Advice Please!!!

Hi all,

I'm a 33 yr old living in Dubai and have been dealing with hair loss since my mid 20's. I think most of my hair was lost during my wonderfully stressful years of dental school but I'm sure I can contribute a substantial part of it to my ex-wife ;)

On a serious note, I went to Dr. Bernstein in NYC about 3 years ago. At that time he recommended finasteride and no surgery. He was not thrilled about what he perceived my results would be so I took his advice and took the meds. After about a year I was having mild but noticeable (at least for me) gynecomastia and stopped the generic finasteride. I felt lost and without options.

I moved to Dubai a year and a half ago and had a consult with Dr. Lars Skj?th at a place called HairClinic. They have offices in Dallas, Copenhagen, a few in germany.... Anyway, he has this topical plant based proprietary formula that I started and was on for several months before I stopped. Lots of arab royalty see him and he treats them exclusively with this topical application. I feel like it was working but I realized that everyday application is not realistic for me so I was discussing with him my surgical options.

Since that time I have been on these forums trying to decide who to go with for my surgery. I understand that even with 3500-4000 grafts I may need another FUE in the future. I have considered FUT but I think I would prefer FUE unless the FUT coverage would be extensively more.

Any suggestions for surgeons would be greatly appreciated. I have attached pictures for you to see.

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

Best

David

Thanks Farmcat,

I have actually read about him on this forum, sounds like hes highly recommended. I wonder what the actual difference in price actually is. I don't mind traveling to Madrid. At this point I have to travel anyplace to do this.

These are the prices I have seen, but I would suggest you contact their clinic to be sure:

The first 1000uf is 6€ ($7.58) per unit

The second 1000uf is 4€ ($5.05) per unit

And the rest is 2.5€ ($3.16) per unit

Injerto Capilar

Like I said, I haven't been to this clinic, I am only going by their videos, their results look good.....make sure to do your research first

• 4 weeks later...

So I have been able to get a consult with Dr Demirsoy. His first available appt isn't till March 2015!! I have also been trying to get in touch with Dr Lorenzo, but after two attempts to start email communication I have nothing...not very promising. I also have a friend of a friend, Dr Larry Gershowitz, in Cape Town, SA who does FUT only but will be having Dr De Reys come to his office to do FUE in Feb so I wanted to find out more info about him but only see one or two posts. Anyone have any info?

I'm comfortable with Dr Demirsoy but I would like to do this sooner than March. He thinks I need 3500-3800 grafts and a second procedure for the crown in 8-12 months after. The communication I have recieved thus far from Clemens is very professional and I like that about his office. Any other dr recommendations or thoughts about these 3?

Thanks!

D