Joe Tillman Now Representing Rahal

Nm, not 100% certain, but I think curly hair is tougher because the root is not straight making extraction more unpredictable and therefore difficult. The other issue with FUE not mentioned is that it's average cost is prohibitive for a lot of folks.

Thanks for your input, man. I appreciate you helping me out.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi NM156,

Thank you for your support. I'm glad I've been able to help you. What Hairthere said is true, if hair is curly growing out of the scalp it is also curly growing under the scalp. I think I should clarify and reiterate however that curly hair can be taken just fine but a larger punch is necessary to reduce transection and when you start using a large punch the benefit of FUE begins to diminish. Like I said, some people don't care and will prefer a larger dot to a linear scar. I'm not advocating one way or the other mind you, just saying it how it is.

Understood, Thanks for taking the time to answer my question , Joe. It makes things so much easier.

Joe, congratulations for your new job. I can irrefutably say that your advice is unbiased as I have also once contacted H&W and you replied very honestly to my questions and even turned me down for FUT mentioning that I am not a candidate for FUT because my donor is very limited.

Joe, congratulations for your new job. I can irrefutably say that your advice is unbiased as I have also once contacted H&W and you replied very honestly to my questions and even turned me down for FUT mentioning that I am not a candidate for FUT because my donor is very limited.

Thanks, Lucldh, for your support. I don't recall your case specifically but I'm glad I was able to help you in any way. I'll continue to do so if the need arises in the future. Just PM me:)

Joe works for an FUE doctor! now I have seen everything. Strips greatest online defender and crusader switched camps. I am gonna miss the online sparring sessions with Dr. Cole.

We might bust your jobs a bit lol but sincerely good luck on the new job cause we all have to pay our bills at the end of the day and you deserved it.

Hey joe I'm just wondering why you're not on your jotronic alias anymore?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hey joe I'm just wondering why you're not on your jotronic alias anymore?

I bet the Jotronic name became so connected with H&W that it just made sense to leave it behind and start fresh.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hey guys,

I won't go into all the details but I'm glad I have ditched the name. Who knows? Maybe I'll revive it at some point;) but as it stands I'm happy with the new direction I'm taking and using my real name for a "fresh start" as CD put it.

Hey guys,

I won't go into all the details but I'm glad I have ditched the name. Who knows? Maybe I'll revive it at some point;) but as it stands I'm happy with the new direction I'm taking and using my real name for a "fresh start" as CD put it.

Fair enough mate. Good luck with the future anyway not that you need it. I may see you again one day for fue you never know with this hair transplant game of cat and mouse so your move is ideal for me can pick your brains on it if the time ever comes after all my strips have gone also it's often crossed my mind for fue into scar when I'm finished with strip.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Fair enough mate.....after all my strips .

After all your strips..

...yep, you and thousands more.

In all my years on these forums, I can't think of a rep that has had more pervasive force than Jotronic, as we now know as Joe Tillman. I count Joe and his similarly robotical name-sake Spex, as being the two "generals on the front", an immensely formidable unit that managed to create so many rhetorical obstacles to the progress of FUE in this industry, for so, so long, that I thought the cat will never make it out of the bag. I won't bore you with the details, perhaps you can imagine. Even Lorenzo's success was qualified because ha had predominantly "Spanish patients". In the period since Dr. Evil from Sydney made its way into the north American consciousness (about 10 years after the Sydney operation started) until well into the teens of this century, it was remarkable, dismaying and fascinating all at the same time, to watch, to listen, and to read, and to accept the power of these two and the inevitable tidal wave of empathy and support that would would barrel forth, as you retired battered into your bunker of self-loathing, accepting that you, a fool, accepted the russian roulette stakes of an ear-to-ear strip scar, and a deal with the devil that is Propecia- or can be propecia. And I hav made a fool of myself countless times during that time too.

And yet, Joe has always been informed, judicious and yet also humble and generous in his advice. He has helped me in my research and if we learn something, it is that whilst nobody is unbiased or objective, and surely we have to at least try to read the stakes. Obviously we don't have perfect knowledge and so it is a game. The good reps don't actually say that much. They are re-assuring and reasonable and they are expert enough to let their patients do the talking on these forums, (and boy-oh-boy I have run into them, both FUE and strip).

So Joe, for all the times you have sat up telling the "bald truth" why FUE is a croc, you now will have a chance to tell us why FUE has so changed so much recently. You and Spex, wherever he is.

Good luck.

After all your strips..

...yep, you and thousands more.

In all my years on these forums, I can't think of a rep that has had more pervasive force than Jotronic, as we now know as Joe Tillman. I count Joe and his similarly robotical name-sake Spex, as being the two "generals on the front", an immensely formidable unit that managed to create so many rhetorical obstacles to the progress of FUE in this industry, for so, so long, that I thought the cat will never make it out of the bag. I won't bore you with the details, perhaps you can imagine. Even Lorenzo's success was qualified because ha had predominantly "Spanish patients". In the period since Dr. Evil from Sydney made its way into the north American consciousness (about 10 years after the Sydney operation started) until well into the teens of this century, it was remarkable, dismaying and fascinating all at the same time, to watch, to listen, and to read, and to accept the power of these two and the inevitable tidal wave of empathy and support that would would barrel forth, as you retired battered into your bunker of self-loathing, accepting that you, a fool, accepted the russian roulette stakes of an ear-to-ear strip scar, and a deal with the devil that is Propecia- or can be propecia. And I hav made a fool of myself countless times during that time too.

And yet, Joe has always been informed, judicious and yet also humble and generous in his advice. He has helped me in my research and if we learn something, it is that whilst nobody is unbiased or objective, and surely we have to at least try to read the stakes. Obviously we don't have perfect knowledge and so it is a game. The good reps don't actually say that much. They are re-assuring and reasonable and they are expert enough to let their patients do the talking on these forums, (and boy-oh-boy I have run into them, both FUE and strip).

So Joe, for all the times you have sat up telling the "bald truth" why FUE is a croc, you now will have a chance to tell us why FUE has so changed so much recently. You and Spex, wherever he is.

Good luck.

This x 1000000

The cat is truely out of the bag .

I also never bought these polar switches from people who were so vehmently against large scale FUE despite knowing otherwise. Anyone who did their research and homework could clearly see it was self interest because the clinics they represented did not cater for this market.

Next then we saw the 'evolved opinion' which coincided with a move to represent an FUE clinic !

Apart from the usual set of unobjective people (mainly ex patients of these people) who will jump in blindly defending them it is plain for all to see what was going on for some time.

The biggest croc i ever heard was because Lorenzos success was down to his patients being Spanish!!

I would find the whole thing laughable if it wasnt for lots of young impressionable guys who were shipped off with strip scars when FUE would have done them perfectly.

Edited by BaldingBogger

This x 1000000

The cat is truely out of the bag .

I also never bought these polar switches from people who were so vehmently against large scale FUE despite knowing otherwise. Anyone who did their research and homework could clearly see it was self interest because the clinics they represented did not cater for this market.

Next then we saw the 'evolved opinion' which coincided with a move to represent an FUE clinic !

Apart from the usual set of unobjective people (mainly ex patients of these people) who will jump in blindly defending them it is plain for all to see what was going on for some time.

The biggest croc i ever heard was because Lorenzos success was down to his patients being Spanish!!

I would find the whole thing laughable if it wasnt for lots of young impressionable guys who were shipped off with strip scars when FUE would have done them perfectly.

I knew there would be a few individuals that would take my move as an opportunity to utilize the anonymity of the internet for mudslinging. I can take it. But what I won't take is being called a hypocrite by a hypocrite...

By Baldingbogger - 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM...

I think some Dr's nose will be put out of joint if they just offer FUT but they they need to evolve.!

FUT and FUE both have their place but a LOT of guys will now realise FUE will fit their needs with FUT catering mainly for higher norwoods .

I agree 100% with your statement above with regards to the need for FUE and FUT. However, your duplicity is astounding. My stance on FUE has "EVOLVED" which was not overnight as I clearly laid out earlier in this thread. Now that I've done EXACTLY as you indicated FUT only proponents (clinics) should do, "evolve", I'm now somehow being vilified for exactly what you said should happen. It certainly does appear that the cat is out of the bag.

Ha ha ha ha that's embarrassing baldingblogger you're clearly a hypocrite or really confused I suggest you make you're mind up your self about matters you want to criticise others on. Seen it all on here now!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bottom line here what are all these negative posts actually suggesting? Nobody has actually said what the problem is I've just seen stabbing remarks.

Are a couple of you saying that a employee shouldn't be allowed to move employers because the new employer does a extra type of operation? Because as far as I'm aware Rahals is a lot like Hasson & Wong they do fut mega session hts regularly but they also do Fue for me that's a smart move. Has Rahal stopped Fut now? it's not as if Joe has ever said Fue grafts don't grow at all. I think its fairly common knowledge that most Drs have said for years that fut grafts grow consistently better than Fue but why can't Fue have improved or be on the verge of being as good now all these years on.

Even if he moved solely for financial reasons what's wrong with that too the majority of the worlds employees move for financial reasons look at soccer football players, business is business the only way I'd give someone grief is if they'd moved to a charlatan company and we all know Rahals is a elite trust worthy clinic so I can only think people are just moaning just to be annoying.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I knew there would be a few individuals that would take my move as an opportunity to utilize the anonymity of the internet for mudslinging. I can take it. But what I won't take is being called a hypocrite by a hypocrite...

By Baldingbogger - 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM...

I agree 100% with your statement above with regards to the need for FUE and FUT. However, your duplicity is astounding. My stance on FUE has "EVOLVED" which was not overnight as I clearly laid out earlier in this thread. Now that I've done EXACTLY as you indicated FUT only proponents (clinics) should do, "evolve", I'm now somehow being vilified for exactly what you said should happen. It certainly does appear that the cat is out of the bag.

Must say find it quite amusing being called a hypocrite but obviously take no offence!

I totally concur that both procedures have their place in the industry and stand by that statement fully.

The statement you pull is conveniently out of context to this discussion and refers to FUT clinics offering Strip only having to evolve what they offer to also perform FUE if they want to stay profitable.

I have no issue with clinics and people making money and a living. We all got to.

What i have an issue with is a couple of supposed industry experts and online reps denying and bashing the capabilities of the FUE procedure for years despite clear evidence to the contrary and privately and publicly influencing guys in to getting FUT just because the clinics they worked for only really offered FUT.

I'm sorry i just don't buy your and Spex 'evolving opinions' that occurred dramatically with a change to representing a different clinic offering large FUE sessions. I am aware the FUT bookings are taking a hammering due to the advent of large FUE clinics. Therefore what springs to mind is akin to rats jumping a sinking ship after years of singing from a different hymn sheet.

In any event my point of view on these matters is completely irrelevant. Why? Because i am not a paid industry 'professional' in a position of having massive influence on new impressionable people to the HT scene . AND having the influence to guide them to decisions which will affect them the rest of their life and potentially leave them in a worse situation than being bald with strip scars.

All in the name of monetary self interest and keeping the bookings flowing in to my clinic .

I am just genuinely glad that the above has happened and the two of you are now representing FUE clinic's and not peddling around misinformation and misguiding people new to the scene anymore.

Onwards and upwards.

Ha ha ha ha that's embarrassing baldingblogger you're clearly a hypocrite or really confused I suggest you make you're mind up your self about matters you want to criticise others on. Seen it all on here now!

What's embarrassing is your inability to see what has been going on in this industry for a long time! Thanks for validating my above statement btw ex H&W patient

That is All I have to say on the matter so I shall leave you guys to continue your love in

Edited by BaldingBogger

I know exactly what's going on in this industry I've been involved 15 Years had Fue and strip by way of 4 surgeons and cured my self of baldness from a nw5a not many can say that. I've Spoke to countless reps over the years I know who's who.

I'm only here nowadays to help others just starting with this plight as I know how upsetting it is but if people just put their efforts towards curing their loss instead of coming on here to sling mud then there would be a lot more people living the happy life I now have.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I know exactly what's going on in this industry I've been involved 15 Years had Fue and strip by way of 4 surgeons and cured my self of baldness from a nw5a not many can say that. I've Spoke to countless reps over the years I know who's who.

I'm only here nowadays to help others just starting with this plight as I know how upsetting it is but if people just put their efforts towards curing their loss instead of coming on here to sling mud then there would be a lot more people living the happy life I now have.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

My stance on FUE has "EVOLVED" which was not overnight as I clearly laid out earlier in this thread. Now that I've done EXACTLY as you indicated FUT only proponents (clinics) should do, "evolve", I'm now somehow being vilified for exactly what you said should happen. It certainly does appear that the cat is out of the bag.

Who are you kidding?

May not have been overnight but certainly within a few months.

I'm still here Joe and my reviews and my experiences with you subject to your then recommendations are certainly not forgotten.

People seeking repairs are easy and impressionable sales would you agree Joe?

I was desperately trying to find the best options available for my circumstances and had put all my trust in you. Within months of doing so and me taking your recommendations, you then completely abandoned those once staunch views you had on FUT among other things....

People seeking repairs are those who need above all else the most accurate professional recommendations. It's inconceivable to think that your views changed over a longer period of time after everything you had said to me only months prior.

You had "reached out to me" first remember Joe?

If I had taken the advice you gave me in your very first email God only knows what would of happened. How do I know this? Well rather than detail my reviews and experiences in its entirety in this thread I'll just let this attached screenshot give a small insight.

(See attachment)

Or if the pic is to small to read it can be viewed here. http://i.imgur.com/sNN1rOO.png

This was on my earlier user name when I first signed up with this forum in late 2013 seeking guidance and help to correct a bad procedure I had received in Australia in 2002.

This was only the beginning of my journey that followed from your recommendations.

The first recommendations were to send me to a surgeon who you had warned every other person on this site not to go to.

This particular doctor was strictly not on the recommended list and long time members of this site would not need any explanation as to why.

I was fortunate to have been given some further guidance from Bill the lead admin of this site that helped me to make the right decision. Had I not been informed by Bill in a very simple but effective email, well you can use your imagination as to what the outcome may have been.

My last email conversation with you, my question still remains the same.

Do you still stand by all the advice you gave me in late 2013 and early 2014?

jotronic.jpg.59d43ad5f6a4cd015d7c2a76bff09117.jpg

Edited by hairfarmer79

Who are you kidding?

May not have been overnight but certainly within a few months.

I'm still here Joe and my reviews and my experiences with you subject to your then recommendations are certainly not forgotten.

People seeking repairs are easy and impressionable sales would you agree Joe?

I was desperately trying to find the best options available for my circumstances and had put all my trust in you. Within months of doing so and me taking your recommendations, you then completely abandoned those once staunch views you had on FUT among other things....

People seeking repairs are those who need above all else the most accurate professional recommendations. It's inconceivable to think that your views changed over a longer period of time after everything you had said to me only months prior.

You had "reached out to me" first remember Joe?

If I had taken the advice you gave me in your very first email God only knows what would of happened. How do I know this? Well rather than detail my reviews and experiences in its entirety in this thread I'll just let this attached screenshot give a small insight.

(See attachment)

Or if the pic is to small to read it can be viewed here. http://i.imgur.com/sNN1rOO.png

This was on my earlier user name when I first signed up with this forum in late 2013 seeking guidance and help to correct a bad procedure I had received in Australia in 2002.

This was only the beginning of my journey that followed from your recommendations.

The first recommendations were to send me to a surgeon who you had warned every other person on this site not to go to.

This particular doctor was strictly not on the recommended list and long time members of this site would not need any explanation as to why.

I was fortunate to have been given some further guidance from Bill the lead admin of this site that helped me to make the right decision. Had I not been informed by Bill in a very simple but effective email, well you can use your imagination as to what the outcome may have been.

My last email conversation with you, my question still remains the same.

Do you still stand by all the advice you gave me in late 2013 and early 2014?

Wow... Very surprised Joe recommended this surgeon...

Hairfarmer,

As we've discussed privately, I strongly recommend that you wait the full year before drawing any final conclusions about your result. Furthermore, my advice to you was simply to develop realistic expectations given that hair transplant surgery is about an "illusion of fullness" and not about restoring a full head of hair. Ultimately, you should notice some nice overall improvement in the appearance of your hair (which I believe you've acknowledged you already see). However, given your level of hair loss prior to surgery with Dr. Wong, you may require another pass to achieve the kind of density you desire.

I've known Joe Tillman a long time and in my opinion, he is full of integrity and his primary goal and passion is to help hair loss sufferers get the best results. Today, this can be accomplished using strip or FUE in the hands of a skilled physician. While I appreciate that you have a different opinion of Joe, continuing to post negative comments about him on every topic is inappropriate. Thus, now that you've shared your opinion several times, I suggest that you let others provide their input and move onto other topics.

Regarding your hair transplant, I strongly suggest you wait out the full year to see how things continue to progress and then create a new topic to provide the community with an update on your results. If you would like to share the details of your experience to date, you are welcome to create a new topic as long as you are 100% willing to let Dr. Wong and Joe respond in full with their side of the story and photos as appropriate.

At the end of the day, we all want you to get the results you want and deserve. Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

One things is for sure and only a few people really get it, most just go off to a doc or a rep and rush into surgery within months of being on these sites thinking they are in safe hands or that they found the person they could trust.

In the case of hair transplants you have to find the strength to use your logic not your emotions. It really shouldn't matter what Joe was saying about FUE if people use patience in order to be better educated. Stay on the forums and research, go meet doctors and listen don't rush in!

After all no matter what... the truth is simple and logic dictates the truth. Reps work for a doctor they sell HIS procedure. You can't go to an Apple store and the salesmen there tell you its better to buy an android phone in your case. You don't go to an Audi dealership and salesmen tell you BMW's model in this category is better!

So why oh why we have maintained this illusion in the hair transplant industry that the reps are your consultants on whats best for you? I am sure none of them wants to see you fail or have a bad result but in the end of the day they work for someone! Use them to your benefit by talking with them cause you will learn much but STOP idolising them and trusting them blindly!

Trust yourself by taking the time to educate yourself! This industry is full of surprises and if you stay long enough circumstances will arise where the curtains will fall so you can get a clearer look on whats hidden behind! No one can fool you forever...