3034 FUE Grafts, Dr Bhatti Chandigarh India

ash809

So folks, as the subject goes, Yes i finally did it. Got my HT done on 1st of Sept 2014.

Brief Intro:

About Myself :

I am 28yr old Male originally from India but been living in US for past 6 yrs now. I have started having hair fall since the age of 25(when i was in US). It became severe and by the time i could act up on it, i was already bald. I tried different treatments (Homeopathy, Ayurveda) but of very little help. So last year was when i realized i have a very bad baldness(Norwood V) and that's when i decided to go for a HT.

My first HT was a disaster ,partly coz i din't do my homework right in choosing the right surgeon. I went to Dr.Batra's HT clinic in Hyderabad,India. They not only cheated me with all the false hopes and promises, but wasted my precious grafts and left me with a ugly scar.Its been 8 months into my 1st HT and i can easily say,there's nothing or very little growth.

Research & Knowledge of Dr.Bhatti :

In these past 8 months, I have become very active over this forum ,to know about all the post op care and stuff. That's when i realized there's so many established renowned HT surgeons all across the globe. I had decided that i needed to go for 2nd HT and that too very soon. I had done my research and narrowed in on 3-4 surgeons based on my convenience and Budgeting. Of those was Dr.Bhatti.

I had spoken to Dr.Bhatti about my situation and he was very kind to give response back initially. The one thing i liked about Dr.Bhatti and his clinic is , they are readily accessible all the time. He was very prompt in replying to all my queries and when i got all the confidence i needed, We had a skype chat and he told me that i needed 5000-5500 grafts for my surgery and that should be done in 2 phases with 2nd surgery 6 months away from 1st.( This procedure was recommended and was feasible option for me).In 1st Surgery he would harvest 3500 grafts from my scalp which go on front and mid scalp. And 2nd surgery would be for 2000 grafts which go on Crown area. That made alot of sense and so I booked my slot with Dr.Bhatti on 1st Sept 2014 with another 6 months later.

Day Before Surgery :

I had reached India 4 days before, spent time with family and we reached traveled Chandigarh on 31st afternoon. We stayed in hotel AB's which Dr.Bhatti's clinic had suggested and we also got discount for it which was really nice of them. We went to the clinic (walking dist from clinic) at 3.30 PM and met Dr.Bhatti.

He had a closer look at my donor area and said that my 1st HT had damaged alot of my donor grafts and he said he can at the max try to harvest 2200-2500 and probably another 400-500 from my Beard. I was a little disappointed and cursing myself for not doing enough research for my 1st HT, but can't go back into past and change things. So i made up my mind that i would max get 3000 grafts and that too if my luck's good.

Day of Surgery :

I reached clinic at sharp 7.30 AM and had a consultation again with doc regarding my hairline and i was given the antibiotic and moved into the surgery room by 8AM.

Harvesting & Making Slits (8AM - 12.50PM) :

So the procedure began at 8 AM and Dr.Bhatti started extracting grafts from my donor area. Donor area extraction was done by around 11.20AM. Donor extraction was as smooth as it can be. I had literally zero pain,trust me on that. But i was a little scared about BHT. I was asked to sit up with my back resting at 45 degrees. Dr.Bhatti started giving anesthesia and that was uncomfortable but the pain was not much. Its all bearable. And the Beard extraction went off very smoothly as well. Harvesting was all done by 12.10PM. Now it was time for making slits and it was all done by 12.50PM .

Lunch (15-20mins ) : I had finished my lunch in 20mins.

Graft Implantation(1PM -4.40PM) :

So by now i had got to know about the number of grafts extracted and was glad with the count and the break down goes like this :

Singles - 859

Doubles - 1111 (fancy eh ;))

Triples - 531

533 Beard Hair.

Dr.Bhatti's team had started implanting the grafts into the slits made by Dr.Bhatti, Dr.Bhatti came by quite a few times to check on how its been done, which made me really happy as he's always been there all through the surgery. Implanting process was all done by 4.40PM and the donor area was all dressed up and i was given meds for the night. We reached back to hotel by 5.30 and Doc has suggested me to sit and watch some TV and get some sleep at midnight. I did the same, though it was a little uncomfortable sleeping upright and not moving, but i managed to get some sleep over night.

Day after Procedure :

I reached clinic at 8.30 AM in the morning. They Dr.Bhatti's team had showed me how to do shampoo and also explained to me how to take care of transplanted hair. They explained to me all the meds i need to take and remaining post op care that has to be followed which included the medical kit that they gave out. It was all done by 9.30 AM and i had a consultation again with the doc and i got the medical certificate from the clinic for my travel back to US.

On the same day, i took flight back to Hyderabad, India . Back with family and friends and resting now till i travel back to US on 7th of Sept.:D

I was really impressed with the professionalism and the care that they had taken not only during my surgery but also during my stay in Chandigarh. Dr.Bhatti is a one honest and skilled doc and above all a very nice human being. I am really thankful that i got my HT done with him.

I will keep updating this thread with my progress and will be glad to help out people,to best of my knowledge, having confusion with anything.

Fingers crossed, hoping for the best.:)

I have attached few pre op and day 0 and day 1 pics

20140805_205031.jpg.5af74d6e95c0a6a6f4af1ab484d8ea68.jpg

20140805_205020.jpg.fcb46d1fa08602462ed32d958a2cb77c.jpg

DSC_1463.jpg.d36a7f935e29d057684e299fb56eb327.jpg

DSC_1469.jpg.39ba58a750261e7f92eacc0a58fc3148.jpg

DSC_1471.jpg.b298a79cc1b8fb4cfc4b5369b7e20307.jpg

DSC_1479.jpg.e61351a0c56505aa5e5d7acce5148bfb.jpg

Edited by ash809

Congratulations. All the best for the next 14 day recovery treatment and for the next 12 months

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

All,

Posting day 2 post op pics. These pics were taken under the light.

The dressing came off from the donor area today and also a closer look at the implanted grafts and my beard hair. Also, I had a little bump on top of my head, hence the bleeding. Spoke to Dr.Bhatti and he said its a minor bump which could have damaged some 20 odd grafts.

Just a caution that these implanted grafts have to be dealt with very carefully for initial days.

Suggestions/Comments welcomed.

20140903_121527.jpg.e66b0dd419c46535857a72755f8d605a.jpg

20140903_121055.jpg.7498cfd6f042abe1e845f6678a9e872f.jpg

20140903_121037.jpg.ce118627b857190c1bd359ade8a1e9e9.jpg

20140903_120558.jpg.076960d2e7355969a8f4a84cd7d76f09.jpg

All,

Posting day 2 post op pics. These pics were taken under the light.

The dressing came off from the donor area today and also a closer look at the implanted grafts and my beard hair. Also, I had a little bump on top of my head, hence the bleeding. Spoke to Dr.Bhatti and he said its a minor bump which could have damaged some 20 odd grafts.

Just a caution that these implanted grafts have to be dealt with very carefully for initial days.

Suggestions/Comments welcomed.

Looks great.

I too have scheduled a HT with Dr Bhatti for next week.

A few questions

1. How was the pain while initially when administering anaesthesia on the scalp?

2. How long does the pain last after the anaesthesia wears off?

3. After the HT, how many does signs of blood last?

4. Did you opt for the standard package or premium package?

5. Are you wearing a hat or cap to protect the grafts from sunlight/dust?

@Sethticles,

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words.

@dds

To answer your questions,

1) Pain was very minimal, if not anything to be really honest

2)I actually did not feel much pain after the procedure, partly coz am on meds, which go on for 5days post procedure

3)Signs of blood is not something which would be really visible, in my case i had a bump on my head. Hence the blood spot else it should be fine.

4)Mine was a standard package.

5)There's a Clinic recommended cap which you wear if you are travelling outside.

I hope this information helps. Good luck for your HT!!!

imo u need far more grafts. more like 4500-5000 or possibly even 6000 grafts. its quite thin and sparse in the middle and won't do much to add any density to the top.

with his very low prices I don't see why u can't go back for another 2000 or so grafts. his hairlines have seemed to improved over the last couple years but they still need some tweaking imo.

sry about the strip scar. another reason to steer clear from fut.

I would have expected that at least some experts would comment :confused::(

But am not discouraged, ill keep posting :D

Hi Ash,

Thank you for sharing and thanks for not getting discouraged. Please know that even if you might not get the forum members responding to your updates, your progress reports are still extremely helpful for so many fellow hair loss sufferers out there. A lot of folks get started on their HT journey but not everyone is willing to share as diligently as you are.

Thanks again and please keep the updates coming.

Best wishes,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Congrats buddy!! and all the very best!

But one question.. how was it like when they did beard? and wont it look odd as in the back of head scar wont be very much visible and here it might ?

wrong. the beard extractions show even less visible scaring then the scalp. especially from bhatti who is one the best in the world for beard extractions.

@BUSA

You maybe right in saying that i need more grafts on top and middle. But, as Dr.Bhatti had said they could only harvest around 3000 grafts(thanks to my HT 1 damage) and he did the best he could to implant them. Now all i can do is hope all of these grow and maybe look at around another 2500 grafts for next session.

wrong. the beard extractions show even less visible scaring then the scalp. especially from bhatti who is one the best in the world for beard extractions.

Totally correct, BUSA

Wanted to add one more point. For beard grafts, Dr. Bhatti targets only the underside of the chin. He calls it the "shadowy area" of the chin. That area of the chin would be visible only if you were to tilt your head backwards. So, on top of the fact that there is either no scarring or very minimal scarring (if at all), the donor area is not readily visible.

Thank you,

California.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

@hairisimportant

As BUSA had said, BHT actually wont leave any scar or spots. You can look at my Day 4 pics and clearly make out that there's not much that is visible considering 533 grafts were harvested from there. And also, the regarding the pain, only anesthesia was a little uncomfortable as i put it my surgery write up. Rest is all manageable.

@Sethticles,

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words.

@dds

To answer your questions,

1) Pain was very minimal, if not anything to be really honest

2)I actually did not feel much pain after the procedure, partly coz am on meds, which go on for 5days post procedure

3)Signs of blood is not something which would be really visible, in my case i had a bump on my head. Hence the blood spot else it should be fine.

4)Mine was a standard package.

5)There's a Clinic recommended cap which you wear if you are travelling outside.

I hope this information helps. Good luck for your HT!!!

Thanks for the response.

I was told that with the premium package, transection rates would be much lower, since he uses a brand new punch.

Your post op pictures doesn't show any redness (except for the bump) which is amazing. I have seen other cases, where the redness lasts more than 3 months.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response.

I was told that with the premium package, transection rates would be much lower, since he uses a brand new punch.

Your post op pictures doesn't show any redness (except for the bump) which is amazing. I have seen other cases, where the redness lasts more than 3 months.

Good luck.

It's disappointing Dr Bhatti has this economy/premium package thing going on. EVERY surgery should be premium.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I would agree with that. based on his pricing and the fact that being from India he can charge that much less there should only be one package offered. offering an "economy package" undermines his work imo.

if u pay less it gives the impression that ur going to get inferior results. I'm not so sure you would but a surgeon should offer one package and one package only and that his BEST package.

u don't see donogan or demsroy offering lower packages. if his prices were that of lorenzo it wud make a little more sense due to the outrageous prices he charges per graft. but bhatti has some of the best priced work in the business so no need to offer more then one package imo.

It's disappointing Dr Bhatti has this economy/premium package thing going on. EVERY surgery should be premium.

Hi Matt,

I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to point out that the "Standard" vs "Premium" packages that Dr. Bhatti offers do not differ as far as the quality of care, service and expertise are concerned. The difference lies in the "add-ons" such as the lab testing, local transportation and extra charges for the no-shave technique. Using a brand new punch verses a used (sterilized) punch would not effect the HT results and I personally believe, would not affect the transection rates. The hand holding the punch is the same.....that of Dr. Bhatti. Since we don't believe in "one size fits all" we do want to give our Patients the option to pick and choose which package works better for them (since there is a price difference of INR 10, (which comes to $0.16 per graft). For example, a domestic (based in India) Patient might have his/her own transportation, might not need the no-shave technique etc. So, he/she might opt for the "Standard" package and save some money.

Again, I want to assure you and everyone else......We provide the same "PREMIUM" service to all our Patients......and the naming convention of the "packages" does not affect the service that we provide or the HT results that we produce. I have copy/pasted the details for the two packages from our website for everyone to see.

Premium package:

1. INR 99 for scalp grafts and INR 179 for body grafts.

2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling , 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)

3. New imported Harris punch used

4. No lab charges/ Post care kit charges

5. Free pick and drop while in Chandigarh

6. No extra fee for “no shave” technique (ideal for those needing lesser than 2000 scalp grafts)

Standard package:

1. INR 89 for scalp grafts and INR 169 for body grafts.

2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling, 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)

3. Used Harris punch (however it is sterilized as other instruments also are)

4. Post- procedure care kit cost and standard lab test charges – INR 5600

5. Car pick up and drop in Chandigarh @ INR 27 per Km

6. “No shave” technique : INR 20,000 shall be charged extra

Best regards,

California

• Thanks 1

perception is often reality and for someone on this forum to even comment on the different packages possibly inferring less money means less care or use of the less advanced equipment available sends a poor message to potential patients imo.

there is a reason the rests of the top clinics in the world only offer one standard of quality and thats it. its a marketing ploy and doesn't help the dr.'s image imo.

it would behoove ur clinic to offer one and one only package and offer everything u offer in ur premium package period. ur rates are cheap enough. u don't need to sell ppl on that stuff. just offer it as a standard package.

hes gettn plenty of business right now ppl wud hav no problem paying more to be fully accommodated.

Hi Matt,

I hope you are doing well. Just wanted to point out that the "Standard" vs "Premium" packages that Dr. Bhatti offers do not differ as far as the quality of care, service and expertise are concerned. The difference lies in the "add-ons" such as the lab testing, local transportation and extra charges for the no-shave technique. Using a brand new punch verses a used (sterilized) punch would not effect the HT results and I personally believe, would not affect the transection rates. The hand holding the punch is the same.....that of Dr. Bhatti. Since we don't believe in "one size fits all" we do want to give our Patients the option to pick and choose which package works better for them (since there is a price difference of INR 10, (which comes to $0.16 per graft). For example, a domestic (based in India) Patient might have his/her own transportation, might not need the no-shave technique etc. So, he/she might opt for the "Standard" package and save some money.

Again, I want to assure you and everyone else......We provide the same "PREMIUM" service to all our Patients......and the naming convention of the "packages" does not affect the service that we provide or the HT results that we produce. I have copy/pasted the details for the two packages from our website for everyone to see.

Premium package:

2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling , 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)
  6. No extra fee for “no shave” technique (ideal for those needing lesser than 2000 scalp grafts)

Standard package:

2. 85% work by Dr Bhatti (100% counseling, 100% anesthesia administration, 100% harvesting,100% slit making)

Best regards,

California

Hi Matt,

Premium package:

Standard package:

Best regards,

California

Thanks for the response. I can see how the other items on the list might be extras but I don't think it is right asking people to choose between new and old instruments.

The original poster also suggests he was told transection would be greater with the old punch.

I can't imagine anyone replying: "Just use an old punch. I don't mind if a couple of hundred extra follicles go in the bin.."

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks for the response. I can see how the other items on the list might be extras but I don't think it is right asking people to choose between new and old instruments.

The original poster also suggests he was told transection would be greater with the old punch.

I can't imagine anyone replying: "Just use an old punch. I don't mind if a couple of hundred extra follicles go in the bin.."

Hi Matt,

Fair question. Please note that I do not know who told the previous poster that the "transection rate would be greater with the old punch". I copy/pasted the text from our website and you won't find that comment anywhere.....just because that is not what we believe.

For the record, we do use sterilized punch for the Standard package BUT, a punch gets used for a few procedures only. If the life of a punch is a 100 (for example) as per the manufacturers specs, we use it only till 20. That is how safe we play. A higher transection rate has never been and will never be acceptable in our Clinic.

As you probably know, Dr. Bhatti is booked solid for 2-3 months at least. Ends up turning down a lot of patients that don't want to wait. It would have made more business sense for him to hire some HT Surgeons in his huge Clinic (with has 4 operation theatres) to be able to accommodate more patients (translating into more $$$) ....BUT.....his belief is that he can guarantee the quality that he offers only if he performs all the procedures himself. How can he take a risk of a higher transection rate for any of his patients......

We do not "sell" our Patients on any of the two packages that we offer. We provide them full disclosures and make sure that they are fully educated before they make their decision. A small price difference per graft might not mean a whole lot to someone in the West ......but it might mean a lot to a hair loss Patient from South East Asia. A Patient coming to us form North America or Europe would probably need the "add ons" that we offer (in the Premium Package) but it would not be fair for us to make our local/Indian Patients pay for the stuff that they don't want to or need to, avail.

Best regards,

California

• Thanks 1

Dr Bhatti also trains other FUE surgeons, last time I looked was over 120 surgeons, who have gone onto opening their own clinic, in some ways shooting himself in the foot, but as California says he fully booked and turning patience away, and wont hire other staff or surgeons just to make more $$$.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Dr Bhatti also trains other FUE surgeons, last time I looked was over 120 surgeons, who have gone onto opening their own clinic, in some ways shooting himself in the foot, but as California says he fully booked and turning patience away, and wont hire other staff or surgeons just to make more $$$.
yea but plenty of HT surgeons are fully booked but their fully booked due to the GREAT work they perform. bhatti is fully booked because of the GOOD work he performs with GREAT pricing.

he does great BHT but his final yield is average and his hairlines are below average. hairlines have improved tho. went from a straight line that a 6 yr old could draw to a somewhat more natural hairline these days. he shud really take notes on how Demsroy performs hairlines.

for someone needing 5000-6000 grafts and can't afford other HT surgeons he is a great choice. but, considering ull have the HT for lifetime id rather wait another year or two and save up and get it done right the first time.