Dr Rahal 2512 FUE

ftbpicks

Congrats on the results, looking really good. I spent 6 months researching hair transplants, and ended up ignoring everyone's advice to not let long distance limit options. For me I felt strongly that it was important for me to live/work close to my hair surgeon. Therefore I ended up narrowing my choices to True & Dorin, Dr Feller, Dr Bernstein, and Dr Wesley in NY/NJ. Ended up get strip for approx 2,500 grafts in July of last year. In hindsight I now realize how unnecessary it was to limit my options the way I did. The results have been outstanding (I will post my story soon with the pics) so far, and I am gearing up to start consultations with Dr Rahal in July this year to have an additional surgery to add density and just touch up the hairline ever so slghtly. Looking at another 2,000 grafts. Don't get me wrong, my NY selected surgeon far exceeded my expectations, but if I could go back in time and do it again, I would definitely have gone with either H&W or Dr Rahal. To everyone out there deciding on a surgeon, please please please don't let travel and distance be a factor. There is really no reason to be close to your surgeon at all. I went back a couple of times for cleaning, and then a week later to get the sutures removed. I could easily have stayed in Ottawa for a week and had the sutures removed by another doc in NY.

These are some fantastic results so far!

Thanks for sharing your experience with Dr. Rahal's clinic. It's because of people like you on this forum over the past couple years that I was able to actually take the plunge and finally schedule my procedure with Dr. Rahal for this coming Monday.

And your results and feedback about your experience only make me more confident and excited about choosing Dr. Rahal for my procedure.

Thanks again for sharing - can't wait to follow your progress throughout the year!

• 3 weeks later...
Alright here are my 6 month photos

1st two are from a few days ago and the next two are from my haircut today.

The last two are from the day before my surgery for comparison sake just to show the crazy difference so far at the halfway mark only.

That's a fantastic result. Looks great. Makes me interested how the 2700 grafts in my front will look (our patterns are different, I'm a so-so Norwood V). I had problems in the crown area too, so Dr. Konior put another 1100 back there.

But if my 2700 look anything like your 2500, I'll be damn pleased :)

• 1 month later...

Looking great ftpicks! What changes have you noticed from 5 months to 10 months? I mean your hair looked great at 5 months for sure ... Did you notice a significant change in density? I am sure you did but just curious because your 5 month shots were so incredible.

Take care buddy.

Z

• 1 month later...

Almost one year!! I will post pictures in two weeks just letting my hair grow out a it more as I cut it short for summer. Nice to know I can cut it super short again but no scarring at all showed. Did it as an experiment and I couldn't see a thing with a one guard even.

• 4 months later...
Any updates on this case?

I get a haircut tomorrow and will post my 15 almost 16 month update.

Its true what they say once you get it done if you are happy you just move on and don't pay much attention to hairloss. Its so great not worrying about it anymore.

Funny thing is yesterday one of my new staff that never saw me before my surgery or during the recovery heard thru the grapevine that i was very much missing my hair in the past and couldn't believe it as she said my hair looked so full and natural to another coworker of hers.

That is the true testament to a great surgery!

Dr Rahal gave me back my confidence for sure

Here is a pic of me and my wife at around 13 months

IMG_2143.thumb.jpg.338676b6b3fa19a657d70da788b4ceba.jpg

• Like 1

Superb result. totally suits your face and age appropriate. Are you on meds?

Thanks a lot

yeah 1/8 of a Proscar pill a day and I use Rogaine foam once a day.

My hairloss is almost non existent compared to before i went on Proscar and Rogaine.

My hair got way thicker from the meds too plus with the surgery it looks so different.

Here is my final results from after todays haircut. I had my surgery Sept 17th 2014.

I couldn't be happier with my results. Looks so natural and nobody can tell I had surgery that just meets me now. Of course anybody that does know me from the past does but other than that not one negative comment other than recovery time for the first few months.

I would recommend Dr Rahal 100% to anyone looking to get their hair back and has the means to do so.

Here are some pics of before and some today from my haircut. One is in bright light from the front and one from the back which is not best as its from the lower res cam on my phone. And one in lower light. I also can't see any scaring from the surgery in the back and that is a 1.5 guard on the sides and back. The light is a bit harsh and isn't as detailed as i would like so i will get another one soon when someone can take it for me from the back.

5b32ea8a4fded_oldfront.JPG.80b5e9bc5632110cde426a8f7a508ef4.JPG

5b32ea8a654af_oldheaddown.JPG.554965d1e2b1916014bf318191eda3df.JPG

5b32ea8a74bc7_lowerfrontview.thumb.jpg.168213f88be66ea53d35b73fb1881252.jpg

5b32ea8a9360d_frontbrightlight.thumb.JPG.c9acd102b7d1e7431d0f44b3c2a8d796.JPG

5b32ea8ac1ba6_backbrightlight.JPG.bfcc1f6aaf8eaa7a873fa895bf606a18.JPG

Really happy for you dude. As home says, this and zxtoth's are probably the best Rahal FUE (or frankly the best from any clinic) results I've seen.

Thanks a lot

I just hope this helps others like me who are going thru the same anxiety and not sure what to do. I really relied on this forum to make the jump and glad to help others if they need it in the future with info and other support.

:D

• 6 months later...

Hey everyone just wanted to follow up now that it has almost been 2 years. Things are still going strong and so glad i did this surgery. I only use the rogaine 5% once a day and cut a proscar 12 ways which seems to be keeping the result strong.

Even gave Dr Rahals info to someone yesterday as they were so impressed by my result as they are wanting to regain a bit if their youth :D

Hope everyone is well

Hey everyone just wanted to follow up now that it has almost been 2 years. Things are still going strong and so glad i did this surgery. I only use the rogaine 5% once a day and cut a proscar 12 ways which seems to be keeping the result strong.

Even gave Dr Rahals info to someone yesterday as they were so impressed by my result as they are wanting to regain a bit if their youth :D

Hope everyone is well

Thanks for the update mate and congratulations on your final result. This thread contributed to my decision to go with Dr Rahal for my 2nd procedure, and it was proven to be the right decision. Thank you for sharing your story

• Like 1

Hope everyone is well

Can you give me some insight to how long it took for initial healing? I want be able to return back to work after 3 weeks and I am in the military, I am just wondering if the head is still looking wounded at that point. I am looking into FUE method with Rahal as well. Did you exp any scarring? Where you able to do this on one sitting ?