FUE Procedure by Dr Raghu Reddy - Life changing!

FUEharry1

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and thought I would share the last 6months of my FUE journey! I have been suffering from a receding hairline since the age of around 20yrs old. In more recent years I have been guilty of trying to grow it longer and do the old 'sweep over' and trying to avoid any windy weather when possible!

After two years research and reading many posts and feedback on this website in January this year I decided to go ahead with my HT.

Opting for surgeons in the UK it really only came down to two choices for me.

The consultation with Dr Reddy and his team stood out massively for me. He was very realistic in terms of what results I should expect and in no way pushy at all. I feel Dr Raghu Reddy's results speak for themselves. Nervous, yes initially as everyone is different, but 6months down the line it really has changed my life in many many ways!

Here are some pictures firstly the 'deciding' picture. The picture I looked at and thought 'I really need to do something about this', and the second is the morning of my surgery before my hair had been shaved in preparation of the FUE procedure. As you can see with my hair prior to surgery, I am really pushing the hair from the back of the head forward to try to 'disguise' and receding areas. (Not that great of a disguise) :)

I will continue with the posts for months 1 - 6

535.jpg.872fa83d2726ffd14810de551324537f.jpg

5b32e1aa7d25b_operatio2Bday.jpg.66348c4083127c85a07496ea742f3d11.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dr Reddy performed the FUE over a two day period. Any nerves I had prior to the surgery had indeed disappeared the moment I walked into the clinic. Dr Reddy and his staff as people have already referenced, are very relaxed and do a great job of explaining everything in detail and answering any last minute 'nervous' questions.:)

For the most part the surgery was pretty pain free. The occasional 'ouch' but nothing to worry about. I stayed at a local hotel to the clinic on the evening of the first day of surgery and even found myself eating breakfast with other guests the next morning. Head fully bandaged! :) I did get some funny looks but hey, what is there to be ashamed or worried about!

Pictures attached of immediately post surgery.

5b32e1aa8fad9_operattin2B2Bday.jpg.02291f03b20ae12b68a229494f35bc3a.jpg

IMG_0936.JPG.a1524ed2bc09b354a8c5af70e6ea4c1a.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG.5d43c2bd25702d7ff542ae0021836b9d.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG.0f37dee6276425b5439e0fd9e81a7c0d.JPG

By day 10 I could really start to see my new hairline. I made sure that I followed all procedure for the first few days after surgery and took great care and precaution when washing the grafts and donor area. Again no pain, the occasional stinging or itchiness but nothing to complain about :)

5b32e1ab0db86_102Bpost.jpg.dfc6f1b65fd9b089db775bc0d7f0cb65.jpg

I just wanted to include this for two reasons. The first being that this picture was taken in Germany and I had a work conference to attend. Many colleagues believed I had shaved my hair for the summer and I didn’t suspect my surgery at all. The second is I had my first beer in almost 6 weeks. I made a personal choice not to drink alcohol leading up to the surgery and then again after. I’m not sure if this made a difference or not but I’m sure it didn’t do any harm :)

5b32e1ab213dd_212Bdays2Bpost.jpg.0cb79eee01c6dc949b766e990fa7427b.jpg

Well the ugly duckling stage truly set in at this point. Only a few weeks back I was showing off a nice buzz cut with a definite hairline in front of my colleagues in Germany. The grafts scabbed over initially then slowly began to fall naturally off 1month – 2month post op. As you can see from the pics, the redness in the recipient area is showing and I have managed to keep hold of some of the transplanted hairs. This is a tough stage to be at as many people say. You just have to get on with it and be sure that your new hair is on the way. Most people wear hats etc... at this point as you do become quite paranoid etc.. have that 'back to square 1' feeling, however I chose not too and just thought all along every day that goes by means more growth! Staying positive is key! :)

5b32e1ab36c83_22Bmon2Bpost.jpg.fc474cc1a1355c6ecc0eacf399bac1ef.jpg

5b32e1abc3fa0_22Bmonths2Bpost.jpg.4e1caa724bb2089ce0ae476f4864fc30.jpg

At three months post op most of the hairs had shed and the good news is I could see new hairs popping through the scalp. Some thin hairs and some tiny black dots breaking through the surface of the scalp. At this point I had my first haircut. Not really much to cut or style on the top yet but the back and sides I had cut down to a ‘number 2’ at the barbers. The donor and recipient area was also still slightly pinkish in tone. I have included a collage of pics here going back to day one. I will do this every three months to remind me of the journey and the progression.

5b32e1abd8ab9_32Bmonth.jpg.d1fc363a9be97bff22cf969cbd8ac43e.jpg

5b32e1abeb5bb_32Bmonth2Bpost.jpg.426a7655e98580b2d7edfef809ffb8d2.jpg

Didn’t really take many pictures around month 4 due to work commitments and then a holiday. One thing worth noting, whilst away on holiday I ensured I used factor 30 high spray designed especially for scalp protection in the sun. I had no issues whatsoever and didn’t go into the pool, opting for the natural sea water with no chemicals J

So 5months, a lot has changed since my last pictures. The new hair has really started to come through and thicken and I’m very pleased with my new hairline! Close up still quite see through and the new hair thin in parts, but it’s all part of the process and the waiting game. No redness at all in either donor or recipient area at this stage.

I had arranged my first ‘styled’ haircut later in the month. The first time in years I walked into a barbers and felt like I was getting a ‘real’ haircut!

I have attached pics of earlier in the month post holiday and then pics immediately after my first real haircut! Finally! :)

5b32e1ac0cbc8_52Bmonth.jpg.4ec5f31919081b884838c2f508dd985a.jpg

5b32e1ac1d71b_52Bmonth2B2.jpg.8bcd4f97c40455c8dabf3dff1be3d520.jpg

5b32e1ac375e0_haircut2B2.jpg.a4181677027f1f6691527681349fcf60.jpg

haicut.jpg.de048377cda30102105c2498e5f70b5b.jpg

So here I am, 6months since my FUE transplant with Dr Reddy. I had a 6month check-up appointment with him and took a picture the morning of the appointment. The other pictures is my most recent haircut which I had done last week (late September). The hair and texture is really starting to thicken up and I even ‘tested’ the donor area by asking the barber to shave down to a 0.5 into 1.0 blend. The pictures are not too clear but there is no visible scaring whatsoever! No harsh red lumps or bumps and nobody would suspect this surgery. Full credit to Dr Reddy and his team here for a truly fantastic professional job.

I still have another 6months before I can really evaluate my results. My hair should continue to thicken over the next few months. I will continue with my daily regime of Regaine Foam 5%, Propecia, and Vitabitocs hair skin and nails tablets.

Dr Reddy has asked me to go back at 9months for another check-up and update pictures. So far I am over the moon with the results and it really has been a life changing experience. Already at 6months I’m a once a month regular at my barber and I look forward to being able to style my hair in many different ways. :D

I will continue to update over the coming months......

5b32e1ac5bacf_62Bmonth.jpg.7aa3e1add27dff73cc78097b09ccdd1a.jpg

5b32e1ac6b911_62Bmonth2B2.jpg.4fda1aa83997bcfed27813c91fd94227.jpg

5b32e1ac78383_62Bmonth2B3.jpg.82cdaa90921051f040aed244c3d77a76.jpg

5b32e1ac9d4dd_62Bmonth2B4.jpg.79b54bf3f14c790b1abe5cdb661a58e4.jpg

Wow that looks fantastic!!

looks like a 12 month photo at the end

Hope my 2500 grafts turn out like that, I am at 23 days and most of my hair has fallen out so i look horrible :( and that uncertainty has kicked in.

i hope it even gets thicker for you

Thanks for the positive comments. Yes only just over the 6 month mark so hopefully more growing!

Try not to worry. I tried hard for the first one to two months not to look at my hair too much. Just relax and remember that everyday that passes means your closer to your end result!

Good luck with your journey and I hope you see some nice growth in the coming months.

This is another great looking result from Dr Reddy, can I ask how much you paid?

The high fee is obviously warranted with some of the results seen on here but unfortunately it is just too expensive for me at this present time. Hopefully one day I will be posting similar results.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Its really pleasing.

All credit to Dr Reddy, he really has a talent in FUE! I couldn't recommend him highly enough!

Considering FUE & TK - The cost averaged at ?4 per graft. (x2500)

Not cheap, however I would be very concerned about anyone considering a HT looking for the cheapest option. :)

Loags - I'm not sure I agree with you and I have attached some more pics taken today. You may change your opinion.

I'm only just over the 6months mark too, so im sure i have more growing & development to come....

FullSizeRender.jpg.61aa86f72f5c53a5edc6ada86a2e6481.jpg

hair.jpg.e02877dc17cd4945c5f2e48854973df6.jpg

5b32e1bac71bd_hair1.jpg.27b4a4db3153cdc648062eae85a68587.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Its really pleasing.

All credit to Dr Reddy, he really has a talent in FUE! I couldn't recommend him highly enough!

Considering FUE & TK - The cost averaged at ?4 per graft. (x2500)

Not cheap, however I would be very concerned about anyone considering a HT looking for the cheapest option. :)

Loags - I'm not sure I agree with you and I have attached some more pics taken today. You may change your opinion.

I'm only just over the 6months mark too, so im sure i have more growing & development to come....

i agree there is no way i would be able to tell you had a ht from those pics, looks very natural to me

Dude, that's amazing. I'm just past month 2 and am really looking forward to what's to come. That just put a smile on my face.... I can't imagine your results being any better. Congrats man!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56