4000 FUE with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

jetset

Hi all

I visited Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh and got my HT.

I was a Norwood V with receeding hairline and a big bald crown area.

After many months of silent research (& speaking 1:1 with many of you, you know who you are - thank you!) - I narrowed down to FUE as the procedure for me and considered a doctor in Turkey & 2 doctors in India. The reason I picked Dr. Bhatti was - he was the only Doctor that I could actually talk to. Very knowledgeable & confident in his work - I have an email promising corrective surgery at NO cost incase there is a poor result. (yes - I saved that email but I really hope I dont ever need it). Bottom line - Dr Bhatti is a very personable and patient guy - you can ask any and all Qs and he replies to all emails personally.

Dr. Bhatti has a driver (nice chap) who picks you up at the airport - they also pickup and drop off from the hotel to clinic at a very reasonable price. The clinic itself is quite nice, centrally located and very clean. The staff is young but have atleast 3-5 years experience in this line, are top notch pros.. and very hard working. 4000 grafts take a long time but they kept at it and did not do a rush job at any point.

Dr Bhatti did the shave, 100% harvesting + all the slit making. The techs did the implants and Dr Bhatti was in and out to review. We started at 7.30am and were done by 6pm. It is very tiring but there was no pain during the harvesting or implants. I joked that it was as painful as getting a haircut. No kidding and the post op is not bad at all either. A result of very skilled hands.. and experience.

The next day (Day1 after the procedure) I had the shower + bandage change. The following day (Day2) the bandages were removed and after another head shower I was good to head back.

Slept upright both nights and was very careful not to lose any grafts. I am able to sleep through the night now and have minimal pain or discomfort. FUE is really and amazing technique and Dr Bhatti is one of the best in the business.

Sharing some details & pictures here and have 2 Questions - was hoping to get some insights.

Total grafts: 4016

Singles: 1392

Doubles: 1518

Triples: 1106

Questions:

1. I am off from work for the next 3 weeks (all my PTO will be gone). I hv heard.. and am hoping the crusting falls off in 8-10 days. But what I am really hoping is for the transplanted hair to also fall off (pushed out by the new growing hair). So I can return to work with my old look and ideally have the new hair come out gradually so no one notices. Is 3 weeks from today (9/29) too fast for the transplanted hair to fall off? Any other ideas to manage the "return" :)

2. We used about 2600-2800 grafts for the front and aprox 1200-1400 grafts for the crown. I am very happy with the hair line Dr Bhatti has created. However for the crown area I feel we might be a bit short in covering the bald spot - can you folks take a look and share your thoughts. I am a bit concerned about it.. that the crown area doesnt quite blend into the rest of my hair. Understand as the hair grows it may be able to cover but I still feel its leaving some big gaps - please let me know.

happy to answer any other Qs in group or 1:1.

thanks a lot

(pics 2,3,4,5 are 4 days Post Op

Pic 1 is my crown area Pre Op)

5.jpg.46b63376c906b6d22e3923b04b4d184c.jpg

4.jpg.9280a29efb8af2593c1e277b749c1203.jpg

3.jpg.ebae15caf63de08bf40aad5d7449ca81.jpg

2.jpg.f0dc80a923a23bc7cdab6af08f9ccfde.jpg

1.jpg.ef050ee252eed12fceb13568fa5eb403.jpg

jetset,

Congratulations! The work looks very clean and refined and the design is excellent. Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thank you David.

any thoughts on my question re: scalp coverage..?

thanks in advance!

Physicians typically need to be very conservative in the crown and try to get greatest effect with the least amount of grafts. You crown will certainly be thinner but I believe that it will not appear detached from the rest of your hair once it grows in. I've seem similar gap areas in surgeries by other physicians and they are unnoticeable once the hair grows in. However, that depends to a large degree in the hairstyle you cultivate.

Did you discuss hairstyle with Dr. Bhatti as part of your plan? Also, have you asked Dr. Bhatti or his rep to explain the reasoning behind the design?

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

thank you David. its good to know that other Doctors take a similar approach.

We did not spend too much time discussing the crown when I was with Dr Bhatti. In hindsight I probably should have.

Hoping the gap gets covered as the crown implanted hair grow. I shall keep the updates coming.

I think your crown should have been left alone and the entire 4016 should have been planted in the hairline and mid scalp region, your crown loss is pretty bad , just like mine, 1200-1400 grafts is not going to make any difference to it.

Your hair to graft ratio is also very low at 1.93

Do you have many FUE grafts available for future work?

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

I also believe you should of left the crown till your next HT. Anyway its done now, chill out and relax and let the grafts grow. Dr Bhatti has done a fab job with your hairline. Have you got any pics show your front scalp before your HT. Im having my HT this month and I cant wait to meet Dr Bhatti again.

thanks a lot cueball35 and jayuktdht. i will be posting by 15 days pics in about 3 days (around Thu this week).

you guys hv me really concerned about the crown coverage now.. I had heard from others on this forum that most docs use the minimal # of grafts for the crown. and the 1200-1400 grafts have many doubles and triples.

my main issue wasnt the density of coverage for the crown which I understand will be light. my concern was how well it will integrate into my old hairline because it appeared like there were some gaps left specially on the LHS. On that I was told they will cover as the implanted hair grown but i guess there's no certain way to tell. will just have to wait and watch.

cuball35: yes I have faily good density left in the donor area even after round1.. although i really hope i dont end up needing a corrective procedure.

jayukdht: good luck with your HT.

Jetset you must remember this point..IMO there is no such thing as having 1 HT that will fix your hair loss. Patients will need more than 1 HT to fix the on going hair loss problem. Im having my second HT this month and my first HT was back in 2011. I believe when you have your second HT (hopefully with Dr Bhatti), he will address any further loss and will add more grafts to your crown. From talking to Dr Bhatti he is always thinking of the patients future hair loss.

hi jayukdht, yes Dr. B did counsel me that another HT might be needed in aprox. 3 yrs. As for the hairline design it was done on day 1 when we had a pre op consultation appointment. they asked me to take a selfie and think about it overnight. the next day Dr B drew up the same hairline again and asked if I was happy. I chose not to add any inputs and go with the expert. Looking back I am very happy I did not change anything - it looks very good.

I stayed at a place called The Altius after reading many positive reviews on this forum. Be honest the place is quite a dump.. no where close to the glitzy pics they have up on their site. staff is not the most friendly either. but the 2 absolute no-no's for me were - they have this bizzarely located nightclub on the 6th floor which parties on Wed/ Fri and Sat. its hard to imagine how anyone can sleep with that level of noise. second the Altius is located in this Industrial area far away from the markets/ restaurants. nothing is in walking distance. I would ask Dr. B's office for another recommendation.

Thanks for your feedback. Dr Bhatti has recommended the same hotel to me aswell....if I'm not happy I will talk to him and change my hotel. I'm regards to my hairline I'm hoping to do this day before my ht.

sorry for the light. i only had a camera phone. My crusts have nearly all fallen. A lot of the transplanted hair is also starting to fall off.

Is it safe to start going to the GYM again?

thanks!

20141012_211816.jpg.b07865e1a21851ea3f3dbb4bbcd2a5d9.jpg

20141012_210903.jpg.41b6f99d56f4565886ab7cda280f7ab7.jpg

20141012_211256.jpg.f1351a007f62e8d410212915ab73f45c.jpg

Thanks for the update jetset! At 15 days post-op, you should be fine going back the the gym. What is Dr. Bhatti's advice?

Thanks for your feedback. Dr Bhatti has recommended the same hotel to me aswell....if I'm not happy I will talk to him and change my hotel. I'm regards to my hairline I'm hoping to do this day before my ht.

Taj Chandigarh is a very good hotel close to Dr Bhatti's office. I stayed there last month and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality, food and comfort.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

on this post I am attaching my 6 month pictures. I took these pictures on Mar 31st 2015 but wanst able to post till now.

I am at 1yr, 1 month today. In the next update following this I am posting the 12 month (1yr) pictures.

AWESOME results. Dr. Bhatti has far exceeded expectations.

20150501_194509.jpg.4ed074701a8ac60b9a50bf9b07bb2979.jpg

20150501_194532.jpg.03b80d0ec3b5ffabd1847d9f19c693f1.jpg

here are my 1 yr pics. Again very happy with the results.

Starting last month I have cut down Finastride down to 1 tablet (5mg) every alternate day. Hope its ok.. hv emailed Dr Bhatti also. Keep applying rogaine twice a day.

20151027_232302.jpg.8ea94001526ce1bb9959ac2aed8ac75c.jpg

20151027_232308(0).jpg.6e79969b36aeecbc2741ba477a3221b3.jpg

here are my 1 yr pics. Again very happy with the results.

Starting last month I have cut down Finastride down to 1 tablet (5mg) every alternate day. Hope its ok.. hv emailed Dr Bhatti also. Keep applying rogaine twice a day.

Hi Jetset,

Thank you for the 1 year update. Your hair looks good. I am very happy for you.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.