Carlos K. Wesley, M.D. (NYC) - Good Things in Small Packages?

This 44-year-old gentleman desired more fullness in the frontal half of his scalp to "frame his face" more effectively. His primary emphasis was that his appearance be natural. With an average donor density and a relatively tight scalp, approximately 1700 grafts were generated using follicular unit transplantation (FUT). Despite this relatively modest number of grafts, the patient is demonstrating early growth at 8 months that are achieving his goals.

Slide05.jpg

Slide06.jpg

Slide04.jpg

Slide03.jpg

Slide02.jpg

Excellent work recreating the patient's natural hairline. It looks like he exhibited a bit of a frontal cowlick, and I think it was very wise of Dr. Wesley to recreate the pattern. Well done!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair question, KO. We had numerous discussions regarding FUE or FUT. Essentially, the density (via use of FFs) was most important in the patient's eyes as well as the importance of having more protective tissue around the stem cell-containing portion of each graft. I'll have our office post a video of his donor as it looks great and he can wear his hair at a very short length.

• 1 month later...