairline-transplant-dr-bhatti-12-2-13-a.html

MJ0101

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169005-hair-restoration-procedure-w-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

GaelicDawn- 12 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170853-4346-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india.html

Questionmark- 15 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170355-my-experience-dr-tejinder-bhatti-2364-grafts-fue-restore-hairline.html

HoustonChandigarh- 8 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174583-hair-transplant-dr-tejinder-bhatti.html

8 months post-op

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176934-dr-bhatti-3000-fue-grafts-single-session.html

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

sfp always do your research and i would say if in india try to meet two or three patients live. Lot of clinic do open housewhere you can meet patients and you can see their scalp in direct real natural light. This HT network forum is a very good medium to talk with user and share your and what ia their experience. Rule of thumb if I were you meet patients live if possible. Its my opinion

@BUSA:

As per Dr. Bhatti , To pull up 5500 grafts, he should be able to harvest around 3500-4000 grafts from the scalp and the remaining shall come from the under surface of the beard or the chest.

I am going to have this over two sessions 6 months apart.Not sure what is the split of scalp hair and other hair for each session .

With Skin, I meant the scalp and certainly different scalp or hair type need different procedure.Different doctors use different size punches for different hair type and have slight different way of placing the hair grafts for different hair type.

@California : Yes I am looking forward to have a good experience.

Hopefully on the list you pasted, I will have my pictures also

:)

@fueonly: Thanks for the suggestion,:)

I am not in India , so can't have the luxury to meet patients but definitely will talk to them over chat.

Hi All,

Dr. Bhatti has two packages for hair transplant , in one he uses a new Harris punch and in another he uses a used Harris punch.

Does the different punch makes any difference in final results.:confused::confused:

I am seeing slight decline in the way he is responding to my questions.

He is sometimes just ignoring many of my question over email..:rolleyes::mad:

Let's see how it goes at the end.

Also, if any one can answer this question, I am planning to see a dentist after 5-6 days of HT to get Root canal on one of my tooth.

Is it OK to see a dentist or it can impact the HT operation as the dentist will give those NSAIDs medicine(aspirin,ibuprofen).::cool::cool:

Thanks

Saiyed

Hi All,

Dr. Bhatti has two packages for hair transplant , in one he uses a new Harris punch and in another he uses a used Harris punch.

Does the different punch makes any difference in final results.:confused::confused:

I am seeing slight decline in the way he is responding to my questions.

He is sometimes just ignoring many of my question over email..:rolleyes::mad:

Let's see how it goes at the end.

Also, if any one can answer this question, I am planning to see a dentist after 5-6 days of HT to get Root canal on one of my tooth.

Is it OK to see a dentist or it can impact the HT operation as the dentist will give those NSAIDs medicine(aspirin,ibuprofen).::cool::cool:

Thanks

Saiyed

Hi Saiyed,

The punch that Dr. Bhatti uses for graft harvesting is good for a 100,000 graft extractions as per the manufacturer. BUT, we do not use a punch (sterilized, of course) for more than 2-3 procedures, that too after counseling the Patient. We provide all the information and let the Patient make the choice.

In regards to the email responses from Dr. Bhatti, please note that he receives dozens of emails every day from Patients all around the world and makes it a point to respond to each and every email personally the same day. He ends up staying at his office till late evening responding to Patient emails. If you feel that any of your questions did not get answered, please feel free to use me as a resource. My email address is darlingbudsusa@gmail.com

I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have and if I don't have an answer, I will find it for you.

Lastly, I do not believe that a dental procedure (root canal) etc. about a week about your HT procedure will negatively affect your HT.

Thank you,

California

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Saiyed,

The punch that Dr. Bhatti uses for graft harvesting is good for a 100,000 graft extractions as per the manufacturer. BUT, we do not use a punch (sterilized, of course) for more than 2-3 procedures, that too after counseling the Patient. We provide all the information and let the Patient make the choice.

In regards to the email responses from Dr. Bhatti, please note that he receives dozens of emails every day from Patients all around the world and makes it a point to respond to each and every email personally the same day. He ends up staying at his office till late evening responding to Patient emails. If you feel that any of your questions did not get answered, please feel free to use me as a resource. My email address is darlingbudsusa@gmail.com

I will be happy to answer any questions that you might have and if I don't have an answer, I will find it for you.

Lastly, I do not believe that a dental procedure (root canal) etc. about a week about your HT procedure will negatively affect your HT.

Thank you,

California

Thanks for the replies.. :)..I will be reaching out to you for further questions..;);)

• 2 weeks later...

Guys.. how does it looks..

Just had HT with doctor Bhatti.

Will give a detail review later on .

Just want to place my PIC before and after operation for the members comments on how it looks.

Before pics are not so clear, check my photos for pre op pics. Grafts count were around 3550.

IMG_20141107_184956.jpg.02f3c50165c6bc5d3e9542949a06075c.jpg

IMG_20141107_185049.jpg.1e28699c5059f9610a12ab5c8889c293.jpg

IMG_20141107_184417.jpg.4d4f707afcfe9e1bede851604d66aca2.jpg

IMG_20141107_184256.jpg.99ac7f816afbbee07e1b6cec956abc92.jpg

This looks like a great plan and the work is clean and refined. Congrats! Please keep us updated on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

:(:(:( I pulled out around 7 grafts while sleeping.... and 3 more while putting the cap...

Feeling scared.....:(:(:(

Hi SPF,

Are you still in Chandigarh or did you leave? If you are in Chandigarh, you can go back to Dr. Bhatti's Clinic and we will help you.

If you have left Chandigarh/India, I would suggest that you should not stress about this. Even if you did lose a few grafts, that should not affect your final results. I do understand that it sucks to lose transplanted hair.

Please be careful for the next few days. You must have received an over sized hat from the Clinic and they must have showed you how to put it on and how to take off. Please follow those instructions.

You will be fine:) The good hair days are coming!

Best regards,

California

Hi SPF,

Are you still in Chandigarh or did you leave? If you are in Chandigarh, you can go back to Dr. Bhatti's Clinic and we will help you.

If you have left Chandigarh/India, I would suggest that you should not stress about this. Even if you did lose a few grafts, that should not affect your final results. I do understand that it sucks to lose transplanted hair.

Please be careful for the next few days. You must have received an over sized hat from the Clinic and they must have showed you how to put it on and how to take off. Please follow those instructions.

You will be fine:) The good hair days are coming!

Best regards,

California

I am still in Chandigarh and did go to the clinic..The Staff and Dr. Bhatti did not say much on this apart from being careful now onwards...Even feeling scared to shampoo my hair now...:(:( ..

Can I ask them to put new grafts again on dislodged grafts positions or is it risky and can further damage other grafts...

Edited by sfp