Can there be different timescales on regrowth between 1st and 2nd HT?

On my first HT I started seeing hair regrowth after 3 and a half months. I had my second hair transplant 4 and a half months ago and see only a few tiny hairs. On my first HT by 4 and a half months my regrowth was a lot, lot better. I think it was about 40-50% of my final results. This one seems to be 1% of my final results. I thought the rates would be consistent with each other. First time it was FUT and this time it is FUE. I know growth rates are better with FUT. It was 3 years ago.

logo,

Well it certainly is not unusual for the regrowth to be a tad bit slower. One reason for this is because of the compromised blood flow within the recipient area from the first procedure.

In addition, it can be a bit harder to see the new grafts from the second procedure because of more hair density from the first procedure.

You may find that the majority of your yield is manifested between 6 and 9 months.

How many grafts was your first procedure and how many on your second?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY