Best option for FUE?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know which top 3 surgeons I should consider? My hair at the front and crown started to thin when i was 28. im 30 now. had enough i want to get this fixed. i am based in dubai but am willing to travel anywhere in the world to get the procedure done.

Yes I agree, higher norwood then Lorenzo could be your man as he seems to be very good at coverage even with lower graft numbers. I think he does the best crowns! I can recommend Feriduni as I've just had my hairline done with him.

Never been on meds for hair loss and don't ever intend on taking a single pill to be honest. I am very anti-medicine, I can't change that.

One of the attractions to FUE despite its high cost is the fact the results are permanent.

Does anyone know the average cost of FUE with Dr.Lorenzo? I am trying to schedule it for first week December. Does anyone know if he will be in Manchester or back to Madrid at that time?

It is possible that Lorenzo will not consider you a candidate if you don't take meds, as he is a strong believer of stabilizing hair loss with medications prior to surgery for at least 6 months. His prices are 6 EU for first 1k grafts, then 4 EU for next 1k, and then 2.5EU for all grafts after that.

I've stopped losing hair though. I mean it's exactly the same now as it was a year ago.

I used to say that when I was still a NW2...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks like Lorenzo is too expensive. I am now seriously considering Dr.Bisanga in Belgium. In fact, although it seems like the best FUE surgeons are all in Europe, they are also the most expensive. Is it worth considering North America? For example, Dr. Konior? Or is the difference in FUE quality between the Americans and Europeans so great that it's worth paying a lot more to get it done in Europe?

I think that you should travel to whom you feel will deliver the best result for you and your needs. Look at the hairline design. Look at the density and the quality of the presentation. Speak to the clinics you are considering and ask a lot of questions. Does the clinic you are considering use a flash when they take photos? This is a subject I've discussed for years and most clinics do use flash which means that the result you see in the photos is not what you will see in person. In person the result will look thinner. Use your eyes when you do your research and think about what you are seeing.

Lorenzo shows video results with all different types of angles and views. He uses a comb to show density and fullness. He might be a little more expensive then others but its hard to argue with his video results. He has changed my mind on who I may choose now for my 2nd procedure after my failed first HT. Id rather pay a little more this time around rather then waste another 10gs on nothing. Dont let distance or price be your only deciding factors. You will regret it after.

I've just booked a consultation with Dr.Bisanga on the 2nd of October :) If all goes well I will go for the FUE procedure first week of December. I know the generally accepted view is that full results will not be seen for 12 months after surgery. But in certain cases is it possible to see near full results 6-7 months after the procedure? I will be going on holiday in July and would love to go with a full head of hair!

I think that you should travel to whom you feel will deliver the best result for you and your needs. Look at the hairline design. Look at the density and the quality of the presentation. Speak to the clinics you are considering and ask a lot of questions. Does the clinic you are considering use a flash when they take photos? This is a subject I've discussed for years and most clinics do use flash which means that the result you see in the photos is not what you will see in person. In person the result will look thinner. Use your eyes when you do your research and think about what you are seeing.

Thanks for the advice.

I am hoping Dr.Bisanga's clinic is one of those that produces density and fullness. I would hate a result that looks thinner than full thickness/fullness.

Never been on meds for hair loss and don't ever intend on taking a single pill to be honest. I am very anti-medicine, I can't change that.

One of the attractions to FUE despite its high cost is the fact the results are permanent.

This is exactly how i feel. Id honestly rather be bald than take pills. Now that surgery is an option, I am considering it, and despite the surgery being quite intrusive, I actually consider it more natural than popping pills every day for the rest of my life.

FUE will eventually look and feel the same. Depending on the density of the implants, more grafts in a smaller area, you will get a different end result compared to less grafts in a large area. Some people have said their hairs grew a little like wire and bent, but by 12months they should mature and grow normally, that didn't happen with me, mine grew nice a soft and look very natural from about 6months onwards. You might have a cycle of shedding around 6 months right when you go on holidays, or the cycle of shedding might happen at 9months, this happened with me. i had a panic attack, but with lotions organic products everything grew back stronger thicker and better. all the best for the future.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/