FUE surgery: CASH payment only?

Hey all,

I am currently looking to get a 3500 graft FUE transplant done in turkey. Dr. Koray Erdogan has been highly recommended, and I had called to arrange an appointment in late november (spend time to heal over x-mas).

However, upon speaking to the receptionist, so mentioned that other than the deposit required to book the surgery dates, the rest of the payment has to be in Cash. They do not except credit card (and if they did, they would charge me 20% additional.

I dont live in turkey, so I dont know how to validate if this is the norm ? has anyone had experience with Dr. Erdogan ... and can you share your experience of payment?

Thanks,

Nicholas

no. said i could only wire 1000 euro for deposit ---

does this sound sketchy ? how should i go about validating the legitimacy of the transaction ?

have you heard of anyone ( a member i can reach out too) that has done surgery from Dr. Erdogan ?

Nick,

Please do not create any additional duplicate threads on this topic. Use this thread for all discussion regarding your question/situation. Thank you!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

What's so hard to understand? They want to shield the payment from the tax it would incur if there were a paper trail. I do understand your concern though. Nobody feels comfortable traveling with 10k cash and it's not like you can withdrawal that type of cash from an ATM. Get it all in Euros before you leave and buy a money belt thing to wear under your pants.

What's so hard to understand? They want to shield the payment from the tax it would incur if there were a paper trail. I do understand your concern though. Nobody feels comfortable traveling with 10k cash and it's not like you can withdrawal that type of cash from an ATM. Get it all in Euros before you leave and buy a money belt thing to wear under your pants.

I agree!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Its still a strange way to do business especially dealing with international clients, i wouldnt like to be worrying about hauling up to 10k cash with me going through airport security or having to worry about being robbed etc!

I also wouldnt like that my HT surgeon could be a possible tax dodger, not saying this clinic is but it certainly opens up the possibility.

Most guys couldnt care less i guess as long as they get a great head of hair.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Tax.

I took a large amount of cash with me on two occasions for surgery & expenses for 2 weeks but I did make a transfer of funds to the clinic & of course I did trust them.

Wasn't a nice experience carrying it for like 15 hours in my jeans.

At the airport on my second trip they asked how much I'm carrying & I need to go to another desk to complete a form before being allowed out of the airport. Reason for carrying this amount, if relatives in their country, where I'm staying for the duration of my trip etc.

Its still a strange way to do business especially dealing with international clients, i wouldnt like to be worrying about hauling up to 10k cash with me going through airport security or having to worry about being robbed etc!

I also wouldnt like that my HT surgeon could be a possible tax dodger, not saying this clinic is but it certainly opens up the possibility.

Most guys couldnt care less i guess as long as they get a great head of hair.

I feel the same way, makes the clinic look dodgy (which it is, as it doesn't want to pay taxes) and it makes the traveller have to carry a large sum of cash with them to Turkey, meaning the cash can be lost or stolen, and increases ones anxiety, no doubt.

Very unprofessional of a clinic (or any business for that matter) to demand that payment of a large sum of money should be cash only. I would not have an HT with a clinic that operated that way.

It's all about tax. If you wanna wire the Money they probably charge you the sales tax which is 8% on top of income tax which could be anywhere between 15% to 35% depending on how company is structured.

I'm positive all clinics in Turkey do the same scheme.

I enquired about this when I was thinking of going to the clinic for a procedure. I asked if I could wire the payments instead of travelling with thousands of euros. They said they only accepted cash payments. I asked not even debit card or credit card and they said it's only cash. They said if it wasn't cash payments the cost would go up a lot that's why they do cash only. So I guessing this is something to do with tax added on procedures which they are trying to avoid. I guess it helps the patient though because it's cheaper for them!

• 2 months later...
Very unprofessional of a clinic (or any business for that matter) to demand that payment of a large sum of money should be cash only. I would not have an HT with a clinic that operated that way.

A lot of clinics do that in Europe. You're right.