~2000 FUE with Dr Reddy..Great experience!

Shacked

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My 5 month mark comes up in a week or so where I will post more pics of hairline etc.

In there mean time here are a couple of shots. one taken Oct 10th and the second on Nov 24.

More density hopefully to come in the right side of the cowlick (see a number of sprouting hairs), and in the temples. Hopefully there are even bigger improvements over the next 7 months. I certainly think the minox and propecia are helping with the quality of hair on my crown.

Sorry, I don't know why my image keep on getting rotated in the posts.

5b32e2e3c0d8b_10thoct.jpg.67058d91cbfceaf0a55f36ac42d3a5fa.jpg

5b32e2e3dbd61_24thnov.jpg.6b685813fbde2aaa181e9166eabe059f.jpg

Sounds like you had a great experience and it looks like you're progressing really well!

Do you have any more information on that 3G technique you're mentioning? What extraction tool was used (motorised or manual)?

Thank you for posting.

Manual extraction and choi implanter. Follicles are kept in acell and its applied to the head. There are likely other things that define it. I believe one of these is that the Dr does not go as deep during the extraction as other doctors and is very cautious about the amount of anesthetic applied. This means there was no pain, swelling, bruising, or scarring.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update at five and a half months.

Hope to see a bit more thickening up front and on the temples, but so far so good, I think.

Close to a year on Propecia, and 9 months on minox, have certainly contributed to better quality of hair and thickening up top.

With the current fairly good growth, I hope there is further room for more improvement over the next 6.5 months or more.

IMG_0930.jpg.50b7b00dfea75ac70bc927c10b90055a.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg.220c8e56da0a074466574691bf9c83d8.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg.101816074304cad69e8094b85950080f.jpg

• 1 month later...

Things getting better month to month. Guess Im around half way now.

Was recently on holiday, talking to a 46 year old that hadn't lost a single hair on his head...he said to me " Well your never going to lose your hair by the looks of it"... My friend from home and I looked at each other and smiled. I usually explain it all to anyone and everyone was just too drunk to bother, but we both thought it funny. Dr. Reddy's FUE is doing the trick so far :)

5b32e3e10926d_7months.jpg.a0ff814e7e0d148fd3b0bed14715d64e.jpg

5b32e3e121a5c_7months2.jpg.93a804e0ac9d3af2975dbf018c02f6c2.jpg

5b32e3e14bc10_7months3.jpg.6bbe9b2a0a4f1e81975c7d80a6ae2111.jpg

0-7months.jpg.3a7cf817de06d0ea4f63ad724a12573e.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just had a trim so thought to share my progress at the 8 month mark.

Hairs are maturing and I still see a bunch of hairs that are still yet to start properly growing. These are part of follicles that contain other hairs too (which are growing) so these should start to grow soon.

IMG_1442.jpg.48c7fe6667ccab7c7923ee3652ec3cb4.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg.4797e24d2d261c6f28d1f94a63c00631.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg.033460efefe60af185a4a4637b41b21d.jpg

Looks superb , did the dr say you had good characteristics for ht ? What's the best way to get an evaluation ? I'm also here in the uk so really interested in dr reddy . I've read his pricing and I'm a little confused so prob best I get an estimation in person .

Thanks guys. It has made a huge difference to my confidence not wearing hats etc. I couldn't recommend Dr Reddy enough.

@Wibbles: I was living in Canada at the time of booking my procedure and so was evaluated via emailed pics. The team were obviously able to evaluate my donor enough this way. I believe the Doc only takes on ~10% of patients that display decent hair supply and characteristics. He did say that I had "big" healthy grafts when we met in person. I'd suggest sending some pictures but then following up with a phone call as sometimes the clinic is a little slow to respond due to their small size and workload. Very nice professional team nonetheless. The pricing is 6 quid per extracted graft.

@TMM I see no reason really to stop using Minox. I don't worry if I miss a few days here and there if I'm busy etc. I use more than 1 mil, but just once in the evening. The Kirkham stuff is cheap so its no worries.

Cheers

J

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yeah, I've read all, just wondering is the procedure done in a day? do you get accommodation or do you have to find it if you have to stay over? you said it was ?6per graft, so ?6x2000 = ?12000? am I calculating that right as I'm not sure how it all works?

Thanks,

my procedure was done over two days. This is to ensure accuracy and maximize graft survival. They do not provide accommodation but there are 100s of hotels in London. My family lives there so was no issue for me. Your graft/price calculation is correct.

Hi Shacked,

Sounds like you had a great experience with Dr. Reddy! That's an important part of the HT.

The transplanted hairs are growing in nicely and the results looks great, so far. Can't wait to see your results at one year!

Any questions, please let me know.

Robert Ha, Senior Patient Advisor

Dr. H. Rahal is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rahal - Restoring more than just hair™

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): 1x Daily

Generic Minoxidil 5%: 2x Daily

Nizoral Shampoo: 2x weekly

Hi callumb93,

I understand you're looking for a hair transplant surgeon. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you and answer any questions you might have about hair transplants. I'm happy to address your concerns, big or small.

Please feel free to contact me:

1.877.712.4247 ext. 2511

robert@rahalhairline.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Any questions, please let me know.

Robert Ha, Senior Patient Advisor

Dr. H. Rahal is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rahal - Restoring more than just hair™

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): 1x Daily

Generic Minoxidil 5%: 2x Daily

Nizoral Shampoo: 2x weekly

Read the entire thread, nice documentary and Good result hope you enjoying your new hair

Well just one question, what turned you off from Dr.Rahal?

Mainly the fact that the clinic seems to churn out procedures on a daily basis, i have read about too many failed procedures/unsatisfied customers for me to be 100% confident in him doing fue, and he apparently works really fast using an automatic punch.

Mainly the fact that the clinic seems to churn out procedures on a daily basis, i have read about too many failed procedures/unsatisfied customers for me to be 100% confident in him doing fue, and he apparently works really fast using an automatic punch.

Thats understandable. and i assume dr reddy and his team take a lot more time and patience with the procedure.