FUE planned with Dr. Josephitis - Shapiro Medical Group

Hi all, after consulting with several clinics and receiving some great advice on the forums I have decided to have FUE with Dr Josephitis from Shapiro Medical Group. I'm booked in for the end of September. I'm hoping for 15-1700 grafts which will be used to cover the thinning area from back of my hairline to my crown. Hopefully this should provide good coverage leaving plenty of donor grafts in reserve if I need more further down the line. I'm excited at the prospect of having my hair restored. I've decided on Dr Josephitis after speaking with Janna several times. I received examples of his work for FUE and strip, it seems that Dr Josephitis and Janna work side by side with the extractions. I've also spoken to couple of their patients. I am nervous but I know I will be in great hands. The Shapiro name is synonymous with natural and quality work.

I've recently started on Propecia and will wait until after surgery to start on Rogaine. The meds were an issue I had but after reading more information I realized it's only a small percentage who experience sides, therefor I made the decision to try them out, so far it's going good.

I plan on keeping a thorough documentation of the surgery and my progress.

Once again thanks for all the great advice posted here.

Should be very educational, new surgeon with the clinic and all- good luck and keep us posted.

Dr. Josephitis has been with SMG for quite some time now, I spoke to some former patients who all expressed how happy they were with his work, this reassured me in my choice.

Thanks for the good luck, I'll certainly keep everyone posted on my progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PCrudance.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. It won't be long now, however,

feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns before the big day. :)

Dance,

I hope you'll keep us updated. I look forward to seeing some of Dr. Josephitis' work.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi PCrudance.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. It won't be long now, however,

feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns before the big day. :)

Hi Janna, thank you for the prompt reply to my email, I'm looking forward to meeting you, the Doc and all the Smg team. I'm asking so many questions now so that I will be totally relaxed on the day of surgery.