Dr Rahal FUT result 2516 grafts

404hairnotfound

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The road to success is always under construction"

I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Epic signature size :eek:

I can edit both if you'd like. It may be helpful to add a more descriptive title and an addendum to the first post. Let me know what you'd like it to say and I'll make some edits.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

jus goes to show 12 months is not the end all be all for many. been tryn to tell ppl that for years but they read a few ignorant posters that say "if at 12 months u don't see full growth then ur Ht is a failure" the only failure is those who listen to ppl who don't know WTF their talkn about!

I've seen ppl even keep growing past the 18 month part. ESPECIALLY if they have BHT but even with head hairs some are just slow to grow.

jus goes to show 12 months is not the end all be all for many. been tryn to tell ppl that for years but they read a few ignorant posters that say "if at 12 months u don't see full growth then ur Ht is a failure" the only failure is those who listen to ppl who don't know WTF their talkn about!

I've seen ppl even keep growing past the 18 month part. ESPECIALLY if they have BHT but even with head hairs some are just slow to grow.

Agreed some people on here need to relax a bit with the negativity. We are all on here to support each other and sometimes i feels like its not the case and a lot of jumping to conclusions which freaks people out.

I almost cancelled my surgery because of some people on here and glad I didn't back out as it would have been a big mistake.

Busa, can you link me to cases which display a considerable progress from 12 months on? I don`t know of any, so thanks
I don't hav any links saved with those threads but I think I remember where a couple are. I will try to to dig them out.... I belong to a couple other forums so I'm not 100% sure which forum they were on but ill giv it a try.

but also keep in mind the crown is slower to grow usually then other areas. blood flow maybe? there isn't any real scientific evidence I've seen to support that but makes sense.

also younger patients tend to grow faster then older and smaller sessions and ones with less density also tend to grow faster which imo points to blood flow again but who knows?

its also thought that those on fin after a HT will grow faster. is that proven? not that I'm aware of but over the years different doctors from different clinics hav experienced that with their patients.

personally I don't think ur gonna see any NEW hair growth after 12-13 months but the hairs are growing but just not visible or maturated yet. big difference from NEW hairs which are often confused with those u jus can't see yet.

Edited by BUSA

Thanks, I`d really appreciate it. I also agree that the effect would be due to maturation only, and that it will be observable rather in the crown area. Still curious as to any showcases ;) To me it remains a myth until I`ve seen at least one credible example.

this is totally due to the stoppage of minoxidil at 6 months

happened to a friend of mine

it all grew back within the next 18months albeit not as dark, which was good because it looked like his hair was dyed when on minox

looking good 404

you are right about the starting and stopping minox, which syncs the growth phase

give it a full 24 months after you stopped minox before thinking of a round 2

(if you start fin then add another year)

congrats on the baby

it all grew back within the next 18months albeit not as dark, which was good because it looked like his hair was dyed when on minox

looking good 404

you are right about the starting and stopping minox, which syncs the growth phase

congrats on the baby

I agree BUSA, I am still seeing maturation at 16.5 months post op, just keeps getting better. Now that I've restarted minoxidil I should see some more regrowth within the next few months as well. In any case I will keep this thread updated up to 24 months to see the difference between 12 and 24 months post op. If the result is much better at 24 months than 12 months (which is looking to be the case so far) than I would consider that a big win, considering that I am not taking any DHT inhibitors.

2516 grafts FUT - Dr. Rahal Sept 2013

1523 grafts FUT - Dr. Rahal Feb 2016

4039 total grafts

looking good 404

congrats on the baby

Thanks rev333. I am back on the minoxidil now (foam this time) and will stay the course this time.

4039 total grafts

I can edit both if you'd like. It may be helpful to add a more descriptive title and an addendum to the first post. Let me know what you'd like it to say and I'll make some edits.

Blake_Bloxham, I have sent you a PM. thanks.

4039 total grafts

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is all down to your Minoxodil usage.

Maybe the moral of this story is don't take Minoxidil.

I hate the drug myself and even though I had some hair surgeons suggest I use it, I wouldn't entertain the thought for longer than 5 seconds.

Back in 2009 I was having Facial edema's and wrinkle formation after about 6 months of usage. I wouldn't touch the stuff again if my life depended on it.

It's obviously effected your hair cycle and you'll need more time to see the final outcome.

Unfortunate, but most likely true.

But it's not all bad my friend, you still have hair on your head, you may just need to rethink your hair style for a few more months.

On the fence? This is ridiculous. Did he tell you this before you had your surgery or are you finding this out now? Who would want to have surgery if the doctor says before a surgery that the result could have gone either way???

Did he show you examples of FUE into scar that he's performed to show you that this option is real or were they just words used to pacify you? It is kind of convenient that after one failed strip he says that you weren't a good candidate to begin with but you might be able to have FUE. The money milking is unbelievable. Was this also explained to you before your strip surgery, that you only had one surgery in you and that FUE would be necessary for any more work and what the expense of FUE would be? How much more is FUE than strip? I hope you update us all on how this goes. There are too many missing patients. Seems like once they talk to their doctor they fade away. Complain, talk to doctor, then exit stage left.

Really?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html

How do you always stand behind your patients? If you do a do-over what happens if that doesn't grow well? Do you do more surgery? Do you give a refund? I don't think there is a legitimate way to make up for bad growth. If you give a refund what happens to the hair that was wasted? It's gone and there is a scar left as a smiling reminder and the patient has no way to get that donor hair back. That's what I went through and is why I have to shave my head now. I've accepted it and it looks good but it wasn't by choice which is why I think the idea of saying you stand behind your patients is useless. You can't give him his donor hair back, you can't get rid of his donor scar and you can't put him back on the fence since you already knocked him off.

I like your approach :cool: Sai it like it is! ;)

Sorry guys! Don't know how I missed those queries.

Haha, yes I do have an "epic" signature! I believes it assists others though on what to maybe avoid and investigate when new to the hair loss game. Maybe I'll cull it down a tad.

Sunnycool, how are you mate?

Yes, I do go a little above and beyond these days its down to a fine art I guess. The fin has not cause any major concerns coming in to my 11th year, also my third year of DUT added to the mix. All good so far.

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 3 years later...