Hair Transplant Surgeon in London?

bedrib

Hi,

I am new to the forum and for the past couple years I have been going thru hair loss. I have decided to get a transplant, I am 25 yrs old and live in London. I have either London or Turkey in mind, I have done a lot of research about getting the surgery done in Turkey but I want to put London into consideration as well. Can people recommend me proven with great result surgeries or surgeons in the London area please ? I have attached a photo to give idea about my hair loss condition. Thank you.

A97EFE2DD530FCF0DCC5E7F7DFE73C71.jpg.839a1631dd089a0f8205c08e658110d3.jpg

8F83E00894C7EC16905248DE1F516763.jpg.19165e0f106eb3d5b9108d54b8b5df42.jpg

F804181C584E2076A2B42AF6797413FF.jpg.78860b6f15dfb9620612f5bd23adbdee.jpg

9D92218385DA9C3DE54DCE7E35299D3C.jpg.3a482175ec854cf4cbe4a7a8ec4aa76f.jpg

bedrib,

Welcome! You can use our interactive map to find all of the hair transplant surgeons we recommend in a given area. To learn about our criteria for recommending surgeons, click here.

In London we recommend Dr. Bessam Farjo and Dr. Raghu Reddy.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your recommendations, I will get in touch with these surgeons and get some more insight about the procedure.

In the meantime I am thinking about using Minoxidil, are there any side affects to using this ? Also would you recommend me using this at this stage ? Could you give me more information about this everybody is being going around saying this stuff really works. I have used a number of different types of these medications in the past and they have not worked for me at all. If you can give me more insight to this I will really appreciate it.

Minoxidil and propecia are the two main players in hair loss. Both can have side affects but most people are ok on them, however i would start them separately to assume whats doing what.Personally i would avoid a HT at your age and given aggressive hair loss as you seem to have poor donor area given the required coverage. Dont go with one assessment and do plenty of research to avoid a poor chioce for life.Me i do Dutasteride EOD and this thicken up my hair, but the temples just kept thining out so i had a HT with Dr Hakan in Turkey to which im very happy with as previous HT in Uk was a waste of time donor and money.

Heavy diffuse hairloss in the donor area may make you a poor HT candidate. You're 25 and showing advance hairloss and your donor area looks weak. You may not have much hair left when you're 45. The transplanted hairs might fall in line with hairloss of your donor hair.

So what would you guys recommend in my case ? in order to strengthen my hair and reduce hair loss ? Who could I consult for this matter ? What is EOD and you talked about the side affects of Minoxidil could you elaborate this by any chance ?

Hi,

I am new to the forum and for the past couple years I have been going thru hair loss. I have decided to get a transplant, I am 25 yrs old and live in London. I have either London or Turkey in mind, I have done a lot of research about getting the surgery done in Turkey but I want to put London into consideration as well. Can people recommend me proven with great result surgeries or surgeons in the London area please ? I have attached a photo to give idea about my hair loss condition. Thank you.

Your donor area does look weak. Basically transplantation is about taking your dense hair from the back of your head and covering a bald area to make it look thick. Given that your donor area is already thin the results on top would be even thinner.

Also, your hairs at the back may not be stable and will disappear after a few years making you bald again and exposing the scarring.

There are still doctors out there who will take you for a ride so proceed with caution.

have a look at scalp micro pigmentation options as an alternative.

EOD = every other day.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Your donor area does look weak. Basically transplantation is about taking your dense hair from the back of your head and covering a bald area to make it look thick. Given that your donor area is already thin the results on top would be even thinner.

Also, your hairs at the back may not be stable and will disappear after a few years making you bald again and exposing the scarring.

There are still doctors out there who will take you for a ride so proceed with caution.

have a look at scalp micro pigmentation options as an alternative.

EOD = every other day.

Thank you Matt for making me aware of this situation. If I start using Minoxidil do you that could help, if their anything that I could use to start strengthening the hair at all ?

Bedrib,

Couldn't agree more with Matt, sometimes you have to deliver bad news that not everyone is a candidate for this procedure and that they should just shave their head and move on it doesn't make you popular when people have got themselves round to the idea that a transplant is going to work for them.

Your donor is very weak at this stage neither FUT or FUE should be a consideration for you as you don't have the number of hairs to move to make a significant cosmetic improvement. That's my view and whilst some clinics and people on here will be of the opinion that you might have enough fue grafts to give you a hairline that is likely all you will achieve. You just have too much loss on top and the donor is too diffuse, sorry.

You should get on minox and you might see some improvement in the donor if you start on Propecia these to might improve things enough that you could consider a small surgery in the future. You should give things a full year and review at that stage.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thank you guys for your honestly and help. So far I have spoken two surgeons in Turkey one of them name Avrupa Hair clinic. They advised that I would need 4500 - 5000 grafts. Today I have spoken to Dr Keser and he had advised me exactly what you guys have said that I am not a candidate for the surgery for the time. He told me to start using Minoxidil for the next 4 months and review with him again to see the progress and take it from their. I will share my experience with you guys along the journey. I hope the hair loss will stop and I can strengthen my hair within the next couple of months.