This patient is his 20's from Italy started losing his hair at a very early age. In an attempt to regain his youthful appearance he turned to artificial hair implants. As we have presented in the past, this solution is not a good choice for the long term. The foreign body represented by the artificial hair creates inflammation and can lead to infection in the area.

You can see some irregularity of the skin as a result of the implants in one of the pre-op photos. Once the artificial hairs are removed, the skin can heal and transplanting into those areas has been proven to be quite successful as is the case here. When he sought out help from Dr. Hasson, fortunately he had a nice supply of donor hair. As with any other patient with this degree of hair loss and donor supply, Dr. Hasson rebuild a new hairline and frontal zone working into the mid scalp as far back as necessary. The priority of course was the front and top.

No grafts were placed in the crown, this area was left to medication. He started Proscar at the time of his surgery. This result is approximately 15 months post-op. The post op photos were taken when the patient came to meet Dr Hasson in Italy and not at our clinic.

5444 Grafts

1797 - 1's

3244 - 2's

403 - 3-4's

54838_85509a_9f0fcc.jpg

54853_011eca_f94f33.jpg

54865_424134_c3d7fe.jpg

54870_e3b967_a2943b.jpg

54875_afbb6a_45387d.jpg

54885_8f9749_7fc436.jpg

54891_41f41a_b11bd6.jpg

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'm concerned about of the presentation of this case as it might look better than it actually is because of the long hair being combed over. Before my HT I had severe loss in the front left and thinning in the front right. I grew my hair long and parted it from right to left making me look like i didnt really have a hair loss issue. Just have a look at my post.

I reiterate my point. The illusion of coverage is excellent but with extensive pre ht hairloss and the hair styling is a bit "covered" and lacking seeing what is behind the comb over, I am doubting the "wow-ness" presentation of this case is projecting.

Thanks very much for all your comments. I think it is safe to agree that result is life changing for such a young guy who had tried artificial hair to solve his hair loss before.

As for the comment about these photos not representing the truth of this case here's my thoughts. This patient came to see Dr Hasson during one of his trips to Italy we have no time to style or manipulate the patients hair we take the patient as they are and how they wish to style their hair is down to the individual. From what I have seen over the years patients once the transplant has grown in tend to replicate the hairstyle they used to have before their hair got too thin to continue to style it that way.

It took me around 1 year to work out how best to wear my hair to create the best illusion of density and I think most patients go through that period and you will probably do the same

Transplants are all about an illusion of density you said the illusion was excellent so I thank you for your kind words because that is the purpose of a transplant creating an illusion whether we are filling in temples on a Norwood 2 or covering the entire top of a Norwood 6's head it is all about creating an illusion of density. (I will try to stop using the word illusion)

Going back to this case by wearing most of his transplanted hair over his forehead he is actually making the result of his hair look thinner in the mid scalp. Now if he were to take that mop of hair that is covering his forehead and most of it is and brush it across his mid scalp and hairline the result would look much thicker and the illusion (oops) would be tenfold. We have included hairline shots so the density is there to see we are not hiding this like some clinics are showing hairline work without actually correctly displaying the hairline.

As for your situation pre op it is totally different whilst I 100% agree with you that if you carefully style your hair in such a way you can minimize the appearance of loss but you were applying concealer to get that look. You also have far more hair than this guy pre op. This guy is rocking the long hair look because he can, most patients with very low density would never get away with this look as it would be too thin and straggly.

He came to see us the previous year to show off his results just 5 months post op. I had no reason to show them before as it bears no relevance to the final result but in this case what is does show is that even at that stage he was exceptionally happy with his hair and the smile on his face says it all. He is wearing a much shorter look at 5 months already the cosmetic improvement was huge.

With the improvement his hair has gone through 5 months until these shots were taken he would he could easily wear his hair much shorter but it is his hair and he looks pretty happy right?

compare.jpg

---

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Thanks for the additional photo. Exceptional outcome from Dr. Hasson as we all come expect.

The problem was initially presenting this case without lifting up the fringe to show what was behind it.

Now that its been done, we can all view it "warts and all" and hence can give much better and accurate feedback. Thanks for sharing coverage is actually really great.

Thanks KO, don't know why but I can't get the song 'Just an Illusion' by Imagination and yes I am showing my age here out of my head.

The original patient is so happy with his new hair that he allowed us to post a couple of photos that he had recently taken showing of his new looks and hair. So great to see the confidence back in a young guy like this.

1.jpg

6.jpg

---