Visit to Wimpole clinic, London

brizz

I recently visited the clinic for a free consultation on hair transplant. If I was to choose FUE transplant, they recommend 2000 graft at a cost of GBP 5,400 if it can be done in 1 day, GBP 7,800 if over 2 days. I left feeling I could trust the clinic but before making any decisions I could really do with any feedback from members who know of or have used this clinic.

Edited by brizz

Hey mate, from being on this forum and doing lots of research id suggest you try and choose one of the recommended surgeons on this forum. If you want to stay in the UK there is Dr. Reddy at restore hair clinic. Good priced surgery also in Belgium and Turkey with some top docs. All I would say is check out the surgeons work first. I personally wouldn't have surgery with anyone who wasn't recommended on this site. Hope you choose wise... Good luck.

Hi Is Dr May the surgeon? Dr Reddy far better than Wimpole clinic, have you spoken to them yet? I guess it depends on your budget aswell, as London81 has mentioned are are few more surgeons in Belgium and Turkey that you can contact aswell.

Im having my HT with Dr Bhatti in october, maybe u can email him few pics and see what he has to say?

Thanks to all your responses I have now looked into the Farjo clinic and the Restore clinic (Dr Reddy) and both look trustworthy. For FUE, Restore charges GBP 2.50 per hair as opposed to per graft. At 3 hair follicles per graft, say, that's GBP 7.50 per graft. Farjo charges GBP 5 per graft (for the 1st 1000). So if I had to choose between the two it would probably be Farjo.

To widen my options, as Belgium and Turkey have been mentioned, can anyone recommend a doctor there and/or the name of the clinic? Thx

Edited by brizz

The name of the surgeon I'm told is Mr Mir Malkani (FRCS).

Hope your op goes well in Oct with Dr Bhatti (in India I presume). I'm guessing the cost of HT in India is considerably cheaper than UK, even factoring flight and accommodation costs. But the standard of the surgery is the overwhelming factor, so pls let us know how it goes.

I've never heard of a clinic charging by per 'hair' before and that could sure add up! Dr Erdogan at the Asmed Clinic in Turkey may be worth a look although he tends to quote high graft numbers but I think he's only 2.50 euro per graft.