When should I notice new growth?

Exactly 3 months ago today I had my FUT, HT with Dr. Konior. My question is, when should I notice new growth? At this point I can't tell that I have anything new poking out. Is this unusual for the 3 month mark. Should I be able to feel them first, like little stubble, or see them first? The procedure went great but I am ready for results.

You already know the answer to your own question.

It would've been laid out in the post-op instructions given to you by the highly professional Dr. Konior and you would almost certainly have read many threads by people who've had hair transplant surgery on this forum before selecting that particular doctor.

You already know the answer to your own question.

It would've been laid out in the post-op instructions given to you by the highly professional Dr. Konior and you would almost certainly have read many threads by people who've had hair transplant surgery on this forum before selecting that particular doctor.

Thank you so much for your kind & informative reply.

Agreed that you should be fully aware of the growth cycle, both by reading this board and the literature that your surgeon presumably provides in his post-op kit.

That said....at month 3, you may begin to notice some 'peach fuzz' forming. It wont be cosmetically significant by any means until at least a month or two later. Grafts in and around the hairline always grew in for me first. Months 5-8 tend to be the 'wow' months.

Agreed that you should be fully aware of the growth cycle, both by reading this board and the literature that your surgeon presumably provides in his post-op kit.

That said....at month 3, you may begin to notice some 'peach fuzz' forming. It wont be cosmetically significant by any means until at least a month or two later. Grafts in and around the hairline always grew in for me first. Months 5-8 tend to be the 'wow' months.

Well, as you can tell by my post count, I don't spend a lot of time on forums. I certainly didn't expect the type of answers received, and if you want to treat people like that, please don't post. I asked a simple question.

Thank you for the second part of your reply. That is exactly what I was wanting.

I saw little until month 4. Even then it was just whispy hairs.

Hopefully you will see something by then but don't get disheartened if it takes a bit longer. You have to mentally prepare yourself for 6+ months and treat anything sooner as a bonus.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I saw little until month 4. Even then it was just whispy hairs.

Hopefully you will see something by then but don't get disheartened if it takes a bit longer. You have to mentally prepare yourself for 6+ months and treat anything sooner as a bonus.

Many thanks 1978Matt!!

Sometimes it's just nice to be reassured that things are going along OK. The dulldrum period, as they say, is drawn out and the duration varies from person to person. You can start to question if things are really going as planned if you're not at or ahead of the curve.

I think month 3 is generally the period where things start to happen... key word is "start," because you won't necessarily be able to see it. By month 4-5 if you can't actually see noticeable peach fuzz then I think you're either a slow grower or may have a problem.

Sometimes it's just nice to be reassured that things are going along OK. The dulldrum period, as they say, is drawn out and the duration varies from person to person. You can start to question if things are really going as planned if you're not at or ahead of the curve.

I think month 3 is generally the period where things start to happen... key word is "start," because you won't necessarily be able to see it. By month 4-5 if you can't actually see noticeable peach fuzz then I think you're either a slow grower or may have a problem.

Spot on Rootz, thanks!!