Hi,

I'm Derek and am new here. I'm 31 years old and have been losing my hair slowly since I was 19. I have been on Propecia and have been on Avodart for the past few years. For the most part it has worked. I am not balding on my crown that bad, but my hairline keeps on receding ever so slowly and it's gotten to the point where I need to do something about it. Luckily I have pretty long hair so I am able to somewhat hide the fact that it is receding.

Who is the absolute best person to go to for transplant work in New York? I have been told I have terrific donor areas and would only need my hairline filled in and a bit on crown.

Dr. David Orentreich has been my family dermatologist for years, and has kept me with a good amount of hair, but I can't find many reviews on him. I know his father Norman created the hair transplant, but is he good?

I have been doing research and it also sounds like Carlos Wesley is very good as is Dr. Bernstein . I feel like Berstein might just have the best advertising though!

There is also Dr. Feller..

Can anyone lead me to the absolute best? Luckily, I make a good enough living that I am willing to pay to have the best results.

I've attached some pics of my "situation" Any advise would be so so appreciated.

5b32e02c308b1_photo2.jpg.6d05111899fb87a282d6757a7addf921.jpg

5b32e02c73c98_photo1.jpg.907ccff63da2dddf0c8e2066b6456265.jpg

Hey Derek,

Have you reviewed the list of our recommended surgeons in New York? We recommend an excellent group of physicians there, several of who were mentioned above.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hair Transplant Network

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.