Dr Rahal 2512 FUE

ftbpicks

Can you give me some insight to how long it took for initial healing? I want be able to return back to work after 3 weeks and I am in the military, I am just wondering if the head is still looking wounded at that point. I am looking into FUE method with Rahal as well. Did you exp any scarring? Where you able to do this on one sitting ?

I was off for two weeks and then went back to work. It will be a bit red in the both areas but nothing crazy. I can shave my sides and back down to a 1.5 guard and nobody can see any scaring but i would imagine if i shaved my head down to nothing you would see very small white dots from the extractions. I did my 2500 in one siting

Hope this helps and good luck

Yes this helps, being in the military I want to cut down the donor area shorter, I never go below 1.5 myself, so that is good to know it is not noticeable at that range. I am starting to be under the assumption though that no matter what at 3 weeks ppl will know something is up with my head. Will I be able to do physical training at this point ?

Yes this helps, being in the military I want to cut down the donor area shorter, I never go below 1.5 myself, so that is good to know it is not noticeable at that range. I am starting to be under the assumption though that no matter what at 3 weeks ppl will know something is up with my head. Will I be able to do physical training at this point ?

Yeah I pretty much just told everyone about my surgery as not showing you care most people won't either. People will notice for sure but it passes quickly and then you will have it grow in. You should be able to as the grafts are set by then and the shed starts to happen

Yes after three weeks of one can resume physical activity because the wounds have healed by then. Also even if you keep your hair very short on the back of the scalp in less than three months the scar will not visible. The stitch line are so thin that even a close hair cut will not reveal it.

I am planning on getting FUE because of being in the military. Looks like I am getting deployed now the time frame I was looking at before, have to wait till I get back, at least I will make the money to pay for it up front on the deployment so that is great.

FUE is a nonscar procedure and it will also take less time to heal so before you are deployed and if you have a couple of weeks time you can get this procedure done or when you are back from deployment get it then. Better to get done after deployment

It is tempting, I could take off like 3 weeks before leaving, but I just don't want to risk having something mess up, very very unlikely but still a tiny risk. When I get back I won't be eligible to deploy for some time, so probably best bet. I wld rather do it when deployed because I could just keep shaving my head to a low grade and start letting it grow back in the last few months.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ftbpicks,

We're so happy to see how great your hair looks!

Thanks for your continued support!

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

• 2 years later...

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to give a quick update on my surgery as its been just over 4 years. With my continued use of 1/8th of a Proscar pill my hair is maintaining its thickness and original look of my 2 year progress pics. I cannot express in words how this surgery has changed my outlook on my appearance and self confidence. Now that I look back how I felt previous to my surgery I 100% would recommend not only my doctor but taking the plunge into hair restoration. 

Its been life changing and If I can be help to anyone out there please let me know.

Thanks everyone

• Like 1

I thought I would add some pics of my hair after 4 years to show how it has held up after quite a few years of time. 

First two are with no product after a shower and blow dry and the last 2 are with just a small bit of clay for styling purposes. I never have to use any enhancers for fill.

Very happy that it has not gone backwards in terms of more hairloss or thinning

What is everyones thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.50.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.51.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.51.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 8.51.52 PM.png

Fantastic result!  I'm 47 and have been contemplating hair transplant.  Love Rahal and Konior's work.  If i could get a guarantee of something like your result, i'd be signed up already.  I'm NW 2-3A ish type loss, which at my age is good, but i have thin caliber hair that is light brown in color and is causing me some doubts about going forward with it.  

Do you know the caliber of your hair?   

Again, great result!

6 minutes ago, RG71 said:

Fantastic result!  I'm 47 and have been contemplating hair transplant.  Love Rahal and Konior's work.  If i could get a guarantee of something like your result, i'd be signed up already.  I'm NW 2-3A ish type loss, which at my age is good, but i have thin caliber hair that is light brown in color and is causing me some doubts about going forward with it.  

Do you know the caliber of your hair?   

Again, great result!

Thanks a lot!  Dr Rahal told me i was a mid to fine caliber and he was strategic in the placement of mutilples to create the illusion of thicker density. He is very good at what he does and its no fluke why most of his clients are very happy. There are no guarantees in surgery but it is a lot higher chance of high success with a reputable doctor thats for sure.

I had tons of doubts going in but once i was there i felt at ease very quickly after my pre op meeting. It was a scary experience but I actually look back at the whole thing and remember it is a very positive time in Ottawa. Met lots of great people who I still keep in touch with through social media and had really liked his whole setup as it made it more comfortable than just being somewhere by myself in a hotel

Good luck 

3 minutes ago, RG71 said:

That's great, thanks for the reply.  Just curious, do you think you're done or are you considering future work?

I think i am pretty much done as i really just wanted to reform my hairline as it fell out in a weird pattern. It will thin more over time which is natural but i think I will be okay with that as I age. 

Who knows maybe in ten years i might do a touch up but the way I feel right now I kind of doubt it. I went in with way lower expectations than most people and it exceeded what I expected to ever look like again so I most likely won't be going back for additional work