Generic Proscar (5mg Finasteride) at Walmart - good quality?

SeekingDensity

Hi everyone,

I've scheduled a 2nd hair transplant and I'm about to startup on Finasteride again (long story but I stopped using, not due to side effects). Like most here on the forums I've researched the best places to get 5mg generic Finasteride and Walmart is the clear winner; $9 for a 30-day supply that once split into 4 is $2.25 per month. Proscar, even at Walmart is significantly more expensive. After speaking with the surgeon (Dr. Carman) he encourages the use of Proscar and not generic due to the risk of inconsistent results.

My question is how many of you out there have been using 5mg Fin from Walmart without any issues? It's hard to evaluate whether generic is better than brand since it's so subjective and will most likely vary with the individual. Have any of you done any research on the manufacturer? My limited understanding is that to be classified generic you have to have at least 80% of the active ingredient present. I figured that if an (accurate) split from 5mg generic would equate to 1.25mg of Fin. Allowing for errors of splitting and active ingredient it's likely one would get around 1mg of Fin, the same as propecia or generic propecia. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

SD

I myself go 5mg Fin at walmart for $9 & cut one tab in 4 .

I can't tell you if its more effective than the brand stuff as its only been coming for 3 wks of use for me so far no real sides only that I find it hard to go to sleep so maybe I will switch taken Fin from nighttime to daytime instead but that might lead to brain fog in the day time.

So yep the walmart Fin is doing something for me keeping me awake at night which is not that bad SE , aslong in 12 mths I can see I haven't loss anymore hair & maybe gained that would be a good result I think.

IMHO....

This Med stuff is not one fits all, its defo a trial & error some do better with some drugs & some don't that's the world of science I guess.