Dr Rahal 2512 FUE

ftbpicks

Hey Everyone

I had my FUE surgery on Wednesday and thought I would share how happy I am with my experience I had with Dr Rahal and team. From start to finish everything went smooth other than my freezing wearing off a few times during implanting. That was quickly resolved by the Dr. I went in expecting 2400 and ended up with 2521 grafts and more hairs at over 6000 due to a lot of 3's and 4's. I have fine hair but lots of density I guess which worried me before hand since I thought I would be lucky to get 5000 hairs.

I also stayed in the guest house which I highly recommend since it helped ease my nerves since I am absolutely petrified of needles and still can't believe I actually went thru this procedure. I have read a lot about Dr Rahal's FUT talents but I have to say him and his team have some major skills in FUE and while I have been here I see its pretty much a half and half mix with FUT and FUE.

I am a only couple days in and I have zero pain now and it already looks way better than the day before.

I was pretty much bald in the front and now I look I should have a very strong hairline that is age appropriate. My thing was just to even it out in the front and try to close the temples a bit with a touch of future proofing by placing more grafts further back for when i get older.

I am 37 so hoping it won't go back much further but if it does I will deal with that later. Proscar should help this a bit as I take it every day and plan on going on Rogaine as well to speed up the growth of my new frontal friends.

If any one has any questions feel free to let me know.

Kris

IMG_0735.jpg.b8ce92e83bfe54d61a9e55a0f475c16b.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg.94d9c22d9328b6d5b97ceca700e02042.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg.d26c68b02bc8ca636fb5ddee4402e97d.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg.a470b6ed1bfe1c5cf02f506a4b93c2d9.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg.4ee8b17f1456b3c683f290ab8b7c17ff.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg.b6a0fa30b912eeff554202e1631f583a.jpg

Edited by ftbpicks
wrong graft count info in title and thread

Hey Kris:

The placement of your grafts look very professional and will hopefully yield the results you are looking for. I have been very impressed with Dr Rahal's work (from the pictures I have viewed on this forum). If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost per graft? Thanks!

Don't worry i will be keeping everyone updated as I really feel I can add some great insight and advice based on my research and personal experience because of the long journey I had leading up to this transplant.

I feel very empowered that I made this decision to fix what has been on my mind almost daily for the last 15 or more years and would love to talk with others going thru the same internal struggle.:D

Kelly did most of my cleanings and Mike did one on a Saturday when the clinic was mostly closed

They were both great to deal with and very patient with all my questions.

Going to pick up some regene shampoo for when i can start using regular shampoo tomorrow as its my last day in Ottawa before I head home

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

honestly went back to work after only 16 days and it looked a bit red but now after two months I am already getting a ton of new hairs and not red at all.

I am very excited to see what it looks like in a few months :D

This was done in one sitting correct? That is a big procedure for Dr. Rahal great to see. The work looks like the clean work we've come to expect from Dr. Rahal. Good luck growing.

yeah it was all in one day but didn't take that long as it went very smooth. I had one rough night of pain but after that it was smooth sailing. I have been getting some breakouts in the recipient and donor areas and it usually goes away after a few days in each area..its to be expected for most people from what i read on here and according to the clinic

Edited by ftbpicks

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my three month pics. It seems to be getting better almost daily with new hairs coming in. It looks better in person than pics but thats what everybody says I guess.:)

Let me know what you think

5b32e33c1ce1c_3monthfront.jpg.5391377c0df12baafd6e070c0bda6ed4.jpg

5b32e33c36458_3monthfrontaboveshot.jpg.00f7eb078c78099ac2c5bb2fff799bee.jpg

5b32e33c42f8e_3monthverytop.jpg.347e81b394a3e7eb3a601047033c9a4e.jpg

Edited by ftbpicks

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing what the upcoming months bring.

I have my initial assessment in early February (5th?) with Dr. Rahal's clinic.

One question: What level of density did he put in the grafts in the front?

Have a great holiday season!

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing what the upcoming months bring.

I have my initial assessment in early February (5th?) with Dr. Rahal's clinic.

One question: What level of density did he put in the grafts in the front?

Have a great holiday season!

Thanks a lot!

He put just under 50cm2 in the front and it went lower as it got to the back

• 3 weeks later...

That is going to be an excellent result. I just scheduled my second procedure with Dr. Rahal for September, and can't wait to get back in the chair to finish everything off!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 weeks later...

here are my couple days before 4 months pics.....things are really growing in and my staff at work and friends are really noticing the difference. Cant wait to see the 5 month and 6 month results.

the first one is under harsh bathroom lights and the other more natural light from my skylight in my other bathroom.

IMG_1301.jpg.47f623af72bd92bd813a4aa2d174c024.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg.370a37bf2aa9209ff48a1d436dd94e57.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg.2c9cce4dfadf9df5a57509abd525109c.jpg

Looks really fantastic at 4 months, buddy!! Excellent. Plus the harsh light photos really help provide an accurate portrayal of your current state!! Months 4-8 were my favorite in terms of growth, so it's going to be an exciting 4 months for you. Looking forward to seeing your next update!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.