Does fue anasthethise injection hurt?

Last time you had a tooth taken out or filling did you find it painful when they injected your gums? If yes then it is going to hurt the pain is similar perhaps more so with the injections into the scalp as there are more of them. Thankfully it is over quite quickly.

And yes you will need to go through it again the next day. Very few patients recall to me how painful the injections were after the surgery so you will be fine.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The purpose of the injections is to numb your head so you don't feel anymore pain. If you do feel pain at any stage you should ask for more anesthesia. This type of surgery cannot be done without any pain I am afraid.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

The local anesthesia that is used is generally applied in a series of injections. The first initial ones are targeted to block off certain larger nerves that encompasses the scalp. In other words, you should not feel the latter ones if the initial ones are given adequate time to take effect.

Chances are, the techs and/or doctor will advise you to let them know if the anesthesia is wearing off. They also know ahead of time the general time frames that anesthesia lasts. But like anything else, we all respond differently to them. Again, once the initial numbing begins, the subsequent injections are a cake walk...:)

You should not feel any of the recipient incisions that are made once the anesthesia takes full effect...;)

I once read that approximately 60% of all men have a phobia regarding needles so you are not alone.

Just keep reminding yourself that a teeny bit of discomfort is worth all of the new hair...:D

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

First couple sting. My doc has a massager going right next to the objection site which stimulated the area and I think took a but of pain away because your whole head was stimulated. I don't know if I'm making sense. Anyway, I think fue is much less painful you'll be fine. Poison was not even a good word. I would say it was uncomfortable.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Full disclosure here.... I cried like a baby. Haha. I promise I generally have a pretty high threshold for pain, so I attribute it to whatever it was they gave me to make me pass out before they started. I remember being super loopy before they even did injections so my inhibitions were down... When they gave me the first couple of shots, my eyes started watering and I vaguely remember looking up at them like a little boy and telling them it hurt. What followed was a combination of more tears and embarrassed laughter and apologies for crying.... *sigh* Being drugged is the best part of any surgery, so enjoy it. :)

Anywayyyy.... The shots were over before I knew it and the rest of the time I barely remember feeling anything at thing at all - at most a little bit of pressure. I slept for most of the morning while they cut on my scalp, and the later part of the morning and the rest of the afternoon, I was awake and chatting away as if I didn't have thousand of tiny holes in my head. There was one time in the afternoon where I started feeling a bit more pressure than normal, so they gave me gave me a couple more shots to numb it again and we were back in business.

Your doctor will constantly monitor you to make sure you're comfortable and not in pain - so don't worry. And the shots really aren't that bad, in spite of what my very masculine tears might indicate. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56