What causes density to vary from side to side.

i'm about 8 months 16 days post op, very pleased with results so far, but noticed that the density on my right side is a bit less than my left.

when the hair started to initially grow, the left side definitely had a jump start, but at 8 months 16 days post op, is there still time for the right side to catch up? it looks as if though all of the grafts have grown out however.

I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I read someone on another post mentioning that maybe having two completely different technicians doing each side could contribute to this.... Meaning maybe one of the technicians wasn't implanting them properly... I'm not sure if this is possible, as I feel that would be a pretty big oversight to have a technician who inserts the grafts so poorly without it being noticed by the other techs or the doctor.

Any professional thoughts on this and how it happens?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I think there's some truth in that.

I had a "weak" side during my 1st procedure. I thought it might have been a blood flow issue but my repair procedure with a better surgeon has proved that it was a shitty tech at my first surgery who screwed up implantation.

Just short of 5 months post op, what WAS the "weak" side is looking exactly the same as what WAS the "strong" side in terms of density.