considering FUE in Colombia

BaldPilot

Hey guys-

I have been seeing different forums and results from people posted all over the world. I have seen lots of news stories about how in Colombia lots of people are going there for cosmetic surgery like breast augmentation and it is significantly less expensive than in the US. The consults I have had in the US they have said I need about 2000 grafts in my crown and my main concern is skimping on quality and ending up looking stupid. I am 35 so I have to live with this for a while haha. So, my questions is, does anyone have any first hand experience with getting a HT done in Colombia? What was the cost and were you happy with it?

Thanks.

Kev

• 1 year later...

Hi Kev.

I know: Colombia is supposed to be cosmetic-surgery heaven, so why almost zero posts?

Last fall, I consulted with Juan David Londo?o in Medellin (100kCOP or about US$30) after having read an interview with him. He speaks good enough English. He claims to have performed about 100 hair transplants a year, for at least five years (over 500 total). Not sure how to check up on the claims.

He fumbled around a bit with my hair (Norwood II) and quoted me 5200kCOP (or about $1700), requiring that I first take a blood test (forget for what).

I love Medellin for its warm weather and friendly people, so I'd love to have the work done there, then convalesce. I'm just nervous having no reviews on Dr Londo?o. Do we have some way of ingressing new doctors here on HRN? It would be nice if they got an official email that a patient is interested in being the first to post his experience.

• 4 months later...

Hi, did you get any further on this?

Cali is "world capital" of plastic surgery so I'm also a bit baffled nobody talks more about Colombia here.

That Medellin options looks interesting.. price pr graft?

• 2 weeks later...

if ur looking for cheap but good I wud consider looking at Dr. Nader in Mexico.

won't see many patients posting cause he doesn't do a lot of advertising but his work is actually very good and he also perform BHT and I'm sure he is cheaper then Dr. Path or at least close in price and if ur in the states its a hellova a lot closer then Bangkok.

its actually about 10-15 minutes south of the Texas border

Regardless of location, it is always best to select a hair transplant surgeon who specializes in hair rather than one that does multiple cosmetic procedures. Moreover, select a surgeon who has a proven track record of producing only the best results. Using the search feature and the list of recommended hair transplant surgeons, you will find dozens of outstanding surgeons all over the world.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill makes a great point. Research hair surgeons in the area you want to travel to. Many cosmetic surgeons are happy to have your business but may not specialize in hair restoration surgery and its very difficult to track their past experiences, before/after photos, etc. Just be careful. Good luck and I hope your trip and efforts prove successful.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hey guys-

I have been seeing different forums and results from people posted all over the world. I have seen lots of news stories about how in Colombia lots of people are going there for cosmetic surgery like breast augmentation and it is significantly less expensive than in the US. The consults I have had in the US they have said I need about 2000 grafts in my crown and my main concern is skimping on quality and ending up looking stupid. I am 35 so I have to live with this for a while haha. So, my questions is, does anyone have any first hand experience with getting a HT done in Colombia? What was the cost and were you happy with it?

Thanks.

Kev

Wherever they are, the results should speak for themselves. What have you seen of results in Columbia?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, so I've been contemplating FUE for over a year now, just waiting for the right time and of course the right price... I've been doing a lot of research and noticed that I could potentially get the same procedures done, for so much cheaper with the "same" or "better" quality if I were to get it done out of the U.S. I live in Southern California and for the ARTAS procedure, well known doctors here want to charge me $6-$9 per graft depending on how much I want done. Im 25 and balding in my crown and my corners are starting to recede. They say I'll need about 2500. If the price is right I'd like to get it all taken care of, but if not I would want to just fill my crown.

My point is, I saw an ad on facebook for "Medical Tourism in Beautiful Colombia" where everything is all inclusive (travel & stay) and they offer $3.50 /graft. It sounds intriguing but I'm skeptical.. what do you guys think??? Thanks

Hey everyone, so I've been contemplating FUE for over a year now, just waiting for the right time and of course the right price... I've been doing a lot of research and noticed that I could potentially get the same procedures done, for so much cheaper with the "same" or "better" quality if I were to get it done out of the U.S. I live in Southern California and for the ARTAS procedure, well known doctors here want to charge me $6-$9 per graft depending on how much I want done. Im 25 and balding in my crown and my corners are starting to recede. They say I'll need about 2500. If the price is right I'd like to get it all taken care of, but if not I would want to just fill my crown.

My point is, I saw an ad on facebook for "Medical Tourism in Beautiful Colombia" where everything is all inclusive (travel & stay) and they offer $3.50 /graft. It sounds intriguing but I'm skeptical.. what do you guys think??? Thanks

I think don't do artas. If you're in Southern Cali you've got a doc who is getting a lot of buzz out of Mexico really close by and isn't far off the pricing you quoted and manual fue which blows away Artas. If you head to Turkey, Belgium you're still within that price range, maybe a little lower to a little higher but between 3 and 5 so you got options that are well known with great track records and not artas available to you. Read up on artas, it's not the gold standard for fue

Londono in Medellin has actually done a procedure on my friend's husband. They are very pleased with the result. His donor was very poor, he was told, but he has still come out with a good result. I didn't even know hair transplant surgery existed for the non-Wayne Rooney millionaires before he had it done and it was him getting it done that made me look into it.